The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Good thing that wasn't a 7 inning double header game. :twisted:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Today's 12:40 rubber game could be a low-hits Means-vs-Kikuchi pitching duel. Scoreless going into the 7th wouldn't surprise me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ruminator":uti0axay said:
Today's 12:40 rubber game could be a low-hits Means-vs-Kikuchi pitching duel. Scoreless going into the 7th wouldn't surprise me.
With the Mariners offense and all of the sub .200 averages I expect every game to be low scoring, for them anyhow. :?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
M’s being perfectoed by a guy with a 93-94 fastball. LOL.
Team full of AAAA players. Hopefully the clowns in the ownership and front office pull their heads out and soon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3 outs from being no hit. And the ONLY base runner struck out, but it was a wild pitch.
Literally ONE ball hit hard the entire game up thru the 8th inning.
Wow, while I'm stoked for the future of this team, the offense is putrid, often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jru5c8l said:
3 outs from being no hit. And the ONLY base runner struck out, but it was a wild pitch.
Wow, while I'm stoked for the future of this team, the offense is putrid, often.
That explains why there was no perfect game then.
Saw no hits, and no walks, no HBP, and was thinking WTF?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle’s starting line-up BA’s after the game today.

Everyone with the exception of Lewis with a BA of under .200 needs to go to Tacoma including the bench guys.

Let’s start up the Tacoma shuttle. Too many half assed plate appearances.
Either the guys are too comfortable up here and or they are not very good.

Cant wait to hear the excuses after this one.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Woooow... well i thought 2021 was thee year the M’s are successful. I moved out of the area so i do not get root sports anymore. But i try to keep up with their highlights. They are only 2.5 games out have they really been that bad? I mean the averages are terrible so i guess that answers that lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":mze399oy said:
Woooow... well i thought 2021 was thee year the M’s are successful. I moved out of the area so i do not get root sports anymore. But i try to keep up with their highlights. They are only 2.5 games out have they really been that bad? I mean the averages are terrible so i guess that answers that lol
They also have a negative run differential.
Their record is smoke and mirrors and only because the bullpen has been so good until recently.

Threedee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":26rc49fi said:

M's have long been a blessing for opposing pitchers' ERA.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Think I’m tuning this team out until Kelenic and friends get called up.
Not worth my time watching this crap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1hmbhsig said:
Hey, look, I'm the only one not disappointed.

Not to say I told you so, buuuuuuuut.........
I’m a fan of baseball. That’s why I have stuck with this crap organization and crap ownership.
I’m not going to be a “front runner” and root for the yankees.

The Mariners are going to be hurting in a hurry, you have the Kraken starting in October and the Sonics will be back in a couple of years. The Mariners with the same philosophy are going to be at the bottom of the pro sports food chain in this city unless they seriously change their philosophy pronto.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ygwkdab said:
Maulbert":2ygwkdab said:

I’m a fan of baseball. That’s why I have stuck with this crap organization and crap ownership.

The Mariners are going to be hurting in a hurry, you have the Kraken starting in October and the Sonics will be back in a couple of years. The Mariners with the same philosophy are going to be at the bottom of the pro sports food chain in this city unless they seriously change their philosophy pronto.

I like baseball, too. And I am a Mariners fan. I rather hate the Yankees, and I hate front runner fans. However, I reached a point about 8 years ago where I decided I would not give any money to this team until it can give anything back. Ownership cares more about the bottom line than fielding a competitive team, and this became abundantly clear to me when they started fighting Chris Hansen's attempt to bring back the Sonics. They have earned nothing but my contempt, so until this team actually shows up in meaningful games in September, I will see right through every false start they show us. They have not earned my faith, and my hope does not spring eternal. They owe me, and they won't get one red cent until they show they actually give a shit about Seattle. And yes, I will laugh at every foolish optimist this team leads on, because it's the closest thing to joy this team gives me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":19woewty said:
Sports Hernia":19woewty said:
Maulbert":19woewty said:

I like baseball, too. And I am a Mariners fan. I rather hate the Yankees, and I hate front runner fans. However, I reached a point about 8 years ago where I decided I would not give any money to this team until it can give anything back. Ownership cares more about the bottom line than fielding a competitive team, and this became abundantly clear to me when they started fighting Chris Hansen's attempt to bring back the Sonics. They have earned nothing but my contempt, so until this team actually shows up in meaningful games in September, I will see right through every false start they show us. They have not earned my faith, and my hope does not spring eternal. They owe me, and they won't get one red cent until they show they actually give a shit about Seattle. And yes, I will laugh at every foolish optimist this team leads on, because it's the closest thing to joy this team gives me.
Agree with much of what you said. Them blocking CH’s efforts to bring back the Sonics chapped my hide.

I have exactly paid for 2 mariner games since 2010.

One was opening day 2017, the other was when my nephew’s LLWS team was being honored pre-game by the mariners in 2014.

I have bought exactly zero dollars worth of M’s merchandise since before 2010.

I won’t pay for that crap product that was out there today.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I will be going to two games this season. May 29th vs Rangers and May 31st vs Oakland.

Why am I throwing money away? Why not just take the tickets and burn them in my backyard?

Because they're digital only tickets and I need to go to a sporting event lol...

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3s4p1jqz said:

I wonder if they are having a reaction to the Zduriencik years, where players were being brought up and not developing into successful pros. Many speculated that they were failing because they were being brought up too early. Nowadays, the memo to DiPoto and Servais might be to wait as long as possible on these matters. Because, otherwise I've got nothing in terms of speculating about what the **** is going on.

sutz

Reaction score
Threedee":19x2cs6p said:
Sports Hernia":19x2cs6p said:

I wonder if they are having a reaction to the Zduriencik years, where players were being brought up and not developing into successful pros. Many speculated that they were failing because they were being brought up too early. Nowadays, the memo to DiPoto and Servais might be to wait as long as possible on these matters. Because, otherwise I've got nothing in terms of speculating about what the **** is going on.
We have one example of that right now. It is pretty apparent that Evan White can't hit major league pitching. He desperately needs some time at AAA and I expect him to be sent down to Tacoma soon. His gold glove at 1st base doesn't warrant his abysmal performance at the plate. Corner infielders need to hit better than .200. I know folks are saying, "That won't happen with Kelenic or Julio" but I'm not convinced. Bringing kids up that fast doesn't work that often. The majority of the time it just gets them in trouble. Some are called up, only to fail and never recover. Others can take years to figure it out.

We're all impatient for the brass ring. But rushing the process is the wrong approach. Y'all gonna do what you do. I'll keep hanging in there.