Secondary

tersal

Reaction score
Hello team. Justin Coleman was really a good corner in 2018 for the team. I don't know how his new team viewed him would love to see him back with the Hawks. Just caught did not play well for the Lions unfortunately a lot of dead money so no trade. Darn was competent with the Hawks.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Coleman was productive but I don't think it is a role that can't be replaced they just did so terribly this year. If they're not going to slot Blair at SS and keep McDougald there which seems likely then I think Blair is too effective to ride the pine another year and should be on the field in a Coleman type role

sutz

Reaction score
Diggs/McD was our best safety tandem last year. IIRC both are under contract, so wouldn't mind them going forward.

Griff is better than many around here like to admit at CB. The question is Flowers. Was he in a sophomore slump? Or will he get better next year. Will be a lot of pixels spilled on that discussion, I'm sure. Amadi was great on ST, not so great in coverage. Blair would probably look good in our "heavy nickel" package as a 3rd safety on the field. With some experience he's maybe a starting safety in a year or two.

I remember Coleman as being competent, if not outstanding, so if he's available as a backup/3rd corner I wouldn't mind him coming back, assuming we don't over pay. We have a lot of cap space, but if we sign Clowney it will eat a lot of that.

We draft DBs every year, so I assume that will continue, but we'll probably prioritize DL before that. Ansah was disappointing, to say the least.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Amadi was a rookie and was hit or miss like most rookies. I expect he'll be better next year. Pete himself said he should have had Amadi out there sooner.
Kid is bright and should get it by next year. NFL is hard and most rookies take a year especially at the more challenging positions.

I think we have a decent secondary for next year with Flowers/Griffin/Diggs/McDougald/Amadi/Blair. We need another corner for depth and competition.

But really all our draft resources need to be focused on the trenches and TE. Pass rush was more our undoing than anything else.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3nzdobxl said:
Amadi was a rookie and was hit or miss like most rookies. I expect he'll be better next year. Pete himself said he should have had Amadi out there sooner.
Kid is bright and should get it by next year. NFL is hard and most rookies take a year especially at the more challenging positions.

I think we have a decent secondary for next year with Flowers/Griffin/Diggs/McDougald/Amadi/Blair. We need another corner for depth and competition.

But really all our draft resources need to be focused on the trenches and TE. Pass rush was more our undoing than anything else.
An astute analysis MAD DOG the difference in the playoff loss was Green Bay was better at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Which side to emphasize the offensive Line or defensive Line. Britt is coming off a serious injury and is up for a new contract. Ifedi is up for a new contract, Hunt was serviceable while playing injured. Pocic if memory serves me correct is up for a new contract as is Fant. Iupati is an injury risk. I say work on the offensive line and hope Green, Collier and possibly Nasir Jones can help Clowney, Jefferson, and Jackson provided they are resigned. I suspect Reed and Ansah will become cap casualties.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I want T2 and Lano gone yesterday. I want Flowers to spend all offseason learning to get his head turned when the ball is nearing the receiver. Draft or trade for quality DB help, quality depth needs to be built.... and need a CB2 If flowers can’t learn to play the ball while looking at it.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1luax3e4 said:
The question is Flowers. Was he in a sophomore slump? Or will he get better next year. Will be a lot of pixels spilled on that discussion, I'm sure.

I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of any CB who can't turn his damn head. We've seen way too many of those on this team over the years. If Flowers can get his neck to be flexible then maybe there's hope, but if not...

AgentDib

Reaction score
I like Pete's philosophy of trying to win everything all the time, but the downside is that it makes it hard to play rookies. A veteran will usually be the better immediate option due to their experience and knowledge.

If the Seahawks had been eliminated from the playoff race in November then you would have seen a ton of play from our rookies in the remaining games, for better and worse.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Shaq sucked in his sophomore season. Flowers was solid as a room and then sucked as a soph. Dunno what the hell to think about that give that Shaq had at least pro bowl alt year. Diggs is cool and all and Amadi made rookie mistakes down the stretch. The guy who I want to replace is McDougald. His tackling is Jekyll and Hyde and he's about as slow as KJ. I actually would like to see a real intimidator at SS again and that Blair really isn't that. He's still a FS in my mind. He's still skinny and every time he got up in the trash he got hurt.

Need to replace KJ too. He's been a real liability for any play that's not a screen and he just can't run and cover. We still play quite a bit of cover 3 too and that's really difficult on the MLB and WLB due to the spacing in the middle.

Need a new WLB, SLB, CB to take the job from Flowers possibly, NB to solidify that spot, a real SS, retain Q Jeff and Reid, need another 1 tech with Ford, who kind of slumped, 2 new DEs or retain clowney and go for another pass rusher, etc. There's a lot and that's just on D.

Latest posts