Sonics return

Aircrew

Reaction score
I killed a tv over a Sonics playoff loss and the NBA
killed itself with me by taking the Sonics away with
that scam they pulled.
Bringing a redux Sonics back won't fix it for me.
The game has turned into a steaming pile of horseshit.
It's all about having it all easy..Bunch of 3's with no D
You can travel or double dribble and now they want to
expand on that shit?I'd rather watch a soap.
Perfectly said.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
NBA is boring to watch nowadays anyway like you said its just a 3 point shooting contest, every score is like 130 to 115. When the sonics were around scoring over 100 points was pretty rare. Theres absolutely no defense in NBA anymore
That is how the NBA was in the early to mid 80s than came the Detroit Pistons with the Bad Boys and the Knicks where if you drove down the lane expect to get knocked to the ground where you had 82-80 games. Was it better defense or less talented shooters

fenderbender123

Reaction score
80 points a game is already a great balance of defense and offense, skewed heavily toward offense. Not sure why fans desire more even more scoring than that.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Seems to be heating up a bit now. Should there be a sonics sub forum like the other sports teams yet? TV deal almost done. Then it's expected Seattle/Vegas is announced in possibly weeks. Rumors Andy Jazzy has a bit to do with ownership and some of the other Kraken guys with 4 billion being the cost and Vegas more.

Brock and Salk even talked about it yesterday for the first time in years. I'm wondering if they were asked to put out feelers. I don't love basketball. Very much on the 'if the Sonics are good i'll watch their play off run and maybe attend the odd game every couple of years' type of person.

Brock and Salk asked if you were stoked, still boycotting the NBA, intrigued if they were good or just had no interest.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was a huge Sonics fan back in the mid 90's with all the greats (Payton, Kemp, et al), attending several games in Key Arena...Man that was fun. They were a blast to watch and I was devastated and livid when they were allowed to leave town. 40 years down the tubes like that.

I haven't watched a single game of the NBA since. If they come back, I will watch again, but only Sonics games. I will make sure there will be a Sonics forum added as soon as it is officially announced.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I was a huge Sonics fan back in the mid 90's with all the greats (Payton, Kemp, et al), attending several games in Key Arena...Man that was fun. They were a blast to watch and I was devastated and livid when they were allowed to leave town. 40 years down the tubes like that.

I haven't watched a single game of the NBA since. If they come back, I will watch again, but only Sonics games. I will make sure there will be a Sonics forum added as soon as it is officially announced.

Same here. Stopped watching the NBA after they moved.

Sonics in 95' was a championship team any other season but had to play one of the best teams ever that season, the Bulls.

Those Bulls only lost 10 games that regular season and one of those losses was to the Sonics. Then we won two games in the Finals. So I was still proud of those guys. Loved the Glove.

So all in all, Seattle sports ownerships have ruined professional baseball and basketball for me.