Seattle Kraken Hockey

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The Seattle Passive-Aggressives

Captures the true nature of the city, and doesn't have "sea" in the name. Well, except for the city name. So Mr Bobblehead will be good with it.

;)

BlueThunder

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1ewxrh6u said:

Captures the true nature of the city, and doesn't have "sea" in the name. Well, except for the city name. So Mr Bobblehead will be good with it.

;)

So what's your choice, Geek... Seeing as you chimed on in? I'm pretty sure it's not Passive-Aggressives.... :D

CPHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":19yoeu4o said:

;)

The Seattle Homeless captures the tru essence of Seattle.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":6lifww7o said:
GeekHawk":6lifww7o said:

;)

So what's your choice, Geek... Seeing as you chimed on in? I'm pretty sure it's not Passive-Aggressives.... :D

I'm not exactly sure yet. You're right about me being facetious there. I'm not dead-set against something with 'sea' in the name, and certainly Seattle Sea Lions is way less 'wimpy' than the Seattle Seals. Using the Metropolitans name is stupid, as is Rainiers or Totems. Krakens is just weird. As is Sockeyes. You may as well call the team the Seattle Chum Salmons at that point. I guess we could go with another fish and a double-meaning name and use Seattle Cutthroats? Or use the native name for Mt Rainier and name it the Seattle Tahomas… I'm sure that'd go over with the population of King County! :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":286e95s4 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":286e95s4 said:
BlueThunder":286e95s4 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":286e95s4 said:
I still like Rainiers

Name is already taken buddy. That's what everybody would say. Tacoma Rainiers, Minor league baseball club. Off the table IMO. I want something original. I'd vote Totems third over my first two, Kraken and Sockeyes. That would be pretty much what I expect, lame-ass safe name. *sigh* Weak. C'mon man... Just do the damn Kraken. Be off the wall and original. For a change.

Dude, minor league baseball teams don’t count. Or we’d erase a ton of pro mascots. Just sayin’

Of course it counts............not only legally with trademark and marketing rights, but regionally with fanbases, media confusion and overall fan sentiment.

Why would you choose a name that's going to cause legal issues, controversy and confusion?
Bingo. Well said!

purpleworld

Reaction score
Kraken....and we’ll be known around the league as the “Butt Kracks” or “Krak Heads”...

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Please NO Green or blue traditional Seattle colors. Also don’t the Vancouver Canucks already have those colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palmegranite

Reaction score
When I was a kid, the coolest, best skates around were called Super Tacks. I think they were made from Kangaroo hides, but I may have an erroneous recollection.

What cooler name than Seattle Super Tacs?

DynoHawk

Reaction score
Seattle Scorch
Seattle Sealths
Seattle Ice Holes
Seattle Volcanoes
Seattle Magma

BlueThunder

Reaction score
purpleworld":3udpr17k said:
Kraken....and we’ll be known around the league as the “Butt Kracks” or “Krak Heads”...

And I'm cool with that. (exhibiting really serious look) LMAO! But is that really any different than Sea Hags or the countless other names our enemies come up with for Seahawks? Should we make a list of alternate names for every other incarnation? Example: Totems: Scrotums? They'll be envious of the Kraken in no time... lol

hannibalking

Reaction score
Let’s just be lazy and take after Vegas. We can be the Emerald Knights.