So I saw a post on our corners

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The fact that some players are struggling and some are out there making plays argues against the fact that it's the coach - at least schematically.

After Shaq's interception, he started playing noticeably different - making his coverages tighter, more physical, etc. Cornerbacks do bear responsibility for their technique and aggression in that way, just like players in any other position. Shaq's improvement lasted about a quarter. Tre never even got there. I'm seeing a lot of confidence problems.

That can still be on Norton. It can also be on COVID.

But schematically, I have yet to see anyone (besides a couple Fade points I spotted just now) provide any X's and O's explanation (besides the usual surface-level "soft zone" complaints) of why Norton is sucking. And there's still the near-total lack of pass rush, though there were definitely some inspiring moments from Quem and Alton, to account for the struggles.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
getnasty":ygcyuyhq said:
Shanegotyou11":ygcyuyhq said:
Was ken norton the DC two years ago??

Shaq was rated 3rd worst CB in PFF. Last year he became average and this yeare he is on pace to be bottom again. This was his 1st pick in 30 games as well. He is not who people want him to be.

He was much better then average last year.

Yes u are right he was 14th and i believe like 103 the year before and this yr he is at bottom.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We were 26th against the pass last year.

Only in the middle on scoring because we ran the clock down for 3/4.

We were not a good defense. Norton was NEVER a good DC.

Not here.

Not in Oakland.

Not anywhere.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3v5tj80v said:

Not here.

Not in Oakland.

Not anywhere.

Is this as deep as you intend to go?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3pyqwnvn said:
TwistedHusky":3pyqwnvn said:

Not here.

Not in Oakland.

Not anywhere.

Is this as deep as you intend to go?

Yup!

We're 3-0 so we should obviously run everybody out of town.

All these defensive geniuses on this board are living in the past. In the LOB days we would be celebrating the Quandre hit last week, this year, he's tossed from the game & we're given a 15 yard penalty. Defenses are getting torched all over the NFL including all 3 teams we played because their hands are tied.

We obviously have some problems that need to be fixed but running everybody out of town will not fix it. We have guys pining for Dan Quinn to get fired so we can bring him back & the Atlanta Falcons are the absolute worst team in the league for total 4th quarter collapses, & they're not all that bad on paper, but I'm sure that he'd fix it all immediately.

Own The West

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2hj4taez said:
This is totally unacceptable only being 3-0 when we should be 5-0 already.

^ Best .net quote of the week. :lol:

Blair's gone. We had Dunbar, Thorpe and Hill game day scratches. Then Adams went down. All while playing one of the top offenses in the league. What kind of day were they supposed to have?

One thing I found puzzling though is that our DBs were facing up on the line with receivers then bailing without trying to jam. Both Flowers and Griffin are pretty long. Were they jamming at some point and I missed it? Seemed weird they didn't try to disrupt more.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2cq1ot2a said:
Obviously we need to run everybody that ever makes a mistake out of town.

Totally unacceptable.

It's the historically bad defense.

We're not 1-2 by the absolute skin of our teeth.

If i had any play to run from the 1 yd line with 2 seconds on the clock, and you gave me the entire NFL to pick and choose who has the ball and what play, I'd pick Cam Newton with a designed run. Yet we prevailed.

Likewise, it took 2 missed xtra points, a failed 2 pt conversion, a converted 2 pt conversion off of a roughing the passer, and 5 TDs/0 picks from Russ to pull this off. And let's not forget the fumbled kick return at the 1, which is an anomaly of the highest order.

Hope you're not banking on that every week.

I mean based on your response you're for Flowers starting next week, vs say a bum off the street who has 2 teeth and a gimp?

I'll take the latter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, DK left 7 on the board. Can't ignore that. It goes both ways. Also, the Hawks dropped 2 picks in the game that would have changed things.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Awww man, Shaquill Griffin is okay.

Dunbar looks to be good.

Man, Flowers, man, he is just not it.

Flowers' game just is not blossoming (see what I did there).

He is by far the weakest link on the defense (that includes a non-existent pass rush).

Seattle needs to rid themselves of Flowers or at least not play him cause if you continue to play him, Seattle will lose games because the guy just cannot play at the high level needed to win consistently play after play.

