Seahawks should have taken the bears picks....

John63

Reaction score
NY Hawk":1ckirq6f said:
I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.

well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2iy0dc6v said:
NY Hawk":2iy0dc6v said:
I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.

3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.

You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1htx5pjd said:
I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.
We've just been through this with a couple of players. No way we want to risk it at a position as key (and expensive) as QB.

:141847_bnono:

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1o5wf2vj said:
John63":1o5wf2vj said:
NY Hawk":1o5wf2vj said:

You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2uuyhjvr said:
chris98251":2uuyhjvr said:
John63":2uuyhjvr said:
NY Hawk":2uuyhjvr said:

I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

LOL pot kettle!!!

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NY Hawk":3e4c7k4r said:
"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.

It's a bit of a ludicrous justification, yes. But the point stands - if Russell truly wanted out, he would have forced his way out. Since he's not forcing his way out, I don't think it'd make sense to enter a rebuild with a fairly poor compensation package for a top-5 quarterback.

John63

Reaction score
NY Hawk":314m76jt said:

NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.

OP
OP
N

NY Hawk

Reaction score
John63":2kial21s said:
NY Hawk":2kial21s said:

NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.
So Automatically in your brain it was the agent and not RW. You just proved my point. I'm not a hater at all, I'm just real about mine. You on the other hand will make up an excuse at the drop of a hat for Wilson. He's the best QB this team has ever had hands down. I've always said that. But when you're wrong you're wrong and RW was dead wrong for naming other teams he would play for. HE THREW A PICK SIX IN THE PLAYOFFS. And had the nerve to complain about the team.
Why couldn't he just say I think we need some help at this spot or that spot? If you want out just say it as I stated at the top of this post. And even after all that has gone down with Watson I'm still taking him in a trade if it came down to it. And keeping even more real this team would have back to back SB if RW wasn't thinking about himself and changed the call in the huddle. Oooh but noooo I'm gonna thow this pick at the one so the Seahawks can have the worst call in the history of SB's. Please....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NY Hawk":3khtllh6 said:
John63":3khtllh6 said:
NY Hawk":3khtllh6 said:

So Automatically in your brain it was the agent and not RW. You just proved my point. I'm not a hater at all, I'm just real about mine. You on the other hand will make up an excuse at the drop of a hat for Wilson. He's the best QB this team has ever had hands down. I've always said that. But when you're wrong you're wrong and RW was dead wrong for naming other teams he would play for. HE THREW A PICK SIX IN THE PLAYOFFS. And had the nerve to complain about the team.
Why couldn't he just say I think we need some help at this spot or that spot? If you want out just say it as I stated at the top of this post. And even after all that has gone down with Watson I'm still taking him in a trade if it came down to it. And keeping even more real this team would have back to back SB if RW wasn't thinking about himself and changed the call in the huddle. Oooh but noooo I'm gonna thow this pick at the one so the Seahawks can have the worst call in the history of SB's. Please....

You could always go root for Watson if you think his values align better with your own.

toffee

Reaction score
NY Hawk":wdorq7k3 said:
John63":wdorq7k3 said:
NY Hawk":wdorq7k3 said:

Just for a second think: if an agent made commitment without the OK from his client, he could be fired for such action, millions of revenue gone and reputation damaged. Only people void of thoughts could come up with excuses like this one.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the agent listing 4 teams was done with Russell's explicit input. It's plain as day. He's on top of his brand, and there's absolutely no way that a professional agent would just fabricate that.

That being said, it still would've been dumb to accept a subpar offer that doesn't replace a franchise quarterback, especially for a perennial 10 win team.

It'd be even dumber to trade him away for Harvey Weinstein Jr. (Deshaun Watson).

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":dvpugyns said:
I think we can all agree that the agent listing 4 teams was done with Russell's explicit input. It's plain as day. He's on top of his brand, and there's absolutely no way that a professional agent would just fabricate that.

That being said, it still would've been dumb to accept a subpar offer that doesn't replace a franchise quarterback, especially for a perennial 10 win team.

It'd be even dumber to trade him away for Harvey Weinstein Jr. (Deshaun Watson).
Sorry, not all of us agreed that the agent received Wilson's approval before naming those four teams. Some genius on dot net truly loved to say the agent did it without Wilson's ok.

John63

Reaction score
Msfann":3i3tsopy said:
I would have only traded wilson for a teams entire draft for 10 years. And we know that's not even possible.

Yeah with that many picks even we should be able to get something good.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
John63":1qm6djyq said:
3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing.

This is such a red herring argument. You make it sound like Carroll has had years and years in the NFL prior to leading the Hawks. He spent 3 years in New England and 1 with the Jets. Out of that, only one year did the Quarterback (Bledsoe in 1999) place in the top 5 of sacks. Two seasons in top 10, 2 seasons in the bottom half. Both those lower seasons were with Bledsoe.

While there is some fault with line play and scheme, Wilson also takes the blame for some of his sacks by holding on too long and not being willing to throw it away.

John63

Reaction score
OKHawksfan":2cap80tc said:
John63":2cap80tc said:
3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing.

This is such a red herring argument. You make it sound like Carroll has had years and years in the NFL prior to leading the Hawks. He spent 3 years in New England and 1 with the Jets. Out of that, only one year did the Quarterback (Bledsoe in 1999) place in the top 5 of sacks. Two seasons in top 10, 2 seasons in the bottom half. Both those lower seasons were with Bledsoe.

While there is some fault with line play and scheme, Wilson also takes the blame for some of his sacks by holding on too long and not being willing to throw it away.

Red herring,So it was with Bledsoe does not change the facts. Maybe PC should have come up with a scheme or an oline that can block or let Bledsoe get the ball out quicker. The fact still remains every year PC has been in the league which is now 15 his QBs have been amongst the top most hit, hurried, sacked and pressured QBs in the league. All those Qbs except Wilson played under other coaches were they were not amongst the most hit, hurried, sacked, and pressured QBs in the league. Try as you might to explain away these facts, you really cant.

ahh Wilson did say we need to get better, and he needs to get better so guess what that is called taking responsibility., PFF did a study and out of the sacks from last year about 12-15 they said were on Wilson. Guess what remove them, and he was still top 5 in sacks and also they said he saved at least 40 sacks.

So lets see 5 different QBs all end up being amongst the tops in hits, hurries, sacks and pressure. With 4 of them having histories under other coaches were they were not amongst the tops, The common denominator PC and his system.

That aside it is interesting how some here are not even willing to entertain the fact that at least part if not most of this issue is PC and his system but are more than willing to throw the QB, and oline under the bus.

Now does Wilson hold, the ball longer than he should some times...yes. Sometimes there is a reason like down and distance, nos he needs to take what's there and not hold for something bigger. I also have no problem admitting sometime he has to hold the ball so the play can develop. Makes no sense throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 20 give we are not a very good YAC team.

This said I also see how PCs system and lack of really addressing the oline has also been a huge reason for this issue, and PCs history in the NFl shows that to be true.