Saints and 49er's Heavyweight Bout

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
94Smith":2h7ffqd1 said:
Wow, your serve Seattle... it’s just ridiculous that one of us is going to be travelling to the NFC east team

I stated a fact that we beat them (the Saints). Which helps us both. Yes it's ridiculous that somebody will have to travel with a much better record to the weak NFC East. It's not a good system or even fair. But it is what it is. Somebody will have to do it. So just go and try to win it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
So yeah, I don’t think I took a breath for 3.5 hours.

They went 2-1 through this 3 game gauntlet and if they HAD to lose a game they lost the one I would have chose. As it stands, they control their destiny, just as Seattle does.

I know there are so many hear who just refuse to give Jimmy his due, and that’s OK.

What I see is exactly what I said before the season. Jimmy will improve throughout the year as he gets more experience in the system and gets further removed from the ACL.

In his last 7 games he’s got 18 TDS and 5 INTs. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn’t suck. I ain’t saying he’s Wilson or in that league. All I’m sayin is that Just MAYBE he’s pretty good. I know. Crazy talk.

;-)

Niners absolutely needed this game to have any hope to win the division as record vs common opponents is one of the tiebreakers. Regardless tho, Niners need to win in week 17 which just seems like that’s the way it SHOULD be.

I do have a concern about injuries. They probably lost Richburg for the year today and it was him getting hurt that started the momentum shift vs Seattle. Sherman also went down with what looked like a hamstring. They won the game, but there was a cost.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3ljqz4l9 said:
94Smith":3ljqz4l9 said:
Wow, your serve Seattle... it’s just ridiculous that one of us is going to be travelling to the NFC east team

No I don't serve Seattle. I stated a fact that we beat them (the Saints). Which helps us both. Yes it's ridiculous that somebody will have to travel with a much better record to the weak NFC East. It's not a good system or even fair. But it is what it is. Somebody will have to do it. So just go and try to win it.

Uh...dude...he said YOUR SERVE SEATTLE. He wasn’t talking to you.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":10yln01h said:
Marvin49":10yln01h said:
So yeah, I don’t think I took a breath for 3.5 hours.......
Now you know what it's like to be a Hawks fan this year

Does Marvin know about the Seahawk brand Defibrillator? It has been proven to last for approximately 6 months out of the year. It lasts for about 6 years too. If there is post season play, knock off one year of eligibility for the warranty unless you have a special warranty which will cost extra. We wont know how much until we ask questions about pre-existing team commitments and how long your plan for fanship will be as well as how many games have been close this season. Previous seasons will be under review by the referees. :sarcasm_off:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":magprn1c said:
So yeah, I don’t think I took a breath for 3.5 hours.

They went 2-1 through this 3 game gauntlet and if they HAD to lose a game they lost the one I would have chose. As it stands, they control their destiny, just as Seattle does.

I know there are so many hear who just refuse to give Jimmy his due, and that’s OK.

What I see is exactly what I said before the season. Jimmy will improve throughout the year as he gets more experience in the system and gets further removed from the ACL.

In his last 7 games he’s got 18 TDS and 5 INTs. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn’t suck. I ain’t saying he’s Wilson or in that league. All I’m sayin is that Just MAYBE he’s pretty good. I know. Crazy talk.

;-)

Niners absolutely needed this game to have any hope to win the division as record vs common opponents is one of the tiebreakers. Regardless tho, Niners need to win in week 17 which just seems like that’s the way it SHOULD be.

I do have a concern about injuries. They probably lost Richburg for the year today and it was him getting hurt that started the momentum shift vs Seattle. Sherman also went down with what looked like a hamstring. They won the game, but there was a cost.

It was the toughest 3 game stretch including some very tough road games. I do agree if you had to lose one that is the right one. It's an AFC game. It has nothing to do with the NFC playoff seeding. So it's good that way. To beat the Packers and Saints head to head may come into the play in the playoff seeding. It depends. But it may. So it's the better route.

Richburg is unfortunate. They didn't scan his knee yet so I don't know the extent of the issue. You never want to see guys get hurt. Sherman should be OK. A hamstring should be OK in a few weeks. Maybe he misses 1 game or something. I don't think his is that serious.

zchurch74

Reaction score
If we win tonight we are the number one seed as of this week, correct???

xray

Reaction score
Jimmy G can actually play QB .

