Seattle Kraken Hockey

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qw82wkm said:
They are handling this thing badly IMHO.
They should have had this decided in time to have team merchandise available before last Christmas.
Yeah I was just coming in to post the same thing. They've blown a ton of money in swag sales by not deciding on a name and then having a bunch of stuff made and available for sale. All I can figure out is that they don't want to oversaturate the market but it seems like a poor choice to me. Well either that or it's being poorly run from a business standpoint.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3tnaz3e4 said:
Sports Hernia":3tnaz3e4 said:
They are handling this thing badly IMHO.
They should have had this decided in time to have team merchandise available before last Christmas.
Yeah I was just coming in to post the same thing. They've blown a ton of money in swag sales by not deciding on a name and then having a bunch of stuff made and available for sale. All I can figurey out is that they don't want to oversaturate the market but it seems like a poor choice to me. Well either that or it's being poorly run from a business standpoint.

I hope they are farther ahead then they are letting on in the process.
I hope the supply chain is ready as this stuff will be flying off the shelf from the start.

I hope their suppliers don’t pull a “Nike”. I couldn’t get a Russell Wilson until December of Russ’ rookie year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well this is Seattle and pretty much everything from Norm Rice on has been a cluster in this City.

Watch the City Council jump in and want to change the whole process at the last minute.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The new name..The"Seattle Pucks" :179419:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2x0eemrx said:
Well this is Seattle and pretty much everything from Norm Rice on has been a cluster in this City.

Watch the City Council jump in and want to change the whole process at the last minute.
Fortunately, the Seattle CC has no say in this. Whatever this NHL group has done they’ve pleased the CC.

Somehow Chris Hanson’s group couldn’t do anything right in their eyes. ....which leads to them being in bed with the Port of Seattle which covets the land that Chris Hanson owns to build his arena. If Hanson builds an arena there, there is 0% the port gets that land.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":64z04aw4 said:
chris98251":64z04aw4 said:

Fortunately, the Seattle CC has no say in this. Whatever this NHL group has done they’ve pleased the CC.

Somehow Chris Hanson’s group couldn’t do anything right in their eyes. ....which leads to them being in bed with the Port of Seattle which covets the land that Chris Hanson owns to build his arena. If Hanson builds an arena there, there is 0% the port gets that land.

Lets wait and see how they make this a bigger mess, I have confidence in them, whether it is the CC, the Mayor, the Bleeding hearts that will say there isn't enough LGBQT representation on the team or some damn thing.

Or want to make the team name the Seattle Queens representing the Queen Anne area. :)

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If this doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

[youtube]BQpgIJUh9D4[/youtube]

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle Sawyers check Jersey with suspinders, green and black. Paint chain saw teeth on their sticks. Make their skates to look like cork boots and a red hankerchief in they back pocket. Why ? Anybody pulls it and the fights ON!

Pants black at home and lime green for away games.

When we hit the ice or a goal is scored, record a chainsaw over reving just as it throws a chain.

Now how much more awesome can anybody make a team. Keyboard drop! :beach: :beach: :beach:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3dd76v0s said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PatrickQuinnTV/status/1230710652240449537[/tweet]
Grrrrrrrrr!
Tired of the waiting game and word games. I’m “all in” on the NHL Seattle team.
But this delay and wait game is a bad look, and irritating as hell.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uuhnl67 said:
KitsapGuy":3uuhnl67 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PatrickQuinnTV/status/1230710652240449537[/tweet]
Grrrrrrrrr!
Tired of the waiting game and word games. I’m “all in” on the NHL Seattle team.
But this delay and wait game is a bad look, and irritating as hell.
Pretty much at the point of not giving a crap any more.

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok TODD its been a mounth now, wheres my team??? Chump Youd better call them the "Sawyers" and not any of those stinky fish names.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5xzee0o4 said:
I don’t think you’ll hear anything until this Virus thing calms down.

At this rate them may call them The Seattle Covid 19.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/status/1241462516363849728[/tweet]

According to Greg Wyshynski of ESPN.com, the NHL Seattle franchise has said that even with the state of Washington in a “social distancing” period to try and limit the impact and spread of the coronavirus, the announcement of Seattle’s next professional franchise’s name could still happen in the near future as long as the team gets through various legal hoops.

“The team told ESPN that it is still going through the name and logo trademarking process with the NHL, ensuring that it won’t have the same obstacles the Vegas expansion team did in trying to secure exclusivity on ‘Golden Knights,'” Wyshynski said in his story. “There was no date determined to reveal the name, logo and colors for the team before the global outbreak, nor was there a public event scheduled for the reveal.”

Wyshynski got a statement from NHL Seattle’s vice president of corporate communications Katie Townsend, who said that there’s a chance that the coronavirus won’t have any impact on the team unveiling the name.

“In theory, coronavirus will not delay our name and will not affect it, but we’re in unprecedented times. So I can’t say that as soon as the legal process is wrapped up that we’ll go with the name,” said Townsend. “We’re working as hard as we can. We know how badly our fans want it.”

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Almost May and nothing..... I'm starting to think whatever name they've picked, isnt working out.

it is still going through the name and logo trademarking process with the NHL, ensuring that it won’t have the same obstacles the Vegas expansion team did in trying to secure exclusivity on...

as the legal process is wrapped up...

We’re working as hard as we can...

They have a problem. :Dunno: