Shaun Alexander deserves to be in the HOF

IndyHawk

Reaction score
justafan":3pchsrfm said:
IndyHawk":3pchsrfm said:
SalishHawkFan":3pchsrfm said:
Scrolling through the HOF RBs stats on Football-Referenece.com I see that Shauns stats are comparable to the following HOF RB's:

Earl Campbell
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Gale Sayers

those guys go back a ways. I'd look at Earl Campbell as being the primary RB you can point to and say, if he deserves in the HOF, then Alexander does too.
The Kansas Comet did his numbers in like 5 years.Earl was a cheat.The other 2 I really don't know too much of.

How did he cheat?
From the time he was at Texas his Jersey was always set up so it would tear apart.You can look this up and get imfo on it.I think he was still a good rb without the advantage but he did get a lot of yards /tds with a half a top on.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1afktzhz said:
Zebulon Dak":1afktzhz said:
Anyway, why is 10,000 yds a benchmark but 100 TDs isn't? There's 29 guys with 10,000 yds rushing but only 8 guys with 100 rushing TDs. Hell, there's only 21 guys in the entire NFL to ever score 100+ TDs in any capacity. Clearly a more difficult accomplishment.

First, scoring TD's was a "thing" for SA, to the point where we forced it at times Im sure to keep the guy happy.

Also because, for a RB especially, it can be a bit of a meh stat....

Not that TD's arent important, they are....but how many of those are 1 yard runs?

If MH had passed them all the way down the field and SA waltzed a one and a half yard draw into the zone, who should get more credit for the drive and score?

Yards rushed is far more of an accurate barometer of a successful back than TD's.
Wait, what?

A TD for Shawn was to keep him happy but they didn't keep the team happy?

TD's are a "meh" stat?!?

:roll:

chrispy

Reaction score
I don't know if he makes it or not.... But if he does, we should all be prepared for the bad press when he falls down without being touched as he walks up on stage.

McG

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":uf8s93tk said:
He'll never make it into the Hall.

He may make it into the Ring.

LOL, he may? He's a lock for the Ring of Honor, period.

He may make it to the HOF after a few years, or a "slow year".

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
McG":p4oiu065 said:
onanygivensunday":p4oiu065 said:
He'll never make it into the Hall.

He may make it into the Ring.

LOL, he may? He's a lock for the Ring of Honor, period.

He may make it to the HOF after a few years, or a "slow year".

This. Very much this. He's a lock for the Ring of Honor, no question about it. He should make it into the Hall of Fame sometime down the line in a year with a bit lighter competition.

irocdave

Reaction score
As long as people are around that remember watching him play I don't see him making it in. There is a 6 minute video of him on YT that shows every one of the 28 td's scored in 05. He wasn't touched on the majority of his scores. If Lynch had Walt and that guard that should not be named, he would have put up a 2300 yard season by now. Don't get me wrong, I still have a Sa jersey and he was a really good, fast, elusive running back with decent hands. But...well..we all know, well you know. After he got paid he decided to stretch his career, cant blame him but he was a finesse back to begin with. I honestly think Chris Warren was a better all around running back.