Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1vw20784 said:
Flyingsquad23":1vw20784 said:
Indy got my drift. This season if it even goes through will be topped off with an asterisk. Like prize rookies getting hurt, trading first ballot HOF’ers, and finishing a season with 116 wins(tied for the record) a WS* this year would be true Mariner style.

Pitchers pitching everyday?

Like 154 game seasons?

1995 shortened season?

Steroid era?

Drugs being heavily used in 70s and 80s?

Wah wah. A season is a season. It wont matter as mariners wont make it but come on.

If you want to treat it like every other year more power to you. If the Yankees or dodgers or Red Sox win it all this year everyone will say they had the squad no matter how many game we’re played, if the M’s win it will be written off as the pandemic season where anyone could win. Top it off with the fact that odds are we won’t be at the ballpark to witness. And sorry we haven’t waited 100 years, it’s still been a lifetime of no WS. So go wah wah yourself in the...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kyle Lewis just crushed one against Verlander. 438 feet.
M’s up 1-0, top of 2nd.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Good to see Seager be productive in game one. Lewis picking up where he left off. Marco looking shakey. Mallex reminding me why he is my least favorite player ever, overtaking Ketel Marte. Damn, I miss Leonys Martin patrolling the OF.

And all of a sudden it's 6-2 Houston.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2cw4b117 said:
Good to see Seager be productive in game one. Lewis picking up where he left off. Marco looking shakey. Mallex reminding me why he is my least favorite player ever, overtaking Ketel Marte. Damn, I miss Leonys Martin patrolling the OF.

And all of a sudden it's 6-2 Houston.
Yep, brought in some no name who coughed up a lead and Seager made an error before that.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I didn't like pulling Marco at 73 pitches when he'd just given up a couple ground balls one of which should have been a double play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not impressed with the bullpen. They are crapping the bed.
Thought Marco pitched well, Seager’s error was a killer, gotta get at least the lead runner there.

Offense looks too thin. Bring up Kelenic to add some energy and pop to the offense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3mqtoeuo said:
I didn't like pulling Marco at 73 pitches when he'd just given up a couple ground balls one of which should have been a double play.
Don’t like it but understand it. He had a 75 pitch limit.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2bkrtt17 said:

Exactly my thoughts. He wasn't great, but was keeping it within reason. Typical Servais in mid season form already. Turing up his pen of single A'ers that immediately blow the game wide open.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seager is whatever. Vogelbach is annoyingly loved. I like seager tho but he is just not the star fans wanted.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Losing 5-1 bottom 5.

Seattle’s offense is too anemic. Too many automatic outs.
When you have Nola hitting 5th and Volglout hitting 6th your line up has serious holes.

Bullpen also has serious holes.

Bring up the kids that are close, let em play. You’re not even going to be close to making the playoffs with this roster.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Lewis still dropping bombs. Need to get some guys on base for him to drive in. Crawford is hot to. It would be nice if those were base clearing triples.

The pitching leaves a lot to be desired.

But hey, wasn't expecting much out of the season except seeing what the kids can do anyway. Kelenic should come up soon.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2jet12ab said:
Kelenic should come up soon.

It will be a huge disappointment and slap in the face if he isn't called up by the beginning of the next series in against the Angels. Mallex needs to be DFAd. He can't hit, he can't get walks, he can't track a fly ball to save his life. Two games in a row he biffs on a completely catchable fly ball. Ridiculous. And instead of hustling to pick it up, he sinks his head and sulks. His problems go back to last season. His best trait can't even be used if if he can't get on base.

I love the youth movement, but this lineup needs some pop. If you're going with your young guns, why keep the most promising one back? Especially with no minor league season? He needs to play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2j8nuzdt said:
Lewis still dropping bombs. Need to get some guys on base for him to drive in. Crawford is hot to. It would be nice if those were base clearing triples.

The pitching leaves a lot to be desired.

But hey, wasn't expecting much out of the season except seeing what the kids can do anyway. Kelenic should come up soon.
Lewis when he connects the ball goes a long ways.
Still young but would love to see him cutdown on his strikeouts. ...but if he keeps hitting bombs at this pace, it’s a secondary concern.

sutz

Reaction score
Kikuchi is dealing so far. Bottom 4, 1 run, only 40 pitches so far. :2thumbs:

Hitters actually scored 4 runs so far. :2thumbs:

Latest posts