When a receiver goes one-on-one with Trey Flowers the receiver has the advantage 90% of the time.

That is just awful.

I fully expect Flowers to get beat each and every time he lines up on a receiver (any receiver).

It can be the teams 6th best receiver, Flowers will still get burned.

The guy needs Miracle Grow, water and a lot sun cause it is just not working out with him by himself.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Momofantv

Reaction score
We need to bundle flowers and a pick maybe 4th or something to a team for a DE maybe Kerrigan from Washington If it’s not too late since chase young is Injured. Maybe to philly for fletcher cox since they are out of the playoff race

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Optimus25":txxfsv5b said:
Hockey Guy":txxfsv5b said:
Obviously we need to run everybody that ever makes a mistake out of town.

Totally unacceptable.

It's the historically bad defense.

We're not 1-2 by the absolute skin of our teeth.

If i had any play to run from the 1 yd line with 2 seconds on the clock, and you gave me the entire NFL to pick and choose who has the ball and what play, I'd pick Cam Newton with a designed run. Yet we prevailed.

Likewise, it took 2 missed xtra points, a failed 2 pt conversion, a converted 2 pt conversion off of a roughing the passer, and 5 TDs/0 picks from Russ to pull this off. And let's not forget the fumbled kick return at the 1, which is an anomaly of the highest order.

Hope you're not banking on that every week.

I mean based on your response you're for Flowers starting next week, vs say a bum off the street who has 2 teeth and a gimp?

I'll take the latter.

Cool story but I saw us win 3 games & we had a few things go against us too, it's not just the opposition getting bad breaks as you'd like me to believe. I watched the games too.

Like everyone else, I think our defense needs some major work but unlike some here, my solution isn't to just fire everybody on the spot & hope Atlanta fires the coach in charge of the biggest defensive dumpster fire in the NFL & we bring him back mid-season. Defenses are struggling all over the league so it can't just be "all our players & coaches suck so we should replace them immediately". Every Monday here is always "over-reaction Monday".

We've played 3 really good top 10 offensive teams so far & I'm willing to see where we are after playing a more broad cross section of NFL teams. I guess if we're still giving up 400+ yards every week to teams like the Dolphins, Giants & Jets, I'll panic. Until then, I will not be firing the entire coaching staff or participating in the doom & gloom of "over-reaction Monday".

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Momofantv":1igewogp said:
We need to bundle flowers and a pick maybe 4th or something to a team for a DE maybe Kerrigan from Washington If it’s not too late since chase young is Injured. Maybe to philly for fletcher cox since they are out of the playoff race
It's technically too early to call them out of the race of the playoffs, anything can happen. However given the state of things I think we can comfortably say that they're most likely not going to make the playoffs. That being said, if we could bundle Flowers and a 4th for Cox I'd be all over that, but I think the Eagles would kindly tell the Seahawks to go f#ck themselves.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Momofantv":1iebbsfu said:

If our corners are garbage no one is going to trade for them.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Basis4day":zts6n5ov said:
Momofantv":zts6n5ov said:

If our corners are garbage no one is going to trade for them.

Maybe they don’t know their trash tier? We can hope this is two of the worst organizations in football in philly and Washington I was talking about they don’t have good old Bob to give us stuff completely for free but they might not understand:(

godawg

Reaction score
Another Atlanta loss snatched from the jaws of victory and Dan Quinn should become available. I'd love to see Ken Norton be the linebackers coach again.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I saw a post on our corners and it went for a TD !!!

:lol: :stirthepot:

:snack:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":1yezlpav said:
I saw a post on our corners and it went for a TD !!!

:lol: :stirthepot:

:snack:

:34853_doh:

But true... true.

HawkerD

Reaction score
w00t":1tizyn7t said:
Trey Flowers is garbage. Thank god Ryan neal was in the end zone

Flowers is the definition of hands like feet. Dude can literally not catch a football...period. I have never seen a guy in position to make a play and somehow does not get his hand on the ball. Its actually a statistical anomaly. If a blind guy was in the same position he would have a better chance at defending the pass.

Latest posts