The 2019 Recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tical21

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1coui1g7 said:
Petersen didn't inherit anything worthwhile from Sark. He took a team mostly full of 3 stars and a few 4 stars and won the conference...twice. This year Washington will have much more talent out on the field although it will be younger. Look out, Pac12.

The issue I would have with Cristobal is that he is very Sark-like. Wins a game he shouldn't but then loses 2 or 3 he should've won. Also, I watched the body language of of the Oregon players in some games this year and I saw some things I didn't like especially when they got behind. Well, I liked it because it was Oregon, but you know what I mean.

Let's also not forget that Cristobal has not only been fired as a head coach, but has also been demoted as an assistant coach...twice.
Nothin from nothin but I think Sark left the cupboard pretty full. Ton of guys went into the NFL. First/second rounders, too.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Tical21":1lklocc8 said:
fenderbender123":1lklocc8 said:
Petersen didn't inherit anything worthwhile from Sark. He took a team mostly full of 3 stars and a few 4 stars and won the conference...twice. This year Washington will have much more talent out on the field although it will be younger. Look out, Pac12.

The issue I would have with Cristobal is that he is very Sark-like. Wins a game he shouldn't but then loses 2 or 3 he should've won. Also, I watched the body language of of the Oregon players in some games this year and I saw some things I didn't like especially when they got behind. Well, I liked it because it was Oregon, but you know what I mean.

Let's also not forget that Cristobal has not only been fired as a head coach, but has also been demoted as an assistant coach...twice.
Nothin from nothin but I think Sark left the cupboard pretty full. Ton of guys went into the NFL. First/second rounders, too.

I was probably being a little too hyperbolic. There were some talented players for sure. But if you look at Petersen's track record with getting guys into the NFL, you gotta think he had a big part in coaching these guys up.

From a pure recruiting talent standpoint though the team that Petersen inherited is not as talented as the teams that we will see on the field these next couple of years.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Tical21":t7jmj339 said:
fenderbender123":t7jmj339 said:

Were Ross and Pettis not Sark recruits. Huskies havent had anywhere close to that quality of WR since.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
And BTW, Oregon is NOT our rival, never were, USC is.[/quote]

News to me, when I think of rivals I think of Notre Dame, when I think of a team that is as annoying AF and always in need of a bitch slapping I think UCLA. When I think UW I think of a team that has earned respect, primarily due to Don James.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2vpyjeb3 said:
Anajimmc":2vpyjeb3 said:
And BTW, Oregon is NOT our rival, never were, USC is.

News to me, when I think of rivals I think of Notre Dame, when I think of a team that is as annoying AF and always in need of a bitch slapping I think UCLA. When I think UW I think of a team that has earned respect, primarily due to Don James.

Point taken, more in my time than now.

The real point is that we don't acknowledge a program that is the play thing of a billionaire.

It's not a traditional football program, it's a brand built by Nike and Sweat-shop Phil.[/quote]

For not acknowledging them, you sure do talk about them a lot. You talk about Oregon more than us Oregon fans do. This forum would be nicer if you did in fact not acknowledge them. Or If you spent more time talking positively about your school rather then bashing ours.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread is locked and several posts are being reviewed by the moderation for persistently being off topic and basic instigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.