The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Toro RBI'd all 5 runs in the two wins to take the series. :mrgreen:

Never really listened when people were discounting our record in one run games. Every one of them counts, and it's good practice for these when they really count.

I think JK needs to sit for a couple of days. His futility at the plate is starting to affect his fielding. Couple of bonehead miscues in this series could have cost us runs in very close games. :229031_shrug:

Sewald with 4 out save. :2thumbs:

May not make the playoffs, but they're doing what they can to make it happen. 6 of 9 coming up against AZ, should win 5-6 of them at least.

:snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1qc3w6da said:
Toro RBI'd all 5 runs in the two wins to take the series. :mrgreen:

Never really listened when people were discounting our record in one run games. Every one of them counts, and it's good practice for these when they really count.

I think JK needs to sit for a couple of days. His futility at the plate is starting to affect his fielding. Couple of bonehead miscues in this series could have cost us runs in very close games. :229031_shrug:

Sewald with 4 out save. :2thumbs:

May not make the playoffs, but they're doing what they can to make it happen. 6 of 9 coming up against AZ, should win 5-6 of them at least.

:snack:
JK needs to stop getting to a 2 strike count. Needs to be aggressive early in the count.
Looks at too many pitches down the middle, and then when he does swing he fouls the meatballs off he should be hitting to the gaps or over the fence.

He is in his own head too much. He looks like someone that’s receiving advice form multiple people and trying to do everything at once. He needs to pick one person to listen he trusts for hitting advice and block others out.

No one needs the off-season more than this kid. Decompressing will do him some good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Barely squeaked out a win against a craptastic Arizona team. A win is a win though.
Mitch went yard for #30, JK went 2-5 with A bomb and 3rbis.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":cxi6b0ur said:
Barely squeaked out a win against a craptastic Arizona team. A win is a win though.
Mitch went yard for #30, JK went 2-5 with A bomb and 3rbis.
Yeah, probably shouldn't have been that hard, but that's baseball.

Another gem by Anderson. I could see that guy anchoring the middle/back end of our rotation going forward. Real inning eating workhorse. Bullpen had an off day. Every MLB team will have a couple of guys that can hammer the ball. Hope that is just a blip.

Nice contributions from JK at the plate, covered for another boneheaded play in the field. :34853_doh: I sure hope that is temporary. Cost us a run.

Two more games in AZ. Marco and Flex have been doing well. :snack:

balakoth

Reaction score
Id rather have Montero than Misiewicz... why is this dude still on the team..

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ms win again. Just need some help against boston which will happen. Yanks are also 2 and 6 since 13 game win streak.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Still don't see us making the playoffs but got to give a lot of credit to this team for hanging in there. Need a win today as Oakland is losing and Boston is down, we could make up a game in the standings with a win.

We play Boston shortly, big time playoff implications there.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1dqx5tqe said:
Still don't see us making the playoffs but got to give a lot of credit to this team for hanging in there. Need a win today as Oakland is losing and Boston is down, we could make up a game in the standings with a win.

Easy to say "i dont see them making the playoffs." Its the safe bet. I do agree they exceeded all predictions by most fans and critics. If they would of spent better money on pitching instead of Paxton, it may of saved bullpen starts. (2-12 in those)

Boston will be a huge series. I hope for some magic.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":26tyd1dh said:
Hawk-Lock":26tyd1dh said:

Easy to say "i dont see them making the playoffs." Its the safe bet. I do agree they exceeded all predictions by most fans and critics. If they would of spent better money on pitching instead of Paxton, it may of saved bullpen starts. (2-12 in those)

Boston will be a huge series. I hope for some magic.

I'd like to win the series vs. Boston, actually win the first round in the playoffs, and then go on to eliminate the Asterisks!

Threedee

Reaction score
Dylan Moore may have made MLB history in the 10th. He may be the first player responsible for two outs as a result of the new extra-innings rule.

Thank God there was an 11th inning for us.

sutz

Reaction score
Great to get the sweep, but using all those pitchers before going to Houston might hurt us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":27v0s5xp said:
Great to get the sweep, but using all those pitchers before going to Houston might hurt us.
Yep. The offense better hit like they did in the 10th today. They are going to need a lot of runs to beat the asterisks at their home < insert beating on a garbage can sound here > field.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Astros own Seattle in Houston. Houston averages almost 7 runs vs Seattle in Houston. Seattle is 2 and 5 there this yr compared to 5 and 4 at TMobile.

I fear 0 and 3. I think 1 and 2.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":22mz5xyq said:
Astros own Seattle in Houston. Houston averages almost 7 runs vs Seattle in Houston. Seattle is 2 and 5 there this yr compared to 5 and 4 at TMobile.

I fear 0 and 3. I think 1 and 2.

Agree, 1 and 2 is just being realist, especially considering our current pitching situation including the fact Kik and Gilbert have been shaky at times.

Impossible scenario: Ms sweep Asterisks
Best case scenario: Ms energized by 1) desire to atone for two embarrassing lopsided losses the last time they were in Houston and 2) the possibility of securing a WC spot, win 2 out of 3.
Worst case scenario: More lopsided losses, get swept.