Seattle Kraken Hockey

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2sokl2i0 said:
Sports Hernia":2sokl2i0 said:
Let’s hope they follow thru with name, colors, jerseys designs, logos.
I’d be surprised if they Revealed all 4 things. It’s progress.

Please don’t let it be the Kraken, though I will get used to whatever it is.

Just sayin', if it's Sockeye, they can use red thematically, differentiating themselves from every other Seattle team.
Agree. That’s why the Sonics jerseys with the comic book font and the red as the secondary were so cool.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Quick, before the rollout of the NFL Washington Kraken.
Or the CFL's Edmonton Sockeyes.

DHawk

Reaction score
I'm likely 'reading too much into it' for sure, but I'm sittin' there watching the boat name, color of the nets, and the fact that its on a fishing boat looking for an "AH-HAH!" moment. It could be anything but I'm thinking Sockeyes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DHawk":3bp5fgoz said:
I'm likely 'reading too much into it' for sure, but I'm sittin' there watching the boat name, color of the nets, and the fact that its on a fishing boat looking for an "AH-HAH!" moment. It could be anything but I'm thinking Sockeyes.
You gave me an idea.

Quick opinion poll 13 hours from now what will the name and colors be?

I’m going with Sockeyes with a salmon and teal as the main colors.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":94k1a449 said:

I wish I could have the same view as you. Please, teach me your ways!

I just can't get on board with Kraken. It's a mythical Atlantic creature for crying out loud. It has nothing to do with the PNW. That's like the Memphis Grizzlies, or the Utah Jazz. Granted, they inherited those names, but they don't fit. It's the all about the principle here.

I fear that if it is Kraken, I'll have to resort to being a Canucks fan. :242735:

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2hwe72t9 said:
Sports Hernia":2hwe72t9 said:

I wish I could have the same view as you. Please, teach me your ways!

I just can't get on board with Kraken. It's a mythical Atlantic creature for crying out loud. It has nothing to do with the PNW. That's like the Memphis Grizzlies, or the Utah Jazz. Granted, they inherited those names, but they don't fit. It's the all about the principle here.

I fear that if it is Kraken, I'll have to resort to being a Canucks fan. :242735:

I'm ambivalent about the name, but it's a creature that derives from Scandinavian folklore, and Scandinavian culture has a strong presence and history in the Seattle area. Similar to the Minnesota Vikings. There were never any actual vikings in the midwest, but there are many descendants of Scandinavians in that area, so the name fits.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kraken in Reference to the Biggest Octopus in the world in our waters, you would think people would expand their views a bit, Sockeye spawn here and then leave, The Octopus is here year round.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Just going by the colors of the net in the video, it doesn't fit with this concept. Unless they are throwing a curve ball of some sort. But I have never seen a concept image of the Kraken with the teal and red color scheme.

Grvg9ypkpl221

1e335938

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
There are plenty of good choice on that list, so it’s probably best to rank them.

13. Kraken
Naming your team after a mythical creature is an extremely minor-league move. It’s an especially bad idea when that creature has no real tie to the region. The Kraken is a monster with origins in the north Atlantic, not the Pacific Northwest.

2. Totems
The Totems were Seattle’s longest-running pro hockey team, lasting from 1944 to 1975 as members of the minor Western Hockey League. They took their name from the totem poles carved by indigenous people of the Northwest, which later inspired the logos of the Seahawks and Seattle Thunderbirds junior hockey team. Native American names are controversial, now more than ever, but the Seattle hockey team could consult with local indigenous groups to create a totem-inspired logo that’s respectful of native culture and represents the team’s values.

1. Sockeyes
Every time the Seahawks play a home game in primetime, what do you see? Guys throwing salmon around in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It’s extremely cliché at this point but salmon really are synonymous with Washington state. The name also has the fantastic double-entendre of hockey players getting socked in the eye during a fight. Imagine a Sammy Sockeye mascot dressed like a hockey goon with a big black eye and a bunch of missing teeth. The only complicating factor is that Pamela Bowerman, an IT systems worker from Washington state who writes a series of sexy hockey novels with names like “Skating on Thin Ice” and “Body Checking” under the name Jami Davenport, has already filed for a trademark on Seattle Sockeyes.

I was going to go with Totems. But that went out the window with this video. So it's got to be one of these other two.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/12/04/seatt ... s-rainiers

Chawker

Reaction score
Ok, now they have the balls to start teasing us with a goal light in a fishing net. I'm sorry guys but this team is definitely and permanently on my s h i t list.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo s u ck it todd! :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on:

pmedic920

Reaction score
d2502658521a7e0ac85ef35c7ccb1695.jpg

I’m hearing 09:00 today?
Correct?

I actually prefer Kraken over Sockeye

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":q7iluicl said:
d2502658521a7e0ac85ef35c7ccb1695.jpg

I’m hearing 09:00 today?
Correct?

I actually prefer Kraken over Sockeye
Yes. 9am Pacific.

The Seattle Bitch Pigeons is one of my favorites.