Rashaad Pennys replacement

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
With news of Penny being done for the season, rumors are swirling that Seattle is looking for a replacement as the only other RB behind KW3 is DJ. One of the names being mentioned is Panthers RB Christian McCaffery. Seattle does have the ammunition to pull off a trade if indeed Carolina were looking to field offers before the trade deadline. What say you? Should Seattle use some of that draft capital they have and try and acquire an all-pro like McCaffery? Or should they roll with KW3 and maybe grab someone not as costly for depth, saving their draft capital to retool their defense in next years draft?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
With news of Penny being done for the season, rumors are swirling that Seattle is looking for a replacement as the only other RB behind KW3 is DJ. One of the names being mentioned is Panthers RB Christian McCaffery. Seattle does have the ammunition to pull off a trade if indeed Carolina were looking to field offers before the trade deadline. What say you? Should Seattle use some of that draft capital they have and try and acquire an all-pro like McCaffery? Or should they roll with KW3 and maybe grab someone not as costly for depth, saving their draft capital to retool their defense in next years draft?
Screw that, in my opinion. Go after their defenders, if anything. This defense could use a Derrick Brown or a Brian Burns.

Go cheap at RB and lean on K9. They're already passing on early downs at one of the highest rates in the NFL, continue leaning on Genos efficiency

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. Not a big fan of that idea. Homer should be back in a couple of weeks, and the two guys on the practice squad at least know the offense. Trade deadline is a few weeks away. I'm for leaning on what we have for now.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Are we a running back shy of making a deep run? No. We are an entire defense away, and are in the same rebuilding mode as Carolina. McCaffery will go to someone with draft capital, and most of the other pieces in place, or will stay with Carolina.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Practice squad or a free agent somewhere.

If we're trading for anything, it needs to be defenders who will be around for at least an extra year or two, not an RB. (Especially one who could join Penny on the IR at any moment.)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Going to have to promote Thompson off the practice squad until they can grab someone off someone else's practice squad, or a cheap trade for a veteran.

Is AP still playing!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
McCaffrey is almost as injury prone now as Penny. I like Penny and I hope he'll come back next year. If anything, we should poach Carolina's defense for a player or two.

Polk738

Reaction score
Running back is the least of THIS team's worries at this point, shouldn't Homer be coming back by week 6?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
CM is almost as injury prone as Penny. Big pass.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs was on the trading block prior to the season. I wonder if the Raiders are still willing to deal him.