The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
That's gonna hurt. Yeah, Moore is a decent utility fielder, sucks at the plate. Should have pinch hit for him, I don't really care who. The ball boy would be better.

Bad night for Sewald to go human on us.

Threedee

Reaction score
Crizilla":1ujmftpr said:
Servais trying to lose another game by having Moore bunt, it didnt work last time and it didnt work tonight either

It's effing moronic. What is the point of being given a runner in scoring position if you are just going to give-up an out? Or are we forgetting the strategic reason for why teams bunt with a runner on first?

Crizilla

Reaction score
I actually like the theory behind it when a runner is on 2nd base with 0 outs in a close game but you cant throw Dylan out there again and have him be the goat (in a bad way) 2 times in a row. Bunting is hard, really hard you either get the job done or you don't.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Anyone intrested, they are showing that historic 95 playoff game with NY. on MLB.com

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn, I miss the kingdome.. that place was noisey.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nice win today...Damn should have been two in a row.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not the worst outcome. We should have won yesterday, but we won't lose any ground on the Yanks and Red Sox. Could possibly pick up a game if either lose today. Anything short of winning the series against Arizona and we are done. Can't afford to drop a series to bad teams with only about 20 games remaining on the schedule. Hopefully we can catch Boston when they are cold, looks like biggest series of the season.

getnasty

Reaction score
Threedee":30p1wfhb said:
Crizilla":30p1wfhb said:
Servais trying to lose another game by having Moore bunt, it didnt work last time and it didnt work tonight either

It's effing moronic. What is the point of being given a runner in scoring position if you are just going to give-up an out? Or are we forgetting the strategic reason for why teams bunt with a runner on first?

Moore's batting average is under .200 so i'm fine with Moore bunting. Just because something doesn't work doesn't mean it's the wrong move Moore just needs to get a bunt down which he normally does a great job with.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If ms handle az and if whitesox handle boston, that boston series is going to be fun. I mean i think tmobile will be rocking

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Last 11 games-

Ms 7-4
Yanks 2-9
Redsox 6-5
Oakland 5-6
Jays 10-1

It will be to whoever gets super hot the last
20 games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Let’s go Mets, White Sox, Rangers and Orioles! We need to sweep Arizona, any idea who is starting for us today?

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1kcdw2jg said:
Let’s go Mets, White Sox, Rangers and Orioles! We need to sweep Arizona, any idea who is starting for us today?
I think it is Marco, Flexen, YK this weekend, so we should be solid the 1st two games. YK on Sunday? WTF knows?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":20n9dync said:

Crazy -- the games are still in progress, but all four teams you mention currently have the lead in their respective games.

BJs 3 Orioles 6, TOP 8
Yanks 2 Mets 10 TOP 8
RSox 1 WSox 4, BOT 5
Rangers 1 As 0, TOP 2

sutz

Reaction score
And a bad throw from Marco to 1st for 2 bases. Another easy run for AZ. :34853_doh:

As usual, we screw ourselves.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":lqcr2q5h said:
Bobblehead":lqcr2q5h said:
Damn, I miss the kingdome.. that place was noisey.

Me too. I loved that place! As a kid, those ramps were like a carnival ride to me.
Cool as a kid, sucked as an adult with long legs when the clown show sitting in the seat in front of you would drive his seat backwards into your knees. :x