Teams inquired!!+

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":7xqg3kga said:
Everybody seems to think that Pete the stubborn old fool insist on pushing a round peg (aka Wilson), into a square hole aka Pete's system.

After so many years, I just don't believe that. What if Russ has his limitations, the run first was designed to protect Russ's limitations and highlight his strength?

Just a thought.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
I’ve also considered this.

But Carroll does like outside throws down the field and hit them with runs and runs to set up play action.

Carroll believes this is the best way limit turnovers.

To an extent he isn’t wrong, but it’s easily countered if the run isn’t effective, which was Seattle’s problem in the middle of the year and towards the end of the season. Carson could not run well.

kf3339

Reaction score
John63":3fl02erj said:
kf3339":3fl02erj said:
John63":3fl02erj said:
kf3339":3fl02erj said:
The time to have traded Wilson was back in 2015 or 2016 after he got his first extension. I am pretty sure he didn't have a no trade clause on that extension. Now you pretty much have to keep him and build around his strengths. Personally I would have traded him back then only because PC doesn't use or need a QB with his skill set. He has stated more than once that he wants a point guard QB. That isn't Wilson.

I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs.

Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC.

The issue was why PC didn't trade him if he wasn't going to adapt the offense to match his strengths. That is still the issue I have with PC and his choice in OC's. Perhaps this one will be different. We will see.

Wow your right we could have won with any QB....NOT. My point is Wilson was a much bigger part of winning that SB than people believe. Keep in mind he had multiple 4thq wins, doing things a point guard cannot do. If you believe he made no difference in those 2 SB trips and that any avg Qb could have you really did not pay attention at all.

Also, I did not say Wilson won the SB. I said we don't win the Sb with a PG QB.

But again if you think Wilson was basically along for the ride than you really don't get it at all.

Look at his stats for those two games. They are what I'm referring to by my statement. He wasn't the reason they won the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
kf3339":1jin2z1x said:
John63":1jin2z1x said:
kf3339":1jin2z1x said:
John63":1jin2z1x said:
I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs.

Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC.

The issue was why PC didn't trade him if he wasn't going to adapt the offense to match his strengths. That is still the issue I have with PC and his choice in OC's. Perhaps this one will be different. We will see.

Wow your right we could have won with any QB....NOT. My point is Wilson was a much bigger part of winning that SB than people believe. Keep in mind he had multiple 4thq wins, doing things a point guard cannot do. If you believe he made no difference in those 2 SB trips and that any avg Qb could have you really did not pay attention at all.

But again if you think Wilson was basically along for the ride than you really don't get it at all.

Look at his stats for those two games. They are what I'm referring to by my statement. He wasn't the reason they won the Super Bowl.

Okay First I said "I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs."

You then Said "Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC."

Now the problem again is your wrong. How many games in the first season leading the SB and the 2nd did he have to bring us back to win? How many times did he have to make a spectacular play or run? IF you really think you could throw any old QB on that team and still get to and win the SB then I don't know what to tell you. All you got to do is look at the first game of the season, 320 yards passing, 76% complt. Sorry not any old QB can do that. He was the 2nd leading rusher on that team as well with over 500 yards. Not many QBs can do that. He had the most rushing yards by any QB that year. Sorry but it just stupid to think any QB qould have gotten us to the SB and win it. As to the SB itslef Lynch had 39 yards rushing, adn avg 2.6. Wilson kept moving the team adn kept the pressure on Denver. We won TOP despite our RBs avg 2.7 ypc allowign our defense to stay fresh. Like I said believe what you want, but the facts show Wilson was instrumental to our getting to and winning the SB and not just any QB could have done that.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
John63":jn0ewmfa said:
kf3339":jn0ewmfa said:
John63":jn0ewmfa said:
kf3339":jn0ewmfa said:

Okay First I said "I don't disagree with you, PC does not want a QB that can carry a team. he wants Trent Dilfer. Problem is we don't win the SB or get back to another SB with Trent Differ or any point guard QB. Point Guard Qb don't lead 4th qtr comebacks making something out of nothing. So PC is taking out of both sides of his mouth. He does not want one that can carry the team when needed but that is exactly what he needs."

You then Said "Sorry, but Wilson didn't win that Super Bowl we won. Even the next year it was still about the defense and running game with Lynch. Wilson was only there to not lose the games. Distribute the ball and move the chains. His numbers those two years were pedestrian and completely in line with a point guard QB approach. It doesn't diminish his ability to become more than that type of QB, but he wasn't the difference maker in our two SB's with PC."

Now the problem again is your wrong. How many games in the first season leading the SB and the 2nd did he have to bring us back to win? How many times did he have to make a spectacular play or run? IF you really think you could throw any old QB on that team and still get to and win the SB then I don't know what to tell you. All you got to do is look at the first game of the season, 320 yards passing, 76% complt. Sorry not any old QB can do that. He was the 2nd leading rusher on that team as well with over 500 yards. Not many QBs can do that. He had the most rushing yards by any QB that year. Sorry but it just stupid to think any QB qould have gotten us to the SB and win it. As to the SB itslef Lynch had 39 yards rushing, adn avg 2.6. Wilson kept moving the team adn kept the pressure on Denver. We won TOP despite our RBs avg 2.7 ypc allowign our defense to stay fresh. Like I said believe what you want, but the facts show Wilson was instrumental to our getting to and winning the SB and not just any QB could have done that.

2 time SB champ Eli Dilfer disagrees with your view.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2t3k1i18 said:
John63":2t3k1i18 said:
kf3339":2t3k1i18 said:
John63":2t3k1i18 said:

2 time SB champ Eli Dilfer disagrees with your view.
who is Eli Dilfer? And what dostbthatbhave to do with the Hawks? Answer nothing