Seahawks sign TE Gerald Everett from Rams

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2paulzwp said:
toffee":2paulzwp said:
Jville":2paulzwp said:
toffee":2paulzwp said:
Wouldnt 6'3' ,240 be undersized ?

It's good size. Especially for a movement tight end. Tyler Mabry, who signed a futures contract, is listed at 6"3" 247lb. A good movement tight end is what this new offense requires.

Our historically best small tight end was John Sawyer. He was listed at 6'-2" and 230lbs toward the end of his career in various archives. But he was actually 6' and maybe something approaching an inch and 215 lbs. He was a match up problem for opponent coverages. During his most effective seasons it was said his weight would slip to 205 lbs during games.
He is almost the same size as DK,

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Very true. John Sawyer's career spanned from 1975-84. The game was much different than it is now.

That in no way diminishes his accomplishments. He was an 11th round pick in the 1975. Which pretty much would be an UDFA nowadays. Even so, he had a 10 year career in the NFL.
Diminish? No, it made his achievement more remarkable.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/lightningstrk12/status/1372388430265511939[/tweet]

"He's got aggressive hands, and he can seem to always find a way to get open versus tight man-to-man coverage," Waldron said. "Then his ability once the ball's in his hand to make the first guy miss or break that first tackle has been something he's consistently been able to put on display since college and right on through at the NFL level. So it's a big asset as far as his ability to aggressively go attack the ball and then make something happen with it once it's in his hands." >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-te-gerald-everett[/urltargetblank]

Given that Everett didn't play football until his senior year in high school, it's note worthy how far he has come. At 26 years young, he has now entered his prime time. Looking forward to seeing him on the field with Carson and Wilson.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Cool, hope it works out seems like another weapon for the kitchen. I was getting bummed out by the signing by scanning through this thread, then I invested a little bit of time for unpaid research and am now happy about the signing. He is an athletic, strong and confident move tight end who will block.

This signing just makes me more bummed about Josh Gordon's inability to lay off the weed .. having 3 athletic move tight ends like Metcalf, Gordon and Everett would have been great for the kitchen but it is what it is.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2bqf44fi said:
Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.

Take? The Rams were not planning to re-sign him, so he was going somewhere else.

And, he's great. He'll be a good addition to your team, one of my favorite players.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":388v2kmh said:
Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.
Two of their coaches, actually. Wish we could add a defensive coach as well and make them have to overhaul their system because a division rival has their playbook.

sutz

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":14nu0pzh said:
Northwest Seahawk":14nu0pzh said:
Two of their coaches, actually. Wish we could add a defensive coach as well and make them have to overhaul their system because a division rival has their playbook.
Of course the down side is that the Rams now have our new playbook, too. :twisted: