Sign Lynch again for a playoff run??

PNW

Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/PFN365/statu ... gr%5Etweet

Looks like it’s that time of year again for Lynch to come out of retirement, should the Hawks sign him? I personally feel like we could use a short yardage/goal line back. In my opinion Carson, Hyde or Penny aren’t durable enough to pound it down the middle in short yardage situations. We could definitely use his mentality during our playoff run, I was pretty happy with what he brought last year to the Hawks.

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't know about Lynch, but they should probably start signing as many capable running backs as possible.

It's December and there are four games remaining before the playoffs. Tis the season for our RBs to start dropping like flies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is a national treasure, no one loves him more than me.

But no thanks, we've got enough good RB's, especially with Penny coming back. If that changes between now and the playoffs? Sure, let's kick the tires.

But now? I don't see the point other than just paying for some more Lynch awesomeness in the locker and interview room.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In January, hell yes I sign him. The energy and nostalgia factor alone is worth it. He flat out energized that locker room last year during the playoffs. And wouldn't that be a story to allow him to ride off in the sunset with that second ring he deserves? Even if we don't make the Super Bowl, I wouldn't hesitate. He reinvigorates and reenergizes this organization from the top down.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Why? We have enough RB's that are just as good and we got Penny coming back. Is Lynch better than them?

James in PA

Reaction score
The door is always open for Beast Mode. Seeing him back in a Hawks uni last season gave me goosebumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Bobblehead":pzd6pc42 said:
Why? We have enough RB's that are just as good and we got Penny coming back. Is Lynch better than them?
In short yardage, goal line situations, durability and mentality yes he is better

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18744gfo said:
Marshawn Lynch is a national treasure, no one loves him more than me.

But no thanks, we've got enough good RB's, especially with Penny coming back. If that changes between now and the playoffs? Sure, let's kick the tires.

But now? I don't see the point other than just paying for some more Lynch awesomeness in the locker and interview room.
I should have clarified......I meant closer to playoff time. Although if we were going to sign him maybe giving him a game or two in the regular season to warm back up could be beneficial.

sutz

Reaction score
Is this gonna be an annual thing until Marshawn turns 60? :34853_doh:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":10yxc276 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay Steve, that genuinely made me LOL.

To answer some other's questions, there's no confusing a retired Lynch for a healthy and younger Carson or Hyde. I don't think that's ever the point. Last year it was due to a depleted running back room and it was a fantastic bridge and salute to our past while infusing the team and fans with a level of excitement and rally-around-ness that is hard to quantify but very rewarding. When he catapulted into the endzone that first time, I would have sworn it was 2013 again and the fans would have agreed.

Sure, in the end, he didn't make the difference for a Super Bowl birth, but he sure as heck wasn't the reason for missing it either. The players love and respect him, I don't ever think there would be an issue adding him even if we have enough RB's on the roster. It's not about production so much as infusion of energy, passion, respect, leadership and bravado you just can't find otherwise.

If he wants to join up again in time for the playoffs, I would not hesitate. Let him be the short-yardage/goal line spark again. If this game really is entertainment, well let the man entertain!

balakoth

Reaction score
PNW":1bnx0k03 said:
Bobblehead":1bnx0k03 said:
In short yardage, goal line situations, durability and mentality yes he is better

Sweet, didn't realize he was running it so well this year. I haven't watched any Lynch games this year so it was hard for me to personally compare how hes doing after another year of running to our current backs

Glad to know.... :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
balakoth":13b4a6xi said:
PNW":13b4a6xi said:
Bobblehead":13b4a6xi said:

Sweet, didn't realize he was running it so well this year. I haven't watched any Lynch games this year so it was hard for me to personally compare how hes doing after another year of running to our current backs

Glad to know.... :sarcasm_off:
Interesting how you interpreted what I said as him jumping in right away and and being our best RB.

Seymour

Reaction score
PNW":19lq197o said:
Bobblehead":19lq197o said:

Nice try but that statistically is just wrong!! :177692:

Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102175/inside-seattles-decision-to-pass-from-the-1

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Bro's....we have Rashaad Penny coming back. He is our best RB. No need for Lynch.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Seymour":1yjs7903 said:
PNW":1yjs7903 said:
Bobblehead":1yjs7903 said:

Nice try but that statistically is just wrong!! :177692:

Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102175/inside-seattles-decision-to-pass-from-the-1
Okay statistically prove I’m incorrect, you only showed a Lynch article from 2015 with no Carson, Hyde or Penny stats to compare. Also I would like to see statics on his mentality and durability being worse.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3q2srhxs said:

Yes!
He can make a cameo appearance towards the end of every Seahawks season until he decides to retire for good!

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1o6ko601 said:
sutz":1o6ko601 said:

Yes!
He can make a cameo appearance towards the end of every Seahawks season until he decides to retire for good!
LOLOLOL!!!!

Latest posts