Seahawks sign TE Gerald Everett from Rams

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I seriously don't understand the negative posts. 1 year $6 mil. Russell is better than Goff. Maybe he'll shine in our system.

Jville

Reaction score
On a side note ....................

I'm curious about tight end Tyler Mabry. I'm thinking the Shane Waldron hire boosted Tyler's prospects for 2021. He can line up in multiple positions and he can block. The Waldron hire should make Mabry all round ability a good fit in the new offense. But of course he'll have to compete to prove it.

............... I'm anticipating a good start to the new Waldron era.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Mizak":1tgh111r said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372330800256024586

Mind as well go after Todd Gurley.

Next sound you hear....

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wwfz9gzm said:
Would rather see that go to an oline or de..guess Dissly and Parkinson are just guys...swing and a miss picks

Parkinson? He barely played last year. Let's actually see him in action before labeling him a missed pick.

getnasty

Reaction score
I love the signing. Huge potential playing with an elite QB in another contract year. Very athletic dude that Waldon knows and coveted.

John63

Reaction score
getnasty":20pjmas2 said:
I love the signing. Huge potential playing with an elite QB in another contract year. Very athletic dude that Waldon knows and coveted.

Bingo

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":fsy6ln3j said:
Cyrus12":fsy6ln3j said:
Would rather see that go to an oline or de..guess Dissly and Parkinson are just guys...swing and a miss picks

Parkinson? He barely played last year. Let's actually see him in action before labeling him a missed pick.

People continuing to expect waaaay too much from mid-round picks.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Ehh we talked about this before. I saw him coming here, so did others. It's cool. Not sure we needed it. We've always been good at plugging in te we had for cheap but since we had Jimmy we try to force te's in this offense. I thought we would be ok with dissly, Parkinson and bring back Hollister. It's cool though. Everett will be nice. Has a bit of the dropsies, but he could do well here.

We could have used that money toward more oline.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hate the pick. Strapped for cash and they throw 6 million at a guy who had 400 yards receiving and 1 TD last season. I'm sure Waldron vouched for him because they are buddies or something, but come on. Cant say its unexpected though, Seattle does this every year. Greg Olson part 2 coming up.

rsRyno

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2t26y71v said:
Hate the pick. Strapped for cash and they throw 6 million at a guy who had 400 yards receiving and 1 TD last season. I'm sure Waldron vouched for him because they are buddies or something, but come on. Cant say its unexpected though, Seattle does this every year. Greg Olson part 2 coming up.
My hope is that he can come here and do better when he’s not behind Higbee, Woods, and Kupp for targets. Here he’ll have to compete with Lockett and DK, and those are longer yardage threats rather than short yardage guys like Kupp and Higbee. Also, Everett averaged the 4th most yards after catch among all TE’s. That’s something we’ve sorely lacked.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am so tired of short term deals

We are in the cap issue with so many FA players because we have been signing short term deals

Very few long term solid players have been signed as FA by Hawks and we have no draft picks.

So next year back in the same boat with no TE

Own The West

Reaction score
lol @ the gnashing of teeth because we signed someone by the same people gnashing their teeth because we didn't sign someone. :roll:

Nice that the OC gets a player that knows and fits his system.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

balakoth

Reaction score
I love when our fans come on here posting base stats using that as a whole picture..

ROFL

Teahawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3rxix84x said:
Everett is a direct upgrade to Hollister. We could see Hollister dealt for some late draft capital from the 5th to 7th, which in addition to the performance upgrade would further justify the salary.

He's a free agent already I think.

Hollister was a sub par player, this is a good upgrade. Now you have an inline blocker in Dissly, a flex tight end in Everett, and a wild card in Parkinson.

I like the signing. It's a prove it deal and someone who knows the system. I don't care if he only had 400 yards a year, he wasn't the focal point there with Kupp and Woods. He won't be here either. 6m is a little bit high but I would rather have him than a 2m guy like Hollister that shouldn't be out there in the first place.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Teahawks":27lxttlk said:
Maelstrom787":27lxttlk said:

He's a free agent already I think.

Hollister was a sub par player, this is a good upgrade. Now you have an inline blocker in Dissly, a flex tight end in Everett, and a wild card in Parkinson.

I like the signing. It's a prove it deal and someone who knows the system. I don't care if he only had 400 yards a year, he wasn't the focal point there with Kupp and Woods. He won't be here either. 6m is a little bit high but I would rather have him than a 2m guy like Hollister that shouldn't be out there in the first place.

You're right. Proceed to ignore me, lol. No idea why I thought he was under contract.

Regardless, I do enjoy the signing. He knows the coordinator, has great yard after catch ability, and should provide a reliable target for Russ in an offense that figures to utilize tight ends more effectively and more often.

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont mind this pickup but should be after Dunlap or Clowney signing.