Sign Lynch again for a playoff run??

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think if the Beast wants to come back then why not?It's likely one of three
of Carson,Hyde or Penny has something sore in the four games and we will
need him.Homer and Dallas are just not doing it.

Seymour

Reaction score
PNW":2xwauzbf said:
Seymour":2xwauzbf said:
PNW":2xwauzbf said:
Bobblehead":2xwauzbf said:
Why? We have enough RB's that are just as good and we got Penny coming back. Is Lynch better than them?
In short yardage, goal line situations, durability and mentality yes he is better

Nice try but that statistically is just wrong!! :177692:

Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102175/inside-seattles-decision-to-pass-from-the-1
Okay statistically prove I’m incorrect, you only showed a Lynch article from 2015 with no Carson, Hyde or Penny stats to compare. Also I would like to see statics on his mentality and durability being worse.

You won't be needing those if he's riding the bench. :lol:

Anyway....no thanks. Lynch is done. Thomas Rawls blew him in the weeds his last season here for crying out loud!!

Lets bring back Thomas Rawls people!! :3-1:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PNW":2rjsjl6o said:
Sgt. Largent":2rjsjl6o said:
Marshawn Lynch is a national treasure, no one loves him more than me.

But no thanks, we've got enough good RB's, especially with Penny coming back. If that changes between now and the playoffs? Sure, let's kick the tires.

But now? I don't see the point other than just paying for some more Lynch awesomeness in the locker and interview room.
I should have clarified......I meant closer to playoff time. Although if we were going to sign him maybe giving him a game or two in the regular season to warm back up could be beneficial.

I know we all love Lynch, but this is a scenario no one wants, because it means Carson, Penny and Hyde are out for the playoffs.

We saw what that looked like last year, Homer and geriatric Beastmode don't make for a very good playoff tandem.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Lynch is a great "break glass in an emergency" button and there's a lot of nostalgia there, but plan A is for Carson to actually be available in the playoffs this season. We're using him sparingly now and he just needs to make it through four more weeks.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":3huo46ga said:
sutz":3huo46ga said:
Is this gonna be an annual thing until Marshawn turns 60? :34853_doh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay Steve, that genuinely made me LOL.

To answer some other's questions, there's no confusing a retired Lynch for a healthy and younger Carson or Hyde. I don't think that's ever the point. Last year it was due to a depleted running back room and it was a fantastic bridge and salute to our past while infusing the team and fans with a level of excitement and rally-around-ness that is hard to quantify but very rewarding. When he catapulted into the endzone that first time, I would have sworn it was 2013 again and the fans would have agreed.

Sure, in the end, he didn't make the difference for a Super Bowl birth, but he sure as heck wasn't the reason for missing it either. The players love and respect him, I don't ever think there would be an issue adding him even if we have enough RB's on the roster. It's not about production so much as infusion of energy, passion, respect, leadership and bravado you just can't find otherwise.

If he wants to join up again in time for the playoffs, I would not hesitate. Let him be the short-yardage/goal line spark again. If this game really is entertainment, well let the man entertain!

I agree with what your saying no question... I think the problem becomes can they find a roster spot for him and what does the health of the running back position look like coming into the playoffs..

Just my take

LTH

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Seymour":27qrk14c said:
PNW":27qrk14c said:
Bobblehead":27qrk14c said:
Why? We have enough RB's that are just as good and we got Penny coming back. Is Lynch better than them?
In short yardage, goal line situations, durability and mentality yes he is better

Nice try but that statistically is just wrong!! :177692:

Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/102175/inside-seattles-decision-to-pass-from-the-1
I have to go back to play calling when this stat gets thrown out. In the year of XLIX fallout it was brought up by Bevell how few conversions he had as a defense for his play call. It's a stat you cant just look at by itself. What plays were those failures on? I remember one of them. Shotgun, FB to Wilson's left, Beast to his right. At the snap, the FB runs out to the flat and Wilson gives it to Lynch up the middle on a delayed handoff. I don't consider that to be a failure of Lynch to grind out 1 yard. When your play calling goes against your strengths, it's not the player's failure. Kinda like using Graham to block on a 3rd and 4 while the WRs go on 15 yard routes, instead of having him box out the defender at the line to gain.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Nah he's too busy giving out turkeys these days. :p

[youtube]IShdJ4wZy2U[/youtube]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just read that he said he would come back, but only for a team thats in the Super Bowl. Whats he going to do, wait until the playoffs are over before he wants to sign?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I love what Marshawn did for us... but if we need him for a playoff run we are in deep shit.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3a31xx6w said:
I love what Marshawn did for us... but if we need him for a playoff run we are in deep $h!t.

LOL.. yup.

getnasty

Reaction score
He averaged like 2 ypc last year in his short stint, no thanks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":qo2ebxvj said:
I also dislike RBs who score 4 TDs in 3 games.

Yeah who needs that garbage?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
He won’t sign with the Hawks. He clearly wants to play with a Super Bowl winning team. He won’t come out a day it but he knows the Hawks are not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Watching the Playoff game this morning and it was kinda electric in Green Bay for that Divisional game. It is interesting that he had a couple games to warm up. His first run was 3yds which helped a tid bit. Watching the rest of the game shortly after priorities are done.

A thought tho....I wonder if he would go to the Bills as they are doing REALLY well this year?....or has that ship sailed too.

:stirthepot:

94Smith

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks are better with Carson and Hyde. They need to just stay healthy. Carson is a very strong short yardage back. I think at this stage that is all you would be really getting with Lynch.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I would love to have him again. People where to harsh on what he came in and did for us last year. Saying he was washed up etc. Just not true. Still can catch the ball and move. Still scored TDs.

However, if we have Carson, hyde and now penny back I think we will be fine. If one of them goes down call up beast. I like homer and dallas, but if we are in playoffs again...we would have a better chance using lynch to spell Carson, hyde or penny combos.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't see the point. Marshawn wouldn't help us on the field. Fine, bring him in as a RB coach/consultant, if anything. Carson, Hyde, Penny can get it done, just need to distribute the workload and have at least 2 out of 3 healthy for playoffs.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I don't think there is a bigger Seahawk than Marshawn Lynch. I believe as all of you, Marshawn got robbed of his second ring because of a piss poor call.
Nothing would be better than to give him the ball at the goal line to win another SB.

Latest posts