Russ Fatigue

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rat":3dkjrmp7 said:
pittpnthrs":3dkjrmp7 said:
Rat":3dkjrmp7 said:
I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

An example of how sad todays society is

It's more sad that some phony pushing lies is revered.

How do you know Russ so well? What did you guys have for dinner last night? You guys going out for beers later? Just wondering how you know for sure that he's such a big phony?

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":7ojhyfdo said:
Rat":7ojhyfdo said:
pittpnthrs":7ojhyfdo said:
Rat":7ojhyfdo said:
I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

An example of how sad todays society is

It's more sad that some phony pushing lies is revered.

How do you know Russ so well? What did you guys have for dinner last night? You guys going out for beers later? Just wondering how you know for sure that he's such a big phony?

oh and pushing lies too. Seems he thinks Wilson is a cult leader. So sad.

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't think Russ is phony. I think Russ is pretty corny, a little weird, and more than a little awkward, but I also think he's genuinely a good guy.

What I think is really bizarre is the opinion that if a guy isn't out there making bad choices and getting in trouble, then he isn't a flawed "real" person.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Putting down good people seems to be a sad trend these days. Someone is a good guy and/or successful. It has to be fake, I hate people who might ACTUALLY be good :?
Makes zero sense. But jealousy comes in many forms.

chris98251

Reaction score
Somewhere at some time he was taught making waves and having a questionable image was counter productive no matter how much actual talent you have. He stays within a bubble in his public image and interviews, he is a grey color that doesn't ruffle feathers of casuals that are not close to him or a team mate etc.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Rat":2dg5o914 said:

I'll root for him as long as he's a Seahawk, but I can't pretend that I don't wish he had been traded.

I love him as a player. He's an ultimate leader, magician holding the ball, he has perfected his craft and has no discernable weaknesses. We were fortunate that history of shorter QBs scared enough of the league off for us to get him in the third round. He's a future first ballot HOFer, easily.

But no, I don't like rooting for him. I think he's a phony. He's one of 53 players on the team though; and based on probability, there will likely always be at least one player on the team I don't care for off the field. I'm not going to quit rooting for the team because I don't like the off-field persona of 1/53rd of their players.

BTW, I never said I wanted him to fail. That's an embarrassing straw man, even for you.

Wut in the ACTUAL F? Somebody make this deranged monkey shit make sense. :shock:
You just might be the most miserable person on earth.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t care about off field stuff. I do care that he has THREE playoff wins in 6 years. He’s a great first half of the season QB and an average or worse second half/play off QB. I won’t be sad if he leaves after this year but I wouldn’t be one to want that to happen either. Results aren’t there for how great he thinks he is.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2gzr2x00 said:
I don’t care about off field stuff. I do care that he has THREE playoff wins in 6 years. He’s a great first half of the season QB and an average or worse second half/play off QB. I won’t be sad if he leaves after this year but I wouldn’t be one to want that to happen either. Results aren’t there for how great he thinks he is.

Tough for Wilson to overcome such horrible postseason game planning. Any QB will struggle with that. Need to look beyond Wilson for the teams lack of success in the playoffs.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vzxnvpu said:
JayhawkMike":2vzxnvpu said:

Tough for Wilson to overcome such horrible postseason game planning. Any QB will struggle with that. Need to look beyond Wilson for the teams lack of success in the playoffs.

Not really disagreeing with that.

I do wonder how much Wilson elevates his teammates above their existing skill and talent level. Does he take an average TE or WR and elevate them to good or great or does it go the other way? RB? Oline? A real question for me that I don’t have am opinion on yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has been carrying the team when the game is on the line his entire career. He absolutely DOES make his teammates better. Not that many would ever actually give him credit for anything, ever.

flv

Reaction score
Fantastic! Another Russell Wilson thread concludes with happiness and a group hug.

On to the next Russell Wilson thread. Thank goodness Smith and Mannion aren't getting in the way and spoiling things.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If tested, I'm sure that Russ would show an IQ over 150. People in this realm process information differently than the average man which has an IQ of 100. It is clear that there are some folk on this board that do not agree with many of his decisions......"on" as well as "off" the field. It would seem, in fact, that some would go so far as to question his rationality. There are some also on this board that occasionally take a "myopic" view of Russ's approach to the game. I've learned through my many years of life that things are not as they may appear.......

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3occg4q0 said:

If only the facts supported you as I showed when unposted this crap before. Career 2nd half qb rating over 97. Playoff qb rating over 95. Sorry facts show your wrong as I showed u before.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":ydkysom1 said:
JayhawkMike":ydkysom1 said:

If only the facts supported you as I showed when unposted this crap before. Career 2nd half qb rating over 97. Playoff qb rating over 95. Sorry facts show your wrong as I showed u before.

That's incredible, seeing as QB rating only goes up to 100. Almost perfection!

Oh wait.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":xc9lwhxc said:
If tested, I'm sure that Russ would show an IQ over 150. People in this realm process information differently than the average man which has an IQ of 100. It is clear that there are some folk on this board that do not agree with many of his decisions......"on" as well as "off" the field. It would seem, in fact, that some would go so far as to question his rationality. There are some also on this board that occasionally take a "myopic" view of Russ's approach to the game. I've learned through my many years of life that things are not as they may appear.......

Nah. Wonderlic of 28. He's not dumb, but he's not a genius. Fitzpatrick, on the other hand - that guy is a genius.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
This is where the interplay of HC OC and QB come into play and how everyone has different views on who to give credit or blame. It’s an endless unresolveable argument. All I truly know is we have completely sucked in the post season for far far too long. Some years many here, me included, know that we are only good enough to maybe get one win. I hope that changes.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ucirah2 said:
John63":3ucirah2 said:
JayhawkMike":3ucirah2 said:

That's incredible, seeing as QB rating only goes up to 100. Almost perfection!

Oh wait.

Qb rating goes over 100 and in the playoffs Qb rating tend to be lower than regular season for all QBs. As I posted on a other such thread Wilson's Playoff QB rating is higher than, Brady and many others. Wilson has the 10th best playoff Qb rating in NFL history.