Should Russ be shut down for year?

Now that playoffs are out of reach, should they shut Wilson down and save his for next year?

• Yes, no doubt

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, he needs to finish the year strong

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No, not worth the risk

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don’t care who plays QB!

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’m mixed. I want Russ to finish strong, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. He looks fatigued and mentally tired. He busted his ass to come back to try to get this team to the playoffs. But I think he should have been held back to heal more before getting back on the field. That’s on Pete and Russ. Something is going to happen this off-season, and I think we all can see the writing on the wall. But in the meantime, keep playing Russ or sit him? He was off again tonight. What say you?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I'm a russ fan, but a big hawks fan for a long time now. I want him to go somewhere he is utilized correctly and not bitched about like on this site. I can't wait for the meltdown when he is gone and leading a different team to the playoffs. I love the hawks. I want better for russ. I hope you guys get your wish. Miserable player blaming seahawks fans.

Then we will all understand what has really happened these last few years as seahawks fans.

Rat

Reaction score
Definitely. Shutting him down under the pretext of injury gives the false impression to potential trade partners that he isn't washed.

evergreen

Reaction score
What has anyone seen in the last year to make them think he is great? Our offense is putrid. So he has a high percentage but we still lead the world in three an outs? He’s the worst qb on 3rd down. Soon the work will know what we’ve known for a while. Even before last years incredible start you knew how far he could take us. Not far enough is it. Now he’s a shell of what he was who he was great. I hope we can get a couple of firsts for him. I doubt we can get what we gave up for 33.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
evergreen":j4vg29ks said:
What has anyone seen in the last year to make them think he is great? Our offense is putrid. So he has a high percentage but we still lead the world in three an outs? He’s the worst qb on 3rd down. Soon the work will know what we’ve known for a while. Even before last years incredible start you knew how far he could take us. Not far enough is it. Now he’s a shell of what he was who he was great. I hope we can get a couple of firsts for him. I doubt we can get what we gave up for 33.

Are you aware of what you've just done?

K

K.J WRIGHT

evergreen":2uern84t said:

These RW worshipers are too emotional to decipher fact from fiction..Others here watch for entertainment. LOL

balakoth

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":a9lyb2vo said:
evergreen":a9lyb2vo said:

These RW worshipers are too emotional to decipher fact from fiction..Others here watch for entertainment. LOL

Whatever you say kiddo.. You are the reason I hate this board... literally. Too young to grasp basic concepts

5thgen

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3vobpa9h said:
I'm a russ fan, but a big hawks fan for a long time now. I want him to go somewhere he is utilized correctly and not b!@ch about like on this site. I can't wait for the meltdown when he is gone and leading a different team to the playoffs. I love the hawks. I want better for russ. I hope you guys get your wish. Miserable player blaming seahawks fans.

Then we will all understand what has really happened these last few years as seahawks fans.

Russ being underutilized? How many OCs did hawks go through so that he can properly be utilized? When trying to debug an issue, the constant is usually the problem.

K

K.J WRIGHT

balakoth":p4nyf836 said:
K.J WRIGHT":p4nyf836 said:
evergreen":p4nyf836 said:

Whatever you say kiddo.. You are the reason I hate this board... literally. Too young to grasp basic concepts

Then beat it sally!

xray

Reaction score
He will finish out the season , if no other reason to showcase himself for his next potential team . He doesn't want a final interception to be what everybody remembers .

BamKam

Reaction score
Lol why would you shut him down? If you need to shut him down because he is mentally shot then he is done and and needs to be traded.