The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Of course Skubal gets his career high in strikeouts against us, and likely his first win of the season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1nb2yy89 said:
Of course Skubal gets his career high in strikeouts against us, and likely his first win of the season.
But but but they got 5 hits!!!!!!!

Nevermind, I can’t even fake excitement. :oops:

sutz

Reaction score
Time to move JK down in the batting order to 4-6 or so. Let him watch the first half of the order and how they handle the pitcher. Right now, he's not handling big league pitchers at all.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":1na15jv1 said:
Time to move JK down in the batting order to 4-6 or so. Let him watch the first half of the order and how they handle the pitcher. Right now, he's not handling big league pitchers at all.

Yep. Thankfully he's only 21 so plenty of time to learn and grow.

But he's struggling and my worst fears of Ackley 2.0 are starting to resurface

Putting Kelenic as lead off was neat for his first few games (I guess) but I don't see the point anymore

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1m1ve7ox said:
sutz":1m1ve7ox said:

Yep. Thankfully he's only 21 so plenty of time to learn and grow.

But he's struggling and my worst fears of Ackley 2.0 are starting to resurface

Putting Kelenic as lead off was neat for his first few games (I guess) but I don't see the point anymore
I’d have no problem dropping him in the order, even to the 2 hole would take some pressure off.
He usually puts the ball in play, if he had guys on base in front of him that would turn some of his outs with nobody on, into productive outs.

He’s not going to be Ackley2.0, Kelenic is way more talented than Ackley, watch and see.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Time to fast track JRod and Cal..No point in kidding ourselves with
this offense.
Lets get a nice high pick in draft and a bunch of good prospects in
trades bye bye Kyle and Mitch.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zmxdy6z said:
Time to fast track JRod and Cal..No point in kidding ourselves with
this offense.
Lets get a nice high pick in draft and a bunch of good prospects in
trades bye bye Kyle and Mitch.

Hanniger should've been traded a couple years ago. Right now while he's healthy and producing is the prime time to get some value for Mitch. He's going to waste on this team right now.

Seager is in the last year of his contract with a team option for next year. He should've been moved a few years ago. Hopefully the Ms put some feelers out for what theyd get for him

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
JRod isn’t coming up anytime soon. I think the soonest would be near the end of the season. Cal probably should come up as catcher is a disaster as of now, but is he ready?

Obviously it is way too early to ring the alarm on Kelenic, but it’s not an ideal start. I was hoping he would at least be decent and spark the offense, instead he’s really struggled. As for the Ackley comparison, I’m pretty sure Ackley was considered just as good if not better than Kelenic at this point in their careers. I’m a bit surprised Kelenic is striking out as much as he is, striking out on 25% of his at bats.

I think the rotation is solid, a ton of guys who are probably #3 starters. We still need an ace. The infield is a mess, and the outfield remains hopeful with the young prospects. I just have little hope they pan out with our track record with first round draft picks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3mnzyr9a said:
At least they had a lead for half an inning.
Down 8-1 in the 2nd inning, LOL.

The inevitable yearly sinking of the Mariners season.

[youtube]WChTqYlDjtI[/youtube]

Jerhawk

Reaction score
16-1... Oof. Glad that's over.

Maybe one day we'll have a team like the Padres.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Jerhawk":36jbi7go said:

Whew! Glad we're way better than that awful team, the Pirates, who just got blown out by the Braves 1-20!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think I hate the Mariners more than any other professional sports team. More than the Yankees, Lakers, Patriots, you name it. How can you not? They’re an absolute garbage franchise who is ran by incompetent people. As much as I hate to see them struggle, all you can do is laugh.

Threedee

Reaction score
Ruminator":uxzi0dnk said:
Jerhawk":uxzi0dnk said:

Whew! Glad we're way better than that awful team, the Pirates, who just got blown out by the Braves 1-20!

The Padres do have a top four record right now, so, the Pirates' humiliation might be greater than ours. Only time will tell.

sutz

Reaction score
I must admit, I did something I don't usually do last night. I started watching the game, but turned it off after the 4th inning IIRC, because I couldn't stay awake. Watching other teams take batting practice really isn't all that interesting.

Wake up this morning to see that I didn't really miss much.

Why is Kelenic still leading off? :34853_doh:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The NBA game was an easy choice to watch over the M’s last night. NBA and NHL playoffs will keep me from watching them for a couple months. Once those end, NFL will be right around the corner.