Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
It's been nice seeing the kids come alive the past few games. That's the growth we need to see. And all 3 starters have had huge bounce back games.

With that being said, Mallex, Vogelbach, and Marmolejos need to go. We all know Mallex and Vogelbach suck. Marmolejos is giving me Tuffy Gosewich flashbacks when he's at the plate. There's a reason why he spent 9 freaking years in the minors.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Youth was bad in 9th. Lewis, jose and shed. Evan did well. It happens tho. Bullpen will be a issue this yr.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2eidbpwu said:
Look at the bullpen again.
That and a ton of piss poor AB’s by Seattle hitters.
Meanwhile Kelenic was a triple short of a cycle in Tacoma.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Angels are bringing up their 21 year old OF prospect, #6 prospect in the MLB, Jo Adell.

The Mariners have 2 actual OF's on the roster and are sitting on Kelenic who has looked like a ROTY candidate.

And to me this seems like the perfect season to give you g guys a shot. No crowds, low pressure atmosphere...and it's either play them or have them get sit in Tacoma playing intrasquad game.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Evan White is ridiculous at 1st base. Handled that off target throw while keeping his foot on the bag. 99% of 1st basemen would have let it go by or moved off the bag.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3sa0kb80 said:
Sports Hernia":3sa0kb80 said:
Sports Hernia":3sa0kb80 said:
Walker pitching a 1 hitter thru 7, Kyle Lewis with 2 hits again. M’s up 5-0.
Won 5-3. 3 in a row. That’s called a winning streak.

My interest is piqued

I never should've got involved

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3e3mbosz said:
Uncle Si":3e3mbosz said:
Sports Hernia":3e3mbosz said:
Sports Hernia":3e3mbosz said:
Walker pitching a 1 hitter thru 7, Kyle Lewis with 2 hits again. M’s up 5-0.
Won 5-3. 3 in a row. That’s called a winning streak.

My interest is piqued

I never should've got involved
It’s all your fault Si!

This bullpen sucks, their defense looks horrible, and their offense is anemic.
One of their solutions for the offensive and defensive woes (Kelenic) is tearing up Tacoma.
They are too worried about the arb clock starting on him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Hy9_wZSoY

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Well Shaw was absolute trash today. Sheffield leaves the game with 2 runs scored 2 out and 2 on. Inning finishes with 8 runs scored. Sheff certainly had a not great 5th inning, but he definitely would have got out of it without letting in 8 runs if they stuck with him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3gmj8h7d said:
Well Shaw was absolute trash today. Sheffield leaves the game with 2 runs scored 2 out and 2 on. Inning finishes with 8 runs scored. Sheff certainly had a not great 5th inning, but he definitely would have got out of it without letting in 8 runs if they stuck with him.

Most of the bullpen has been trash this year. Most of the good young arms are in Tacoma.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1er7fdds said:
Least we won. Lol
Lewis is still hot, best start in Seager’s career, bullpen still sucks, White looked good for one AB, Moore had 3 hits.
Still too many holes in the lineup.

Would not be sad to see Vogelout, Shed Jr, or Gordon, Marjoemos (sp?) and a few arsonists in the bullpen sent down and or DFA’ed. Perfect season to call up the young studs and let em play. Yes I know I sound like a broken record.

PS. Quit pitching to Trout. Just tell him don’t even bother stepping in the batters box, just start walking to first, you’re being intentionally walked and don’t get to hit today, sorry!

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kmipb2o said:
Shanegotyou11":1kmipb2o said:
Least we won. Lol
Lewis is still hot, best start in Seager’s career, bullpen still sucks, White looked good for one AB, Moore had 3 hits.
Still too many holes in the lineup.

Would not be sad to see Vogelout, Shed Jr, or Gordon, Marjoemos (sp?) and a few arsonists in the bullpen sent down and or DFA’ed. Perfect season to call up the young studs and let em play. Yes I know I sound like a broken record.

