Seattle Kraken Hockey

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1sdcg4ww said:
Almost May and nothing..... I'm starting to think whatever name they've picked, isnt working out.

it is still going through the name and logo trademarking process with the NHL, ensuring that it won’t have the same obstacles the Vegas expansion team did in trying to secure exclusivity on...

as the legal process is wrapped up...

We’re working as hard as we can...

They have a problem. :Dunno:
I think they already know what the name, color, and logos will be.
They don’t want to reveal it now because of covid-19, because they think it will be insensitive to the epidemic at hand.

They screwed themselves by procrastinating so long.
Like I’ve said they should have announced the name in November and had the teams swag available by Christmas,
They cost themselves a lot of $$$ by procrastinating.

PS. Another name: The Seattle Virus....... No??? 8)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I agree, I think they have a name picked out, for sure. But in going through the legal process of trademarking it..... they've hit a snag. Something isnt working, or someone isnt cooperating. My guess anyway. The covid19 thing is an excuse, a smoke screen.

I think people are so starved for sports, doing the announcement now would be HUGE!! Everyone would tune in.

/tin foil hate removed

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":r4wzjq10 said:
I agree, I think they have a name picked out, for sure. But in going through the legal process of trademarking it..... they've hit a snag. Something isnt working, or someone isnt cooperating. My guess anyway. The covid19 thing is an excuse, a smoke screen.

I think people are so starved for sports, doing the announcement now would be HUGE!! Everyone would tune in.

/tin foil hate removed
I agree, now would be a great time to announce team name, colors, logos, jerseys.
Look at the ratings of the NFL draft, people are starving for anything sports right now.
We need the distraction.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kjg7rbx said:
twisted_steel2":3kjg7rbx said:

/tin foil hate removed
I agree, now would be a great time to announce team name, colors, logos, jerseys.
Look at the ratings of the NFL draft, people are starving for anything sports right now.
We need the distraction.

Yeah but this is Seattle and we know that common sense means nothing here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":25mf9r4g said:
Sports Hernia":25mf9r4g said:
twisted_steel2":25mf9r4g said:

/tin foil hate removed
We need the distraction.

Yeah but this is Seattle and we know that common sense means nothing here.
Good point!
Knowing the Seattle city council they probably told them to hold off until this virus thing blows over.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
June will turn into September.
Remember this was supposed to be done by March or early April at the latest.
Very frustrated with their “process”.

Ruminator

Reaction score
So with this announcement, I can't imagine NHL Seattle revealing the team's name and colors any later than July, but who knows:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1271107002526203905[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NHLPA/status/1271101875614560257[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1271098920425459714[/tweet]

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle Monster Wafflers : heads stuck to far up there own ares to realize what stupid names they have choosen.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m already starting to hate this team and they haven’t even dropped the puck yet.
What were they doing in the 6 months before COVID hit?

Chawker

Reaction score
I read a artical this morning, and now they have pushed back the official announcement to this fall. WOW how am I not surprise. I'm starting to really hate this team of losers. They will be the laughing stock of the NHL.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Its the trademark thing, I knew it. The other stuff, protests, and covid, they're just throwing that on the pile as more excuses.

Whatever name they want, someone out there is making it real difficult to use.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Chawker":1x7pa7j8 said:
I read a artical this morning, and now they have pushed back the official announcement to this fall. WOW how am I not surprise. I'm starting to really hate this team of losers. They will be the laughing stock of the NHL.
The nhl is a joke...you will learn this soon enough.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3sgupjan said:
Chawker":3sgupjan said:

Can't be worse then the Mariners, we have experience here ya know.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":c3tztppq said:
Chawker":c3tztppq said:
The NBA is worse! &%#$ the NBA!

Chawker

Reaction score
Yah, the douchebags probably sold the team to San Antonio or Pasco. Friggin knucklehead. Go hide some more.
There hiding because there name SUCKS!