Rooting for the 49ers?

seabowl

Reaction score
I am as diehard of a fan as they come, but I gotta be honest in that no matter what, I just don’t see this team going anywhere with the current set up. Defense sucks, offense is starting to suck too. I also don’t believe that Geno can take his team deep with any squad.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's best to let the rookies play and give them more time.

We already saw what we had with Geno, I think we should watch and see how Lock plays out.

Gabe Jackson and our Center gotta be benched.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I can't believe how many quitters there are who supposedly support the Seahawks, people that talk like this are not sports fans. I imagine all fan bases are like this, very sad indeed..
If we can't will a SB every year fire everybody, screw em all.
Find a new sport, find a new hobby..!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's ok to be a fan but call it like we see it. There's a lot of dead weight on this roster dragging down the few good players they have.

Go Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You literally want them to LOSE so they get "better draft picks"
I can't take much of anything serious that you say Jer. I'm not doubting you love the Hawks, but you have shown your colors now. WANTING team team to lose. Congrats

Jerhawk

Reaction score
You literally want them to LOSE so they get "better draft picks"
I can't take much of anything serious that you say Jer. I'm not doubting you love the Hawks, but you have shown your colors now. WANTING team team to lose. Congrats
In order to get better draft picks? Yes we need to look at the big picture. My "true colors" is wanting the team to set themselves up for the best position to succeed in future seasons since this current team doesn't have the juice to get the job done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
WE don't need to do anything. I want them to win. If they lose and they get better draft picks, so be it. But even considering wanting a team to lose is just funny.

I won't ever say "Go Niners"
But........for one week, go get that win Santa Clara.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
No need to spell out the big words, some people just want them to lose. I don't get it, but to each his/her own.
Lose to win. I've explained my logic. I know it's not popular but when my way works and the team wins Superbowl 59 you'll think back to this moment and thank me

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bad matchup for San Fran I want the 69ers to win but I doubt they will. Both teams are identical

Mix

Reaction score
In order to get better draft picks? Yes we need to look at the big picture. My "true colors" is wanting the team to set themselves up for the best position to succeed in future seasons since this current team doesn't have the juice to get the job done.
I have to ask, when people suggest tanking/losing/not winning for draft picks... do they always assume that draft pick/s will work out?

I'll take a win on Sunday over a higher draft pick on Thursday.
Wanting a team to lose for draft pick advantage is what the Broncos are for.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I have to ask, when people suggest tanking/losing/not winning for draft picks... do they always assume that draft pick/s will work out?

I'll take a win on Sunday over a higher draft pick on Thursday.
Wanting a team to lose for draft pick advantage is what the Broncos are for.
Look at the 49ers. Specifically their defensive line. They built that with high draft picks. That should be this team's goal. Build a dominant defensive line to change the game.

@SoulfishHawk
On my drive to work this morning here in cold, snowy Spokane, I thought of an analogy as I was dodging the Californian drivers with rear wheel drive:

I hate driving in the snow. The other drivers upset me, it takes longer to get places, and it's an all around tough experience. It feels like losing. However, come summer time, when there's a bunch of forest fires raging out of control, the air smelling like smoke burning the eyes, caused primarily by the Californian campers that can't put out a campfire properly, it's nice to know that we have snow pack in the mountains to reduce drought conditions. The tough times of driving in the snow is well worth it if it means reducing dry conditions in the summer, helping fire fighters put out fires.

That's my thinking. Take the rough times first, so we can enjoy better times later.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
that wasn't my quote :)
I know, I just wanted to include you in it rather than making two separate comments because I've been thinking of our interactions on here. I know you and several others think I'm a lousy fan, but I'm just trying to hope for the best future success for the team.

Every year for my birthday from age 7 - 23, I wished for the Seahawks to win a Superbowl. My biggest regret is that the birthday wish was singular "a Superbowl" and not "Superbowls" and I fear this lapse in judgment is what cost the team 49.

As a child, I would tape a hand drawn Seahawk emblem on 8" x 11" paper on the side of my school desk, and kids would come along and tear it down, saying things like "Seachickens suck tubby" and "they'll never win, you fatty." I would clinch my fists in balls of rage, seething and thinking "they'll win it one day. You'll see. One day!!"

Then, when they finally won the Superbowl, those same kids, now grown up, were posting pictures on Facebook in Seahawks jerseys celebrating, saying things like "we did it" and "believe." I yelled at my phone screen, "fake fans," I called them. I was the one that believed, not you!

As I wiped my tears away, I remembered that despite their fake fan pride, you, myself and others are the real fans. And nothing would make us happier than to win another Superbowl. That's all I want now.
Together, we can do this.

Just not this season I fear.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I know, I just wanted to include you in it rather than making two separate comments because I've been thinking of our interactions on here. I know you and several others think I'm a lousy fan, but I'm just trying to hope for the best future success for the team.

Every year for my birthday from age 7 - 23, I wished for the Seahawks to win a Superbowl. My biggest regret is that the birthday wish was singular "a Superbowl" and not "Superbowls" and I fear this lapse in judgment is what cost the team 49.

As a child, I would tape a hand drawn Seahawk emblem on 8" x 11" paper on the side of my school desk, and kids would come along and tear it down, saying things like "Seachickens suck tubby" and "they'll never win, you fatty." I would clinch my fists in balls of rage, seething and thinking "they'll win it one day. You'll see. One day!!"

Then, when they finally won the Superbowl, those same kids, now grown up, were posting pictures on Facebook in Seahawks jerseys celebrating, saying things like "we did it" and "believe." I yelled at my phone screen, "fake fans," I called them. I was the one that believed, not you!

As I wiped my tears away, I remembered that despite their fake fan pride, you, myself and others are the real fans. And nothing would make us happier than to win another Superbowl. That's all I want now.
Together, we can do this.

Just not this season I fear.

All that’s fine but I don’t get ppl rooting to lose.

I see it this way.

1. Root for us to have a better season than 2021. That’s just one more game. Its then more “official” that Geno is a better solution than Russ would have been.

2. Root for us to win two of three. That gives us a winning record plus a chance at playoffs.

This team with the same defensive guys beat S Barkley this year and now they’re mostly laying around.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We should root for the 9ers because we need the Commanders to lose for playoff reasons. The Jets and Rams are attainable wins.

THIS. Not sure what the hell everyone else is talking about draft stuff -

Yes. Root for the 49ers. If we can back into the playoffs and get our shit together - that would be great!

Root for whatever helps the hawks, really - anytime. That's why I was 'anyone but vikings' for a while, even though I quite like/don't mind the Vikes.

Latest posts