Seattle@Green Bay

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
With the controversial end to the game last year, I was just curious how everyone felt regarding this matchup. Albeit the preseason, it is the 3rd game which is considered the closest to regular season of all of them. I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty competitive game, and that the starters will be going all out. Not that anyone on our team has been holding back thus far.

Here's to an injury free, controversy free game!

Go Hawks!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet both teams have long since moved on from the "Fail Mary". And I'm willing to be the Packers fan base has not.

This will be a good test for us...road game in a hostile environment against a premier offense.

P.S. It was funny at the Broncos game last week when they were showing 2012 season highlights and when they showed that play lots of Hawks fans held their arms up to indicate "Touchdown!", lol.

OP
OP
Rose City Hawk

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rsuhtyu said:
I'm willing to bet both teams have long since moved on from the "Fail Mary". And I'm willing to be the Packers fan base has not.

This will be a good test for us...road game in a hostile environment against a premier offense.

P.S. It was funny at the Broncos game last week when they were showing 2012 season highlights and when they showed that play lots of Hawks fans held their arms up to indicate "Touchdown!", lol.

Excellent, I didn't catch that, but thanks for the grin.

Atradees

Reaction score
I am jazzed because Aaron Rodgers is a competitor. To bad their twelveth man is weak. Hee hee

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Although I fully desire (and expect) a Seahawks victory Friday, can you IMAGINE how crazy it would be if we are down 6 or less with half the field to go and :02 on the clock?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would seriously LMAO if Tjack hit a bomb to Stephen Williams in that situation.

seatownboy

Reaction score
This isn't going to be a fair this week because our best offensive weapon Lynch will get maybe 3 carries at best. Turbo is good but he does not come close to getting yards after first contact. I don't see many posts comparing last weeks game against Denver with Turbin vs Lynch. A couple of those short yardage fails would have been completed with lynch in.

The offense will look a hole lot different with lynch picking up those extra 2-3 yards that Turbin doesn't get. We wont get to see that part of the offense this Friday, but we will get to see the best part of green bays offense. As Aaron Rodgers is going to play 3 quarters but our star running back isn't.

I like turbin this isn't a post trying to bash him but he is no where near as productive as Lynch.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
seatownboy":l31v98vn said:
This isn't going to be a fair this week because our best offensive weapon Lynch will get maybe 3 carries at best. Turbo is good but he does not come close to getting yards after first contact. I don't see many posts comparing last weeks game against Denver with Turbin vs Lynch. A couple of those short yardage fails would have been completed with lynch in.

The offense will look a hole lot different with lynch picking up those extra 2-3 yards that Turbin doesn't get. We wont get to see that part of the offense this Friday, but we will get to see the best part of green bays offense. As Aaron Rodgers is going to play 3 quarters but our star running back isn't.

I like turbin this isn't a post trying to bash him but he is no where near as productive as Lynch.

I imagine Christine Michael and Spencer Ware will see their fair share of carries on Friday. Michael looks like the real deal and I wouldn't worry too much about short yardage with him or Ware in there.

Back to the topic of the post though: Golden Tate said that if he scores he WON'T do a Lambeau leap because he's afraid he'll get stabbed or something, and has also indicated that his twitter has been insane this week with crap from Packer's fans. MD Jennings signed a copy of the picture with the word "Robbed" and Charles Woodson sent him a bottle of wine after the fact as well.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Here is a gif I made earlier today especially for Packers fans.

ideNCaOUpSESK.gif

The Radish

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ij2qpst said:

Sorry Greg I disagree completely.

I'd wager Aaron Rogers and his group are still whiney and pissed like they were last year and acted like grade school kids about it. It took a call from their GM at home to tell them to shut up, stop acting like hoodlums, get out there and take the kickoff.

I would go even further to say that probably most of the fans took it way better than their team did. Green Bay was my first love in the NFL starting in the late 50s but I started to hate them after the Superb Owl they won with Farve because they became over bearing assholes convinced they were the answer to the worlds problems.

The fanbase will be in full voice as all fan bases are against the Seahawks not just because of that play but because all fanbases are trying to convince themselves they have the loudest stadium.

The broadcasting groups will do all they can to make it a big deal. But kids,,,,,its still just a pre-season game.

:les:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I have this sneaking suspicion that our guys will have a little extra amperage flowing for this game... I'm sure they're all tired of hearing about it in the media, twittersphere, etc. and will go in with a "It's time to STF" attitude. You think the cheese head players and fans are still whining about GT's catch now... wait 'till we hear the whining start on Saturday after they get their asses run over on their home turf and the complaining starts about the Hawks going too hard in a pre-season game, and "they were hurting our players" and "they game planned" and "They're cheaters" and... and... and... "It's just no fare..."

NYCoug

Reaction score
60niners":27cawgd2 said:
Even the players are taking this game personal!

http://profootballmock.com/iphone-text/ ... ll-wilson/

That was pretty funny. I had to send that to my buddy who's a big Packers fan. This part was probably my favorite...

"You think it’s possible that I’m subconsciously jealous of him because he’s only in his 2nd season, and is playing for a team that could dominate the NFC for the next decade, while I’m an 8th year veteran with 4, maybe 5 good years left playing for a team with no defense or running game?" - Aaron Rodgers

That's pretty hilarious, and true, if you ask me.

grizbob

Reaction score
OK I'll put this here, for those that don't know, the game is being broadcast live on CBS, at least in Utah that is :th2thumbs:

wrenches59864

Reaction score
I don't see our running attack having any trouble with the Pack's paper bag defense. Seems that you pretty muchly can pick or choose how to beat up on them, can't wait to see how long they keep Rodgers in if he starts to have to run for his life like in the first half last year.

Rodgers

Reaction score
I can't speak for the entire fanbase or the team but I'm pretty sure everyone has put it behind them. Funny how Seahawks fans still chirp on and on about it though.
Really think this is the perfect game to set up for the regular season. Hoping no injuries obviously. I'm personally excited to see how Lacy does against the Seattle D.
BTW, that whole Rodgers/Wilson exchange was childish and stupid. That's clever to write as though you're a player and act like an azz?
Rodgers is highly paid - playing for the most storied franchise in the NFL and he's envious of Wilson? Puhhhleeezzze.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Rodgers":1u2q93xl said:
I can't speak for the entire fanbase or the team but I'm pretty sure everyone has put it behind them. Funny how Seahawks fans still chirp on and on about it though.
Really think this is the perfect game to set up for the regular season. Hoping no injuries obviously. I'm personally excited to see how Lacy does against the Seattle D.
BTW, that whole Rodgers/Wilson exchange was childish and stupid. That's clever to write as though you're a player and act like an azz?
Rodgers is highly paid - playing for the most storied franchise in the NFL and he's envious of Wilson? Puhhhleeezzze.

If he's not envious, why did he log on to Seahawks.net to tell us he's not envious? I smell a fake.

Latest posts