Seattle Mariners 2020 season

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Id have kelnic(spelling) up. Why not? Griffey was playing 1st year. I am not saying Jared is jr.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":vrzoga8w said:
Id have kelnic(spelling) up. Why not? Griffey was playing 1st year. I am not saying Jared is jr.
Kelenic should be up IMHO. He has the ability and confidence/swagger to handle MLB pressure.
M’s are too worried about the service time crap.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Huge win plus verlander out for year. Im calling the mariners win tomorrow and get the split.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":m7fg34hu said:
Shanegotyou11":m7fg34hu said:
Kelenic should be up IMHO. He has the ability and confidence/swagger to handle MLB pressure.
M’s are too worried about the service time crap.

Yea i fully agree with you. Its a short season and he can provide more runs and who knows? They showed a graph that 30 and 30 would of made playoffs last year. I am not saying they can but at same time let the best players play.

And if they snuck in and got blasted in 1st rd? Still a huge experience for the team who is so young.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":319mvrfk said:
Huge win plus verlander out for year. Im calling the mariners win tomorrow and get the split.
Now they are saying he might be out for only 3 or 4 weeks with a forearm strain. Who knows which one is accurate.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ct64vip0 said:
Shanegotyou11":ct64vip0 said:
Now they are saying he might be out for only 3 or 4 weeks with a forearm strain. Who knows which one is accurate.

Oh wow. The youth has potential. I am excited to see kyle lewis through the years.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice win for the young guys. Good comeback top of 8, and Williams struggled but came through with the save.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Bullpen was good today. Kikuchi looked great until he lost his control in the 4th. Tough to judge since the pitchers have had so little work before being thrown to the wolves.

Lewis looked much better at the plate today. 2 hits and a walk. He struck out twice but I really thought the strike 3 call on the 2nd one was a ball, believe that would have been ball 4. We got almost the entire lineup on base, Joe Hudson the only guy who didn't get on. Crawford didn't get a hit but walked twice.

Seagar is looking good, another RBI double and he snagged a couple of hard liners as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":36ls4h1i said:
Bullpen was good today. Kikuchi looked great until he lost his control in the 4th. Tough to judge since the pitchers have had so little work before being thrown to the wolves.

Lewis looked much better at the plate today. 2 hits and a walk. He struck out twice but I really thought the strike 3 call on the 2nd one was a ball, believe that would have been ball 4. We got almost the entire lineup on base, Joe Hudson the only guy who didn't get on. Crawford didn't get a hit but walked twice.

Seagar is looking good, another RBI double and he snagged a couple of hard liners as well.
As one of Seaver’s biggest critics it’s nice to see him going the other way with pop.
My pet peeve in baseball is dead pull hitters. As a dead pull hitter you severely limit your chances of getting on base especially in the shift era. Hitting to all fields with power is what got Edgar in the HOF.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":l4cs2f2d said:
XxXdragonXxX":l4cs2f2d said:

As one of Seaver’s biggest critics it’s nice to see him going the other way with pop.
My pet peeve in baseball is dead pull hitters. As a dead pull hitter you severely limit your chances of getting on base especially in the shift era. Hitting to all fields with power is what got Edgar in the HOF.
Sports go in cycles. We're into an era of power hitters. It's hard to hit for power while directing the ball. It just is. Not many players can hit for power to all fields. It's been going that way for a while, as more and more teams want the long ball. It excites the fans, but hitting solo home runs actually is a tough way to win.

In answer we got the shift. It looks silly to us old timers, but it works to eliminate the "dead pull hitters" from the lineup.

So we need the next wave in the cycle, guys who can get base hits anywhere in the field and can move runners. Everybody loves the long ball, but when all a hitter can do is HR or K, it limits his usefulness. Gotta have strengths in several areas, not just one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3etnhh8p said:
sutz":3etnhh8p said:
when all a hitter can do is HR or K, it limits his usefulness. Gotta have strengths in several area, not just one.

Mike Zunino
I swear as soon as he stepped into the batter’s box he was in an 0-2 count.
Never seen a guy with such horrible instincts as a hitter. He’d chase balls a foot outside but then take pitches right down the middle. The rare times he’d hit the ball he’d crush it, but like I said, rare.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, what a start by Graveman. He's throwing fire.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":gd6jqdbc said:
Then the wheels fell off, and then the blow pen came in...:.

Good to see White go yard with his first MLB home run though.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
When was the last time an Ms reliever came in and inherited base runners and socked the other team in the mouth?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25ufd3jc said:
DJrmb":25ufd3jc said:

Yeah, I think he threw his arm out a little bit going 98mph early on. He just couldn't sustain that and was down to 93ish towards the end. Overall I still liked what I was. He had a little bad luck and the error behind him hurt. Can't blame him for that Altuve HR either, that pitch was almost over his head! I have no clue how he hit that out, wow. Hopefully he builds off this start and comes back more consistent next outing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":2f8rs0xp said:
Sports Hernia":2f8rs0xp said:
DJrmb":2f8rs0xp said:

Yeah, I think he threw his arm out a little bit going 98mph early on. He just couldn't sustain that and was down to 93ish towards the end. Overall I still liked what I was. He had a little bad luck and the error behind him hurt. Can't blame him for that Altuve HR either, that pitch was almost over his head! I have no clue how he hit that out, wow. Hopefully he builds off this start and comes back more consistent next outing.
You bring up a point I think is over looked. Manager SS said he thinks the defense is a lot better.
Outside of White, I’m not seeing it. Bring up Kelenic and the argument holds more water.

Latest posts