Ruminations on the Bucs Game

Tical21

Reaction score
His players respond to it well and like when he does it. It's idiotic, but there's a chance it's working.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We as fans, I'll add hockey fans in this too because they're the worst & Seattle is getting a team, always want our coach to call out shitty refereeing in their post-game pressers because it would make us feel good but we all know doing that, calling out the refs, even once, would absolutely screw us with the refs forever & we'd never get a call but we bemoan & whine that we, as fans, want them to do it anyways.

This seems to be a way for all the coaches, Pete included, to call out the refs without calling out the refs.

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't see many Bucs games, but I've always thought Evans was an absolute beast, and he is, don't get me wrong. BUT, holy hell that guy pushes off A LOT and he isn't even trying to hide it or be savvy about. It's obvious as hell much of the time. How he gets away with it, I have no idea, but I have hard a time blaming Pete for using the only the only method at his disposal at the time to basically be like, "WTF refs? How are you letting this guy get away with this shit over and over again?"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Glad someone else noticed it. He pushes off on almost every play. And if he doesn't get a completion, whines like Phyllis Rivers to the refs that he's being held.
He's an incredible player, maybe he should just shut up and play ball. Shoot, if anything he should be quiet since he has been getting away with so many push off's. It's not unlike many WR's, the NFL has become so tough for defensive players these days.
Shoot, look how often they were doing pick plays, not one got called.