Seattle Kraken Hockey

Bobblehead

Reaction score
BlueThunder":cmgqndns said:
Bobblehead":cmgqndns said:
LOL.. ok ok.

Hey, one of the fiercest most respected group of fighters in WW2 used the little edelweiss as their emblem.. no one ever teased them about it.

Yeah, they were baddasses... but we'd be teased about that nowadays... lol... I just want something baddass.

No big bud. I appreciate the vids you've sent me over the years! I'm just givin' ya shit! heh heh

No worries.. I know how it could be taken .. especially here.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Bobblehead":42qgrnkd said:
BlueThunder":42qgrnkd said:
Bobblehead":42qgrnkd said:
LOL.. ok ok.

Hey, one of the fiercest most respected group of fighters in WW2 used the little edelweiss as their emblem.. no one ever teased them about it.

Yeah, they were baddasses... but we'd be teased about that nowadays... lol... I just want something baddass.

No big bud. I appreciate the vids you've sent me over the years! I'm just givin' ya shit! heh heh

No worries.. I know how it could be taken .. especially here.

Yep, I know what ya mean, but me and you, always cool buddy. KRAKEN! lol

chris98251

Reaction score
Well I think of the much feared Dolphin Logo and team when I hear Sockeyes, then the Mets first team is New York, we would always be second fiddle. Pilots are you kidding me, they have a failed legacy, Emeralds ummm going to OZ anyone? Rainier's is already taken and then there is the Beer name where you would have to get rights to as well as the AAA team releasing it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2sfyj0ck said:
Well I think of the much feared Dolphin Logo and team when I hear Sockeyes, then the Mets first team is New York, we would always be second fiddle. Pilots are you kidding me, they have a failed legacy, Emeralds ummm going to OZ anyone? Rainier's is already taken and then there is the Beer name where you would have to get rights to as well as the AAA team releasing it.

I still like Rainiers

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2p1f1we1 said:
chris98251":2p1f1we1 said:

I still like Rainiers

Name is already taken buddy. That's what everybody would say. Tacoma Rainiers, Minor league baseball club. Off the table IMO. I want something original. I'd vote Totems third over my first two, Kraken and Sockeyes. That would be pretty much what I expect, lame-ass safe name. *sigh* Weak. C'mon man... Just do the damn Kraken. Be off the wall and original. For a change.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well as long as the Council isn't involved , if they were they could be the Seattle Queen Anne's.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
BlueThunder":b22ygekq said:
Sox-n-Hawks":b22ygekq said:
chris98251":b22ygekq said:

I still like Rainiers

Name is already taken buddy. That's what everybody would say. Tacoma Rainiers, Minor league baseball club. Off the table IMO. I want something original. I'd vote Totems third over my first two, Kraken and Sockeyes. That would be pretty much what I expect, lame-ass safe name. *sigh* Weak. C'mon man... Just do the damn Kraken. Be off the wall and original. For a change.

Dude, minor league baseball teams don’t count. Or we’d erase a ton of pro mascots. Just sayin’

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2ro53vpx said:
Dude, minor league baseball teams don’t count. Or we’d erase a ton of pro mascots. Just sayin’

Well, I'd always hear "Hey, the Rainier's are playing this weekend! And I'd say "Baseball or Hockey?". Let's not go through that shit. And we won't, 'cause that's not gonna happen. I bet they do something stupid like "Totems", or lamer yet, the "Metropolitan's". Damnit. I'd lay my money on corporate A-holes going with whatever is "safe and comfy". ARGHHHH!!!! Let's go off the grid for a change and do something edgy. The league would adapt instantly to Kracken and nobody would think it sounded strange after a game or two. Well, IMO anyways.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
BlueThunder":s0kxfgec said:
Sox-n-Hawks":s0kxfgec said:

Well, I'd always hear "Hey, the Rainier's are playing this weekend! And I'd say "Baseball or Hockey?". Let's not go through that shit. And we won't, 'cause that's not gonna happen. I bet they do something stupid like "Totems", or lamer yet, the "Metropolitan's". Damnit. I'd lay my money on corporate A-holes going with whatever is "safe and comfy". ARGHHHH!!!! Let's go off the grid for a change and do something edgy. The league would adapt instantly to Kracken and nobody would think it sounded strange after a game or two. Well, IMO anyways.

I probably know like 5 people in real life that know that's the name of our minor league baseball. In reality the average person doesn't give two shits about a minor league team and if they're playing that weekend.

chris98251

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1aixlrgf said:
BlueThunder":1aixlrgf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1aixlrgf said:

I probably know like 5 people in real life that know that's the name of our minor league baseball. In reality the average person doesn't give two shits about a minor league team and if they're playing that weekend.

So Mom, Dad, and that leaves three, you lose credibility :)

If your're raised here in the Seattle area you know the Rainier's, they were here before the Pilots, it's not gonna happen, all the Imports have no idea of the History of the area and should not comment on the things they do not understand from a Locals perspective.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":36bmudky said:
therealjohncarlson":36bmudky said:
BlueThunder":36bmudky said:
Sox-n-Hawks":36bmudky said:

So Mom, Dad, and that leaves three, you lose credibility :)

If your're raised here in the Seattle area you know the Rainier's, they were here before the Pilots, it's not gonna happen, all the Imports have no idea of the History of the area and should not comment on the things they do not understand from a Locals perspective.

Yup, I get it. Love going to Rainiers games. Cheap, fun and tickets are easy to come by. Still, I can’t think of a better name. It likely won’t happen.

Since we tend to use the same letter. I think Seattle Sockeyes is the most likely name. Or Sea Lions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1i8q4vsd said:
BlueThunder":1i8q4vsd said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1i8q4vsd said:
chris98251":1i8q4vsd said:

I still like Rainiers

Of course it counts............not only legally with trademark and marketing rights, but regionally with fanbases, media confusion and overall fan sentiment.

Why would you choose a name that's going to cause legal issues, controversy and confusion?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33gfd8mf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":33gfd8mf said:
BlueThunder":33gfd8mf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":33gfd8mf said:
I still like Rainiers

Of course it counts............not only legally with trademark and marketing rights, but regionally with fanbases, media confusion and overall fan sentiment.

Why would you choose a name that's going to cause legal issues, controversy and confusion?

Because I like it and I’m an a-hole.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":24gshpr9 said:
Sgt. Largent":24gshpr9 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":24gshpr9 said:
BlueThunder":24gshpr9 said:

Because I like it and I’m an a-hole.

I appreciate your honesty, but it ain't happening. Learn to love the Totems or Steelhead.