Seahawks Rivals Grades on Jamal Adams trade? A from Big D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ba3cs4e said:
Sports Hernia":2ba3cs4e said:
Marvin49":2ba3cs4e said:
bigskydoc":2ba3cs4e said:
If your take on DK is that he is just a deep threat, one-trick pony, then your take on the Seahawks receiver corp is immediately suspect.

You simply haven't watched enough of their NFL action to formulate an informed opinion of their strengths, weaknesses, and utilization, at this level.

"Deep threat DK" is a holdover from his college days, and his draft profile. He has not lived down to that reputation in his NFL action to date.

Well I did restate...not just a one trick pony. I just meant that I don't think he's a great route runner and I don't think he's a great RAC guy.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong tho. I'll pay attention this year and I'll give him his due if I see it. I do have to admit my opinion of him is painted by my pre-draft opinion of him. I did watch him play, but my pre-opinion may have colored that lens a bit.
I’m going to give you the tool to educate yourself on the subject, if you chose to use said tool is up to you. If you choose to watch this, use your eyes and ears to learn about DK’s route running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjp6ZEO3HAQ

FF ahead to about the halfway point when it reviews DK’s season with Seattle.

Great video. It's just so stupid. If all someone sees is highlights of the guy streaking down the field, they just assume that's all they can do. I would never deny Metcalf as a deep threat, you just look at him an you understand why. But to suggest he can't do anything else just because he's so damn good at something is dumb.

Marv, that's like saying George Kittle isn't a good blocker because all I see are highlights of him making catches over the middle. I know that's stupid.

Who said all I did was watch highlights? Pre-draft, i watched all I could find on the guy because the 49ers were in need of a WR and it was all but a sure thing their first pick of round 2 was going to be a WR. I didn't like what I saw from him then and I can certainly admit it was in mind when I watched him to play for Seattle this year. A predisposed notion can certainly color the way you look at someone.

What I think could have really colored that view BTW is just how much I liked his teammate, AJ Brown.

The 49ers like RAC guys. No 2 ways about it (and another reason I really liked AJ). I watch guys with an eye for whether they are Scheme fits. I see a 350 LBS Mauler of the LG and know no matter how good he looks on film, if he lumbers when he moves he may not be a scheme fit in the ZBS.

I don't think it should be controversial to say that Deebo and AJ would be better fits in Shanahans offense. You guys are really taking the comment about only a deep guy way too personally. I've already restated what I meant by that.

I've already stated I'll watch him this year to see if i was way off-base. Not sure what else you want at this point.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2ju3kb31 said:
Maulbert":2ju3kb31 said:
Sports Hernia":2ju3kb31 said:
Marvin49":2ju3kb31 said:
Well I did restate...not just a one trick pony. I just meant that I don't think he's a great route runner and I don't think he's a great RAC guy.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong tho. I'll pay attention this year and I'll give him his due if I see it. I do have to admit my opinion of him is painted by my pre-draft opinion of him. I did watch him play, but my pre-opinion may have colored that lens a bit.
I’m going to give you the tool to educate yourself on the subject, if you chose to use said tool is up to you. If you choose to watch this, use your eyes and ears to learn about DK’s route running.

Great video. It's just so stupid. If all someone sees is highlights of the guy streaking down the field, they just assume that's all they can do. I would never deny Metcalf as a deep threat, you just look at him an you understand why. But to suggest he can't do anything else just because he's so damn good at something is dumb.

Marv, that's like saying George Kittle isn't a good blocker because all I see are highlights of him making catches over the middle. I know that's stupid.

Or Wilson can't throw from the Pocket.

I never said that...but I will say he scares me a lot more when he's out of the pocket. When he breaks lose and looks downfield, I don't know if there is anyone more dangerous.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":21wajsgu said:
Maulbert":21wajsgu said:
Sports Hernia":21wajsgu said:
Marvin49":21wajsgu said:

Who said all I did was watch highlights? Pre-draft, i watched all I could find on the guy because the 49ers were in need of a WR and it was all but a sure thing their first pick of round 2 was going to be a WR. I didn't like what I saw from him then and I can certainly admit it was in mind when I watched him to play for Seattle this year. A predisposed notion can certainly color the way you look at someone.

What I think could have really colored that view BTW is just how much I liked his teammate, AJ Brown.

The 49ers like RAC guys. No 2 ways about it (and another reason I really liked AJ). I watch guys with an eye for whether they are Scheme fits. I see a 350 LBS Mauler of the LG and know no matter how good he looks on film, if he lumbers when he moves he may not be a scheme fit in the ZBS.

I don't think it should be controversial to say that Deebo and AJ would be better fits in Shanahans offense. You guys are really taking the comment about only a deep guy way too personally. I've already restated what I meant by that.

I've already stated I'll watch him this year to see if i was way off-base. Not sure what else you want at this point.

Did you even WATCH the video? I don't think you need to sit there and study him. That video more than shows he's not just a deep threat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3lttmefa said:
Maulbert":3lttmefa said:
Sports Hernia":3lttmefa said:
Marvin49":3lttmefa said:

Maybe watch the video @ the halfway point? Maybe you will see things differently then you saw watching just his college tape?

