The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I turned it off during the 2nd or 3rd inning so I could take a nap and wake up to watch the Sumo tournament until 4 am. Flexen was terribly off his game throwing a ton of pitches horribly low. And of course the hitting was awful as usual. I didn't see until this morning that half our already injury riddled bullpen went on the IL due to covid....ahem GET YOUR DAMN SHOTS.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I find it a tad bit ironic that the M’s are pushing fans to get vaccinated, by offering vaccines at the games and other promotions to vaccinated fans. But at the same time, the team doesn’t get vaccinated. That would be like Joe Biden and Fauci telling everyone to get vaccinated, and they don’t even get the vaccine themself.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":14l2o5dd said:
I must admit, I did something I don't usually do last night. I started watching the game, but turned it off after the 4th inning IIRC, because I couldn't stay awake. Watching other teams take batting practice really isn't all that interesting.

Wake up this morning to see that I didn't really miss much.

Why is Kelenic still leading off? :34853_doh:
I’m not a fan of turning off games but I’ve been doing it a lot lately.
This team can’t hit their way out of a wet paper bag and is boring AF. Their ownership/FO is horrible and don’t give a crap, I’m starting to wonder why I still do.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3nwx9pq5 said:
I find it a tad bit ironic that the M’s are pushing fans to get vaccinated, by offering vaccines at the games and other promotions to vaccinated fans. But at the same time, the team doesn’t get vaccinated. That would be like Joe Biden and Fauci telling everyone to get vaccinated, and they don’t even get the vaccine themself.
It's on the players. Apparently too many of them don't want shots. :34853_doh:

Damn, guys! Take one for the team. :229031_shrug:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3n8xj3p0 said:

I mean.. what do you want them to do? Threaten to cut players that won't get it?

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, the game tonight is at least still watchable after 3 innings. :laugh:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Haniger is having himself a very nice season. Sheffield looks to have settled down and might be a part of the future. That didn’t look like the case a couple weeks ago.

I just don’t see where the offense comes from. Other than Haniger, nobody is really a threat to do anything. Never thought I’d see the day where a teams batting average is under .200. Mike Zunino and Brendan Ryan would feel right at home with this team.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":25d2l3le said:
Haniger is having himself a very nice season. Sheffield looks to have settled down and might be a part of the future. That didn’t look like the case a couple weeks ago.

I just don’t see where the offense comes from. Other than Haniger, nobody is really a threat to do anything. Never thought I’d see the day where a teams batting average is under .200. Mike Zunino and Brendan Ryan would feel right at home with this team.
And we'll probably trade Haniger away in July. :laugh:

I still wonder WTH is Kelenic still leading off. :34853_doh:

sutz

Reaction score
And..... bottom of the 5th and the wheels come off. :229031_shrug:

sutz

Reaction score
Threedee":2io17mfr said:
So... When do we get our next W?
Probably not tomorrow against Darvish. Maybe we can steal one from the A's.

Some offensive sparks in the top of the ninth, but not enough.

WTH is Kelenic still leading off? :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2i93ot5x said:
Threedee":2i93ot5x said:
So... When do we get our next W?
Probably not tomorrow against Darvish. Maybe we can steal one from the A's.

Some offensive sparks in the top of the ninth, but not enough.

WTH is Kelenic still leading off? :34853_doh:
They scored a weeks worth of runs yesterday (4). :?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah Kelenic needs to either be dropped in the order or sent back down to Tacoma.

Prospects are impossible to project in MLB. No idea what to expect from them now. When was the last time we had a bat come up through the minors and do well? Seager?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Well, Chris Taylor and Ketel Marte both came up through the mariners system, but they never got much of a chance to hit for the mariners and both took off as soon as they were traded...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DJrmb":2s516080 said:
Well, Chris Taylor and Ketel Marte both came up through the mariners system, but they never got much of a chance to hit for the mariners and both took off as soon as they were traded...

Let me rephrase, a hitter who came up through our farm system and then had success with the Mariners.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2i5s2xd4 said:
Yeah Kelenic needs to either be dropped in the order or sent back down to Tacoma.

Prospects are impossible to project in MLB. No idea what to expect from them now. When was the last time we had a bat come up through the minors and do well? Seager?
It’s been a week and a half with Kelenic up, I wouldn’t give up on him yet.
Drop in the batting order, absolutely. He’s not in the starting lineup today, but they are in an NL park so he’ll likely PH for the pitcher at some point.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This lineup they are putting out today could very well get no hit.

Your 5-9 hitters:
Jose Godoy
Sam Haggerty
Jacob Nottingham
Jack Mayfield
Justin Dunn

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":262gphxn said:
This lineup they are putting out today could very well get no hit.

Your 5-9 hitters:
Jose Godoy
Sam Haggerty
Jacob Nottingham
Jack Mayfield
Justin Dunn
Justin Dunn just doubled in a run.

Sheffield last night got a hit too.

Maybe we can DH for our position players instead?

sutz

Reaction score
I usually don't like to pile on the manager hate, but bringing Mizz in to face their 3 best right handed batters was kind of mind boggling, to say the least. :34853_doh:

Of course, let's follow that up by bringing Duggar in to face their best left handers. :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Even for a :179417: resident like me, the :179422: is tasting a little bitter these days.

Hell's bells, they won't even take covid shots for the team. Top shelf selfishness there. :pukeface:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I understand the Padres are one of, if not the best teams in baseball, but this series was very disheartening. We werent even competitive in 2 of the 3 games. And the Padres were without Machado

Hitting is awful. Fire Laker. Bullpen management once again is terrible. Fire Servais.
The pitchers are hitting better than the position players on an AL club man. That's embarassing.

Just when I think we've hit rock bottom, we keep going

I'll be driving over to Seattle next weekend to watch a game vs the As and another vs the Rangers. I bought these tickets a couple months ago as a birthday present to myself.
Looking forward to it.. Go Mariners

Latest posts