That game should settle one thing...

uncle fester

Reaction score
If he plays like today, you pay him and find away to maneuver other money around.

Was coming here to say exactly the same.

Unbelievable performance.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
nanomoz":2rw5d69r said:
And they schemed to use him. Surprised me. Kam and Earl had two sacks combine in their Hawks careers.

This, wow. I forgot pete could actually put a different D-scheme together.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Also a great post game interview. Seems like a good character guy for the org along with a bunch of other hawks I would put in that category.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The dude loves the game and brings so much juice. He's definitely a keeper.

justafan

Reaction score
That was the first time I watched a complete game that Adams has played in. I havent watched a Jets game in years. I have seen highlights of him but never knew he had true gamechanger ability. He will change this D. Pay the man.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mikeak":2ssufusu said:
HawkerD":2ssufusu said:
mikeak":2ssufusu said:
It settles NOTHING

Most of us perplexed by the trade were not arguing that he isn't an all-star.

We were arguing that he will likely sit out after this year if he isn't given a massive contract and we question if Seattle will. The value of the trade is dependent on his play AND an extension being agreed upon

if not a payday for this guy then who? He will get paid by the hawks if he stays healthy this year. He will set the bar for safety.

I am not arguing that he shouldn't be paid. I am questioning if Seattle will pay him what he wants. They do hold the upper hand by his fifth year option and threat of a franchise tag so hopefully that works.

My only point is when you trade away two first rounders for a guy on year 4 of his contract then the situation is more complex than just his level of play

Well by then perhaps the situation would be settled one way or another and either way we'll be back with our first round draft choice, which is and has been even more precarious than whether or not Adams will resign. I'm guessing some in the front office is well aware of the situation.

sutz

Reaction score
Unclear now what the economic situation might do to the Cap moving forward. Hopefully, by next offseason it will be clarified somewhat.

(Not trying to be political here, but there is a bit of economic stress going on out there. ;) )

That could certainly have an affect on contracts in the near future.

seabowl

Reaction score
Awesome performance yes but it's 1 game. Khalil Mack was awesome too for the Bears but has fallen off somewhat. Let's just wait and see if he can keep consistently playing at this kind of level.

Definitely exciting to see though.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Rat":1752b9xg said:
Speaking of that trade, it looks like McDougald had a solid debut for the Jets, at least statistically: 8 tackles with a pass deflection and a fumble recovery. Good for him.

Although Josh Allen had, by far, the most passing yards of his career, so it's possible he wasn't great in coverage. I'll have to get a Jets fan opinion on that, as I did not watch the game.

McDougald is a very good player, which is why so much draft capital seemed very steep. But if Adams keeps up the pace he set in game 1 it's all good.

Why would anyone choose RAT for their username?

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3qlgc29n said:
Why would anyone choose RAT for their username?

There may be any number of reasons, but it's (arguably, of course) perhaps the perfect mammal design on the planet. Rats are TOUGH beyond belief, and they are SMART. I have never had one, but they can make great pets if given plenty of personal attention.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jerhawk":expgsjaj said:
He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

However, like discussed earlier, the worry is having him long term, not just a rental.

Admittedly we could have him for 4 years between rookie contract and franchise tags if we wanted to. But I think we'll work out an agreement if he keeps playing like this. No desire for malcontents if we can avoid it.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Mad Dog":124rn55i said:
Jerhawk":124rn55i said:
He was a lot of fun to watch. He was incredibly disruptive and came as advertised.

However, like discussed earlier, the worry is having him long term, not just a rental.

Admittedly we could have him for 4 years between rookie contract and franchise tags if we wanted to. But I think we'll work out an agreement if he keeps playing like this. No desire for malcontents if we can avoid it.

Yeah, he could have us over a barrell if he really wants to, and this might be naïve, but I think he is just passionately competitive and won't cause trouble as long as we're winning.

He is going to get an insane deal though, and it's going up by the week.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The smart thing for him may very well be to ask for the franchise tag, and put off signing a long-term contract for when the cap gets back on track.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
That was Adams first game, after coming in mid off-season, limited submersion because of Covid (plus everything else) against a pretty solid offense with high round talent at every offensive starting position within a defensive scheme that has rarely allowed safeties to, more or less, smartly freelance unless they were playing out of their minds.

For all the hooplah, Jets fans are pushing out in safety Marcus Maye’s week 1 stat-line, he was the 39th overall pick in the same draft class as Adams. It’s not like Gregg Williams is making magic out of nothing. Maye isn’t top ten first round talent but was still drafted top 40 overall even after Jets took Adams at #6. Maye also is in 4th season , in midst of his 2nd with Gregg Williams... so Maye has much more familiarity and continuity with the Jets than Adams has had with the Seahawks.

But Adams almost played like he’s been here his whole career, I just think him and Shaq need to iron things out, and Shaq seemed out of sorts because he’s not used to his SS moving all over the place kind of leaving Griffin on island, more so than ever, in make or break opportunities. We’ll see if Shaq rises up as him and Adams gets more acclimated together.

But Adams is a force, the thing I’m most excited about is, Wagner has a signature hold-up tackle, that stonewalls ball-carriers but keeps them on their feet. When Adams and Wagner get more chemistry together, along with the emergence of Blair and the scrappiness of Diggs, I see a lot of FF coming our way for teams that choose attack the middle of the field.

Latest posts