You being a niner fan likely don’t watch the Seattle games as closely as this fanbase does? That’s NOT a shot FWIW.

It’s OK to admit maybe your POV wasn’t as accurate as you thought it was if you watch the video. You’re not going to get banned for saying “oops, after further review I was wrong on this or that, in fact it might help your image and some folks Here wouldn’t give you such a hard time.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3b5pl0qc said:
Marvin49":3b5pl0qc said:
Maulbert":3b5pl0qc said:
Sports Hernia":3b5pl0qc said:

Maybe watch the video @ the halfway point? Maybe you will see things differently then you saw watching just his college tape?

You being a niner fan likely don’t watch the Seattle games as closely as this fanbase does? That’s NOT a shot FWIW.

It’s OK to admit maybe your POV wasn’t as accurate as you thought it was if you watch the video. You’re not going to get banned for saying “oops, after further review I was wrong on this or that, in fact it might help your image and some folks Here wouldn’t give you such a hard time.

Also, it's not like anyone here expects him to call Metcalf a future Pro Bowler or HoFer, we just want him to admit he was undervaluing him. That's not even in the same league, let alone ballpark.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":3u4ienp8 said:
Sports Hernia":3u4ienp8 said:
Marvin49":3u4ienp8 said:
Maulbert":3u4ienp8 said:

Also, it's not like anyone here expects him to call Metcalf a future Pro Bowler or HoFer, we just want him to admit he was undervaluing him. That's not even in the same league, let alone ballpark.

Yep, that’s it. Not sure the ego will allow it, I’d like for him to prove me wrong though.

PS.
If DK stays healthy and gets rid of the crucial drops/fumbles, he’ll likely be a HOF’er IMHO.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13kn60n0 said:
Maulbert":13kn60n0 said:
Sports Hernia":13kn60n0 said:
Marvin49":13kn60n0 said:

Yep, that’s it. Not sure the ego will allow it, I’d like for him to prove me wrong though.

PS.
If DK stays healthy and gets rid of the crucial drops/fumbles, he’ll likely be a HOF’er IMHO.

Potentially? Sure. But I refuse to suggest that about anyone after 1 season. Michael Clayton had 80 catches, 1,193 yards, and 7 TDs as a rookie in 2004. He then had 143 catches, 1,762 yards, and only 3 TDs over the rest of his 8 year career.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":w5hxanb1 said:
Marvin49":w5hxanb1 said:
Maulbert":w5hxanb1 said:
Sports Hernia":w5hxanb1 said:

I'm not afraid to admit it when I'm wrong. I'm just not sure I am yet on DK, but I'm open to the possibility. I'll watch that video BTW. Just haven't been able to yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":27hmj8r6 said:
Sports Hernia":27hmj8r6 said:
Maulbert":27hmj8r6 said:
Sports Hernia":27hmj8r6 said:

PS.

Potentially? Sure. But I refuse to suggest that about anyone after 1 season. Michael Clayton had 80 catches, 1,193 yards, and 7 TDs as a rookie in 2004. He then had 143 catches, 1,762 yards, and only 3 TDs over the rest of his 8 year career.

I was gonna say....

:)

HOF is a really high bar. Still, gotta applaud the courage to put himself out there this early. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":coep9ihn said:
Sports Hernia":coep9ihn said:
Maulbert":coep9ihn said:
Sports Hernia":coep9ihn said:

PS.

Absolutely. You are correct.
That’s why I used “potentially” instead of a lock or sure thing.
He still has to improve on some things no doubt, but the raw talent to be great is there.

One of my favorite catches of his was the one in the playoffs that sealed the win with the first down, it wasn’t the easiest pass for the receiver to catch as he put where only his guy would have a chance to get it and he did.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":228y4tt5 said:
Maulbert":228y4tt5 said:
Sports Hernia":228y4tt5 said:
Maulbert":228y4tt5 said:

PS.

He still has to improve on some things no doubt, but the raw talent to be great is there.

One of my favorite catches of his was the one in the playoffs that sealed the win with the first down, it wasn’t the easiest pass for the receiver to catch as he put where only his guy would have a chance to get it and he did.

I used 'potentially', not you. You said 'likely'. :p

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2vnnyfp3 said:
Sports Hernia":2vnnyfp3 said:
Maulbert":2vnnyfp3 said:
Sports Hernia":2vnnyfp3 said:

PS.

I used 'potentially', not you. You said 'likely'. :p
:oops:

Note to self: Fire the proofreader.

chrispy

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how the perceived value of Safety ,stemming from the Jamal Adams trade, relates to Earl Thomas as a free agent. Yes, different situation, but if there were other teams in the mix for Adams, there may be a bigger market for Thomas than one would expect given his circumstances. I've read both that the Cowboys are expected to sign him and that they have no interest. Also, read that the Texans have no interest but that DeShaun Watson is a friend and advocate. ... and of course, if the Jets could make it work, they'd look pretty smart... which doesn't happen very often...

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
Funny how this turned from a Jamal Adams thread to a DK Metcalf thread.

Can't wait to see Adams against Dak and the Girls. Maybe he'll earn the name Jamal SackOrPick?