Stealers Looking for a WR...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If we are going to trade DK, I would only do it late in the season, to some desperate team, and only after we are out of realistic running for a playoff spot. Then, we might be able to package our top 10 pick, along with the round 1 pick we get in the trade, to move up into the top 5.

chrispy

Reaction score
A trade isn't black-and-white, yes-or-no.

DK is a valuable part of the team. He puts up big numbers. Lockett is a big part of the team. He serves a valuable purpose even if his numbers aren't as big as they once were. However, if Pittsburgh (or any other team) values either of those skillsets considerably more than the Seahawks, it makes sense to discuss a trade. It depends on the compensation. It always has, always will, and always should. It's about the team, not the player. Does the player or compensation add more value.

So the real discussion is: What would it take to trade him?

Say you could bring in a starting WR with a low first or high second. (Where we drafted DK). To me, he's more valuable to the team than a rookie high draft pick. So it would need to be a first and something else substantial (player and/or additional substantial pick). Then push up the value because it's next year's draft and you go without for a season. That looks like a first and second to me as a starting point. ...or a first and a starter at a position of need. If a team offered a '25 1st round pick and an above average starting LB on a rookie contract it would be something JS would need to consider. Trading him for a first doesn't make sense to me.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
If we trade DK then what does our recieving room look like? Thin. Lockett on end of his career and Bobo. Anyone else leap out as anything special???

toffee

Reaction score
If the Steelers are looking for a WR to help out Wilson, DK may not be the one, they would target Tylor Lockett aka Russell Wilson's security blanket. Quite sure Schneider would consider a 2025 second and a third for Tylor.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
A trade isn't black-and-white, yes-or-no.

DK is a valuable part of the team. He puts up big numbers. Lockett is a big part of the team. He serves a valuable purpose even if his numbers aren't as big as they once were. However, if Pittsburgh (or any other team) values either of those skillsets considerably more than the Seahawks, it makes sense to discuss a trade. It depends on the compensation. It always has, always will, and always should. It's about the team, not the player. Does the player or compensation add more value.

So the real discussion is: What would it take to trade him?

Say you could bring in a starting WR with a low first or high second. (Where we drafted DK). To me, he's more valuable to the team than a rookie high draft pick. So it would need to be a first and something else substantial (player and/or additional substantial pick). Then push up the value because it's next year's draft and you go without for a season. That looks like a first and second to me as a starting point. ...or a first and a starter at a position of need. If a team offered a '25 1st round pick and an above average starting LB on a rookie contract it would be something JS would need to consider. Trading him for a first doesn't make sense to me.
Does Pitt have any LBs that would interest us?

Boohman14

Reaction score
Maybe Fields can play wide receiver? Pittsburgh can just wait for other teams scraps. There were good receivers in the draft. They ain't gonna poach Metcalf. They don't have anything Seattle wants bad enough to let Metcalf go.

toffee

Reaction score
We don't have the depth to trade away a receiver. Start a thread about teams looking for DBs...
Good point, Lockett on the last leg of his career, JSN was ok but didn't look ready to take over Lockett or Metcalf. Jobo was fun to watch but is he a WR1 or WR2?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Njigba comes to mind...

But yes, it would be thin. Dareke Young is also in the house.
I did forget about Njigba. I still think keeping DK is a good move. Of course if someone offered two first we would be stupid to pass but unless some out of this world deal then I say pass. I always find bit weird that a team would trade away a proven player for an unknown draft pick. The obvious reason is salary cap but people assume it would be easy to pick up a DK replacement with a high draft pick. Still a crap shoot. Plus people assume we would use the draft pick for a receiver. That’s not the way this Front office works.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If we are going to trade DK, I would only do it late in the season, to some desperate team, and only after we are out of realistic running for a playoff spot. Then, we might be able to package our top 10 pick, along with the round 1 pick we get in the trade, to move up into the top 5.
The trading deadline is Nov. 5th, or roughly 1/2 through the season. I doubt that we'll be out of the running by then.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
After looking at the 2025 QB crop I don’t see the Hawks having to trade up to get a QB