Seattle Dragons @ DC Defenders Game 1 thread

notyou

Reaction score
Are they not allowed to kick through the endzone on kick offs?

notyou

Reaction score
I didn't see all the kick offs, but it looked like they never kicked deeper than the 10yrd line.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1udgz11c said:
I didn't get to see the game, but I did catch a highlight version on espn. That's a good thing. If they keep up the coverage the audience will grow.
Anyone know what happened to Ferguson?
He’s on the Dallas XFL team. They play tomorrow.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My apologies to everyone who has participated in this thread..I haven't read through all the posts...Just thought I would add my thoughts (without the contamination of other's takes) real quick...

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of play! Was thinking it would be an obvious step down from the NFL but I did not see that this past weekend. As I told my friends, I saw more VICIOUS hits this weekend in a few games than I think I saw in MANY NFL games this past season.

The talent was right there, IMO. You can tell every player is trying to showcase themselves, which makes for a better quality product on the field. Not a big fan of all the interviews right in a player's face right after a big play...The access to the sidelines and halftime is unique and kind of cool...LOVE the 1, 2 or 3 point options for teams after scoring a TD. Love the fact that there is no extra point kicker. I think that needs to go away in the NFL.

Also intrigued with the kickoff concept. Something that could be the future of the NFL.

Overall, I was definitely shocked by how impressed I was overall. I expected fluff and lack of substance but I was pleasantly surprised. The XFL has a legit shot of being a valid professional football sport we can enjoy during the NFL's offseason.

Go Dragons!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":eziigfpx said:
My apologies to everyone who has participated in this thread..I haven't read through all the posts...Just thought I would add my thoughts (without the contamination of other's takes) real quick...

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of play! Was thinking it would be an obvious step down from the NFL but I did not see that this past weekend. As I told my friends, I saw more VICIOUS hits this weekend in a few games than I think I saw in MANY NFL games this past season.

The talent was right there, IMO. You can tell every player is trying to showcase themselves, which makes for a better quality product on the field. Not a big fan of all the interviews right in a player's face right after a big play...The access to the sidelines and halftime is unique and kind of cool...LOVE the 1, 2 or 3 point options for teams after scoring a TD. Love the fact that there is no extra point kicker. I think that needs to go away in the NFL.

Also intrigued with the kickoff concept. Something that could be the future of the NFL.

Overall, I was definitely shocked by how impressed I was overall. I expected fluff and lack of substance but I was pleasantly surprised. The XFL has a legit shot of being a valid professional football sport we can enjoy during the NFL's offseason.

Go Dragons!
Pretty much sums up what I think.
As long as “Vinnie” keeps his hands off the product and lets Oliver Luck run the league, it betters the chance for long term league survival. If Vince starts putting his fingerprints onto the league it will turn into the cartoon that XFL 1.0 was.
FWIW I think Vince will stay hands off, he didn’t become rich by being stupid and not learning from past mistakes.

It felt like real football, thought overall it was well officiated and not a flagfesf like the NFL has become.