IndyHawk

Reaction score
All that pitching talent in the minors and you would think one
has to be better than Montero.
I looked up his stats and he had one good year off of 22 games
pitched Yikes.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tigers are a solid example of a failed rebuild. They’ve been rebuilding for about five years now and the prospects have not really worked out. Hopefully ours rebuild is better than the Tigers.

Kikuchi actually not pitching that bad, the two run home run he gave up was down and away. He looks like our most reliable starting pitcher as of now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2m8hy17i said:
Tigers are a solid example of a failed rebuild. They’ve been rebuilding for about five years now and the prospects have not really worked out. Hopefully ours rebuild is better than the Tigers.

Kikuchi actually not pitching that bad, the two run home run he gave up was down and away. He looks like our most reliable starting pitcher as of now.
Kikuchi was “nibbling” at the strike zone the first 2 innings. That’s where he got into trouble.
Pitched well the last 4 innings, couldn’t avoid that one crap inning which has been his problem in his MLB career.

M’s offense back into anemic mode, just 2 hits thru 6. :34853_doh: :pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Broken record alert: Seattle being no hit thru 4.
Kelenic only base runner via walk (and SB).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow this offense is embarrassingly bad. I try to be optimistic with this team, but still feels like we are so far away from contention.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Fire Tim Laker

We're on .Net so it's the right thing to do after Fire Bevell and Fire Norton.

Our hitting stinks. It's abysmal. Fire Laker!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2eqx18qe said:
Fire Tim Laker

This pathetic offense is in danger of being no-hit every time out.
This team is losing me quick.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We got no hit like two weeks ago. Didn’t we have a game last week where we didn’t get our first hit until the like 8th inning? Whether or not we get a hit before the end of the game, that’s awful.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20eqzgt8 said:
Jerhawk":20eqzgt8 said:
Fire Tim Laker

This pathetic offense is in danger of being no-hit every time out.
This team is losing me quick.

Yep. Even though they're 21-22, getting no hit twice already is an embarassment. Heads need to roll for this

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don’t even know where to start with the Mariners. This might be a bit of a rant.

We have one guy hitting over .250. We had five guys in the lineup last night hitting under .200, obviously Kelenic is a small sample and will get better, but the last four guys in the lineup were sub .200. I know baseball has shifted to a sport where you don’t hit for average, but it was almost unheard of to hit under .200 about 15 years ago.

As for the future of the team, I know we have all these prospects but I’m very skeptical about them panning our. Between Lewis, Kelenic and Julio Rodriguez, we probably need at least two out of three to be all star good for us to really contend. Lewis faded big time in the second half of the season and hasn’t looked great this season. I’m optimistic about Kelenic and Rodriguez, but history says they will suck like all our prospects. I went back to look at our prior first round picks, here they starting from 2017 to 2005: Evan White, Kyle Lewis, Alex Jackson (6th pick), DJ Peterson, Mike Zunino (3rd pick), Danny Hultzen (2nd pick), Taijuan Walker, Steve Baron, Nick Franklin, Dustin Ackley (2nd pick), Josh Fields, Matt Mangini, Phillippe Aumont, Brandon Morrow (5th pick), and Jeff Clement (3rd pick).

We have literally done nothing with our first round draft picks. The main optimism with Kelenic is we didn’t draft him.

I was actually all for the move to win now when we brought in Cano, Cruz and the other guys., I don’t trust the Mariners with a rebuild by drafting prospects. I’d rather they just buy established guys, even if they’re older. If these prospects don’t work out, we will have wasted a lot of time trying to rebuild. Also rebuild can be another word for going cheap on the payroll, M’s cap has scaled back a lot. In the mid 2010’s, our payroll was usually right around top 12 in MLB, and we would have a payroll in the 100-120 mill range, this year we are near the bottom of the league.

I just see little reason to be optimistic about this franchise.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This "Sea Us Rise" slogan has got to go. More like "Sea us struggle"
I'm furious with this team. I'm angry at the franchise.
They continue to stink with prospects. They couldn't win with Griffey, now they can't win after a long rebuild. *internal growl* Dang it!

Fire Laker! Fire Servais!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
How bad are our hitting coaches to consistently see talented players come up to the bigs and start floundering when they actually face competent major league caliber pitching?? Honestly so embarrasing for this org.. yes I know the bottom half of our lineup is really really bad but the 1-5 in our lineup should not be getting no hit in a year much less twice in 2 weeks. Jesus Christ coaching is just pitiful.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":90otvcuv said:
We got no hit like two weeks ago. Didn’t we have a game last week where we didn’t get our first hit until the like 8th inning? Whether or not we get a hit before the end of the game, that’s awful.
Yes, yes, and yes. :oops:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Time to install a "No-Nos Against Us in 2021" stat category on the scoreboard at T-Mobile Park. With the way things have gone, it's going to happen a few more times before the season is over. Make sure it can display a double-digit number.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Ruminator":14z0ha7k said:
Time to install a "No-Nos Against Us in 2021" stat category on the scoreboard at T-Mobile Park. With the way things have gone, it's going to happen a few more times before the season is over. Make sure it can display a double-digit number.

Honestly at this point do you just go for the 3rd no hitter to make history :lol:

sutz

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3ljr300q said:
Ruminator":3ljr300q said:

Honestly at this point do you just go for the 3rd no hitter to make history :lol:
Well, over the years, Seattle teams have been pretty good at setting negative records. :evil:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Woo hoo, no hitter gone tonight!

This team still takes way too many fastballs right down the middle in early count situations.
This “control the zone” BS Has neutered the hitters aggressiveness IMHO.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Gilbert looks like he has decent movement on his pitches but he has no control of the strike zone. He is missing on a lot of his pitches. I thought he was suppose to be right around 95 mph on his fastball, I've been seeing a lot of low 90's mph.

Not the start Mariner fans wanted to see from their two young guys.