The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

DJrmb

Reaction score
Threedee":2u2x5scf said:
IndyHawk":2u2x5scf said:
Great game today..
Thepeel-I don't know if you knew besides White that Crawford and Lewis also won gold gloves.
But yeah when you think back it has been awhile since we had multiple winners before last season.

That is great to see.
Lewis actually won rookie of the year, not a gold glove. The AL gold glove winner at CF was Luis Robert.

Threedee

Reaction score
DJrmb":2q78x96v said:
Threedee":2q78x96v said:
IndyHawk":2q78x96v said:
Great game today..
Thepeel-I don't know if you knew besides White that Crawford and Lewis also won gold gloves.
But yeah when you think back it has been awhile since we had multiple winners before last season.

That is great to see.
Lewis actually won rookie of the year, not a gold glove. The AL gold glove winner at CF was Luis Robert.

Crawford is exciting, because, we have been waiting for an all-star SS ever since A-Roid left. The closet we have gotten was Jean Segura.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1nu1lwhx said:
Lots to be excited about with the direction of this team. However, Yusei should not be a part of that direction. He's just not good. He makes me long for the days of Silva Baseball again.

I can't imagine they'd be willing to pick up his 4th year option, and they shouldn't. I'd rather see them move on ASAP and see what they have in one of the kids.

Agreed 100%. He makes me nervous on the mound.

Always seems to have control issues at crucial moments

sutz

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1b64keqj said:
Thepeelsessions":1b64keqj said:
Lots to be excited about with the direction of this team. However, Yusei should not be a part of that direction. He's just not good. He makes me long for the days of Silva Baseball again.

I can't imagine they'd be willing to pick up his 4th year option, and they shouldn't. I'd rather see them move on ASAP and see what they have in one of the kids.

Agreed 100%. He makes me nervous on the mound.

Always seems to have control issues at crucial moments
After all the hype, it's hard not to be a bit disappointed in YK. He's in his 3rd year. He should be acclimated by now. :229031_shrug:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Already down 2-0 early to Houston.

Need more offense.

I know BA isn’t the end all be all of stats anymore but 5 of the 9 starters having a BA starting with a 1.

sutz

Reaction score
Indeed, Regular guys getting some wood on the ball, but they need the other guys to step it up to turn them into runs.

Yeah, too many guys under the mendoza line. :229031_shrug:

sutz

Reaction score
Kyle Lewis with a long ball. Good to see him heating up. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sheffield is not a good or even decent pitcher IMHO.
Just another in a long list of failed over rated yankee prospects the Mariners FO fell for.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ffqfwve8 said:
Sheffield is not a good or even decent pitcher IMHO.
Just another in a long list of failed over rated yankee prospects the Mariners FO fell for.
OR.....Just another in a long list of failed pitching acquisitions Dipoto fell for.

I'd rather have Sheffield than Kikuchi, TBH.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":92fn8qme said:
starting to lose patience with the dylan moore experience
Man, it's Brendan Ryan all over again. He's somethink like 3 for his last 45. But at least he's not on pace to shatter the strikeout record like Trammell is. So he has that going for him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2zg9160f said:
Crizilla":2zg9160f said:
starting to lose patience with the dylan moore experience
Man, it's Brendan Ryan all over again. He's somethink like 3 for his last 45. But at least he's not on pace to shatter the strikeout record like Trammell is. So he has that going for him.
It’s time to bring up JK. You have over half your starting line up with a BA starting with a 1.

I’m confident Kelenic can do better than that, right now. No other reason to keep him down other than to cover their asses to put distance between the arb clock deadline and when they finally call him up.

They want an “out” when folks accuse them of doing what they did. That way they can say “if the arbitration argument was true, we would have brought him up the next day”. It’s a CYA move.

I like Trammell’s potential, I think he will be very good, sooner than later.
He is a human strikeout machine right now, he seems to be 0-2 as soon as he steps in the batters box.
Time for him to figure it out in Tacoma or Peoria if the Rainers haven’t started yet.

sutz

Reaction score
Given how the Evan White 'experiment' is going, I'm not surprised they're being a bit cautious with Kelenic and want to see him hit against AAA pitching a few games, at least. It's starting to look like White might need a week or so at Tacoma when they get started.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":36flfo0z said:
Given how the Evan White 'experiment' is going, I'm not surprised they're being a bit cautious with Kelenic and want to see him hit against AAA pitching a few games, at least. It's starting to look like White might need a week or so at Tacoma when they get started.
That may be the Mariners “reasoning” but any one with 2 eyes can see the talent level with the bat they are in different universes. They are in CYA mode, see my post above.

Trammell needs to be sent down, I can see them keeping White up for his defense but if they sent most of the hitters that are regulars who’ve played most of April and who’s BA starts with a 1 I wouldn’t be sad or upset.

getnasty

Reaction score
Kelenic needs to be brought up like yesterday. The kid is a stud with tons of confidence. Even if he were to struggle i just don't see it getting to him like a Zunino or Ackley. Kelenic has to much swag.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":1fq8ein4 said:
Kelenic needs to be brought up like yesterday. The kid is a stud with tons of confidence. Even if he were to struggle i just don't see it getting to him like a Zunino or Ackley. Kelenic has to much swag.
Yep. Confidence or being over matched won’t be a problem.

To quote Bob Uecker in the movie Major League... “Two ****ing hits?”

And Seager had them both. Seems like some players are feeling a little too comfortable @ the MLB level.
Time to start shipping non preforming butts to Tacoma or the alternate site.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Might as well bring up the boys now. Tired of seeing Vlad Jr, Acuna, and Ohtani doing work at the plate.