PS. Quit pitching to Trout. Just tell him don’t even bother stepping in the batters box, just start walking to first, you’re being intentionally walked and don’t get to hit today, sorry!

Trout is a beast. They did move down marj. Jerry was on and said this season is just a look and experience for the youth.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I haven’t watched much of the Mariners this season. From what I’ve seen Lewis looks like he could become the next big star for the franchise. Who else do you guys see sticking around for the future? Crawford has looked decent. But after that I don’t see much. Obviously Rodriguez and Kelenic will join Lewis as the core guys. But even with them, a lot of holes. I’m disappointed in the two young arms in Dunn and Sheffield. Do you guys see them turning it around?

Trout is amazing, and numbers show that he is one of the best to ever play. For how great he is, he’s only made the playoffs in 2014 and is yet to win a postseason game. I think that shows that baseball is a team sport and not an individual sport. Which is why I would shy away from huge contracts to superstar players. Whereas I have no problem handing out big contracts in the NFL or NBA. Put LeBron James or Russell Wilson on some of the worst teams and they’ll find a way to make the playoffs. It’s just crazy to think that possibly the best player in baseball history cannot win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1q34r2h6 said:
I haven’t watched much of the Mariners this season. From what I’ve seen Lewis looks like he could become the next big star for the franchise. Who else do you guys see sticking around for the future? Crawford has looked decent. But after that I don’t see much. Obviously Rodriguez and Kelenic will join Lewis as the core guys. But even with them, a lot of holes. I’m disappointed in the two young arms in Dunn and Sheffield. Do you guys see them turning it around?

Trout is amazing, and numbers show that he is one of the best to ever play. For how great he is, he’s only made the playoffs in 2014 and is yet to win a postseason game. I think that shows that baseball is a team sport and not an individual sport. Which is why I would shy away from huge contracts to superstar players. Whereas I have no problem handing out big contracts in the NFL or NBA. Put LeBron James or Russell Wilson on some of the worst teams and they’ll find a way to make the playoffs. It’s just crazy to think that possibly the best player in baseball history cannot win.
They have Kelenic and Rodriguez that are going to be studs, Cal Raleigh a catcher with pop, Marte a SS with speed and a little pop. George Kirby who has great control as a pitcher as he walked no one (see zero) last year, and other decent pitching prospects. Add that to the current team and add Free Agency to fill the holes and you got a pretty good team that will contend. I’m still not sold on all of the pitching prospects outside of Kirby.

Dunn and Sheffield have preformed below my expectations so far but they have showed glimpses. They both tend to have habits of giving up big innings. I think they can still be good, they are just not there yet.

If healthy they are going to have the best outfield in baseball, once Kelenic and Rodriguez join Lewis and start
Playing full time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game today. Why didn’t Kyle Lewis play today. Is he hurt or sick or was this the “we must get 2 of our sub .200 batters AB’s” decision? You don’t take your best hitter out of the lineup if he is healthy in a 60 game season.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gjnkgm5 said:
Hawk-Lock":1gjnkgm5 said:

They have Kelenic and Rodriguez that are going to be studs, Cal Raleigh a catcher with pop, Marte a SS with speed and a little pop. George Kirby who has great control as a pitcher as he walked no one (see zero) last year, and other decent pitching prospects. Add that to the current team and add Free Agency to fill the holes and you got a pretty good team that will contend. I’m still not sold on all of the pitching prospects outside of Kirby.

Dunn and Sheffield have preformed below my expectations so far but they have showed glimpses. They both tend to have habits of giving up big innings. I think they can still be good, they are just not there yet.

If healthy they are going to have the best outfield in baseball, once Kelenic and Rodriguez join Lewis and start
Playing full time.

I’m expecting Lewis, Kelenic and Rodriguez to be very good players. After that I won’t count on any prospects. If we aren’t at least competitive by next season then I’ll be disappointed. I probably won’t watch much of this team unless they call up Kelenic and some of the other guys.

Latest posts