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
xray":s3i0jixg said:

He is actually always good. Very good. If you watch him play every week. You would have a false view of him IMO if you only watched the Seahawks game. He had Emmanuel Sanders out injured (#1 WR), George Kittle out injured (#1 TE and Pro Bowler) and both OT's hurt. No surprise he wasn't as effective in that game. What national media missed is his top 2 targets were out and his offensive line was hurt. You guys won and I won't take anything away from you. And congratulations on that.

But if your impression of him is that game I must tell you he is LIGHT YEARS BETTER than that. On a game in and game out basis.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
As we speak (write) it looks like the Pats are 'going down' to Mahomes and his crew.

If the Hawks win tonight, there will be only two teams remaining with 11-2 records, the 49er's and us.

Edited to add the Ravens

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2cnuogo1 said:
zchurch74":2cnuogo1 said:
If we win tonight we are the number one seed as of this week, correct???

Correct.

We have the tie breaker over niners and the rest is moot.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Correct. Head to head is tie breaker and they’ll play again. I believe common opponents is 3rd in line of tie breaker, so Seattle can actually afford to lose a game as long as they win the last one. If Niners win last game and both teams end with same record, 49ers would win tie breaker.

Bottom line, Seattle has more wiggle room but it will all likely ride on week 17.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":b2yl51hp said:
hawksfansinceday1":b2yl51hp said:
Marvin49":b2yl51hp said:
So yeah, I don’t think I took a breath for 3.5 hours.......
Now you know what it's like to be a Hawks fan this year

Does Marvin know about the Seahawk brand Defibrillator? It has been proven to last for approximately 6 months out of the year. It lasts for about 6 years too. If there is post season play, knock off one year of eligibility for the warranty unless you have a special warranty which will cost extra. We wont know how much until we ask questions about pre-existing team commitments and how long your plan for fanship will be as well as how many games have been close this season. Previous seasons will be under review by the referees. :sarcasm_off:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Reminds me of that Seahawk fan who made the thread about how he was quitting being a football fan for health reasons. I don't blame him. I've changed my outlook myself. I remind myself I'm just a spectator, and accept the fact that no matter what happens, it's completely disconnected from me. Helps with the anxiety.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3nt3286t said:
xray":3nt3286t said:

He is actually always good.
Get the F out of here with this crap. Nobody is "actually always good." Not Rodgers, not Peyton, not Brady, not Wilson, not anybody.

You can take your hyperbole back to the 49ers $hitzone.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32tvlu6w said:
SanDiego49er":32tvlu6w said:
xray":32tvlu6w said:

He is actually always good.
Get the F out of here with this crap. Nobody is "actually always good." Not Rodgers, not Peyton, not Brady, not Wilson, not anybody.

You can take your hyperbole back to the 49ers $hitzone.

His record is outstanding. He mostly wins when he plays. He has been playing really well. I put a lot more in my statement than the tiny 1 sentence you selectively quoted and erased the rest. Go read the full statement I posted earlier in it's full context. There is more in there than that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":13o92vgr said:
His record is outstanding. He mostly wins when he plays. He has been playing really well. I put a lot more in my statement than the tiny 1 sentence you selectively quoted and erased the rest. Go read the full statement I posted earlier in it's full context. There is more in there than that.
You can only go after someone for selective quoting when what they selectively quoted changes the context of what they said. Mine didn't.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33msu2v0 said:
SanDiego49er":33msu2v0 said:
You can only go after someone for selective quoting when what they selectively quoted changes the context of what they said. Mine didn't.

Check the full statement of the original post and what I said. There is a lot more in there than that. In it's full context I believe it makes the most sense. More than taking one thing which leaves all the other points out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1calconz said:
RolandDeschain":1calconz said:
SanDiego49er":1calconz said:

Check the full statement of the original post and what I said. There is a lot more in there than that. In it's full context I believe it makes the most sense. More than taking one thing which leaves all the other points out.
I ran your full original statement through translate.google.com/From49erSpeakToAllOtherNFLFansSpeak and it confirmed that you did mean that you thought Jimmy GQ was not only a sexual Adonis, but a QB Adonis as well.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19iascla said:
SanDiego49er":19iascla said:
RolandDeschain":19iascla said:
SanDiego49er":19iascla said:

I ran your full original statement through translate.google.com/From49erSpeakToAllOtherNFLFansSpeak and it confirmed that you did mean that you thought Jimmy GQ was not only a sexual Adonis, but a QB Adonis as well.

:lol: