The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It might be pure coincidence, but last time in Houston, the asterisks had games where they scored 13 and 15 (that may not be exact) runs against Seattle. Then they came here and got shutout in back to back games here. Same offense against the same pitching.

It makes you wonder if they are still cheating in that stadium.
Might be time for MLB to do a random check in that stadium for buzzers and cameras.

Or it’s just a coincidence.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Astros actually have better stats on the road than at home. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to cheat again.

We just can’t get swept here. I’m fine and kind of expecting to go 1-2 here.

Tampa currently losing to Boston. Toronto is up on the Yanks. Oakland looks all but done, they host the White Sox but are off today.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Houston is vastly better at hitting at home vs Seattle then in Tmobile.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7pfi4f8d said:
Astros actually have better stats on the road than at home. I don’t think they’d be dumb enough to cheat again.

We just can’t get swept here. I’m fine and kind of expecting to go 1-2 here.

Tampa currently losing to Boston. Toronto is up on the Yanks. Oakland looks all but done, they host the White Sox but are off today.

Yea they do. They have scored 18 more runs on the road then at home. They also have played 4 less games at home too. So if they AVG 5 runs in the 4 extra then they are slightly better at home.

Both splits are pretty equal.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ruminator":1zv214qm said:
Shanegotyou11":1zv214qm said:
Astros own Seattle in Houston. Houston averages almost 7 runs vs Seattle in Houston. Seattle is 2 and 5 there this yr compared to 5 and 4 at TMobile.

I fear 0 and 3. I think 1 and 2.

Agree, 1 and 2 is just being realist, especially considering our current pitching situation including the fact Kik and Gilbert have been shaky at times.

Impossible scenario: Ms sweep Asterisks
Best case scenario: Ms energized by 1) desire to atone for two embarrassing lopsided losses the last time they were in Houston and 2) the possibility of securing a WC spot, win 2 out of 3.
Worst case scenario: More lopsided losses, get swept.

Fully agree on all.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
YK is such a wildcard to me. He is either hot or ice cold. Its all about mental with him and multiple analysts have said this as well

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wecev99 said:
Do not extend YK. Too inconsistent.
Was about to post: That team option to extend YK is looking less and less like a good idea. :34853_doh:

Not adapting well to American baseball.

Threedee

Reaction score
We haven't had a capable starting rotation in a while. Its sad that from 1989-2015, we had an ace pitcher on staff (Randy, Freddie, Felix), and then Felix fell apart, and we haven't been able to replace him yet.

getnasty

Reaction score
sutz":2w1t2k9f said:
Sports Hernia":2w1t2k9f said:
Do not extend YK. Too inconsistent.
Was about to post: That team option to extend YK is looking less and less like a good idea. :34853_doh:

Not adapting well to American baseball.

I'd be fine with him as the 4th or 5th in a rotation but wouldn't expect anything more then that.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":149b6its said:
We haven't had a capable starting rotation in a while. Its sad that from 1989-2015, we had an ace pitcher on staff (Randy, Freddie, Felix), and then Felix fell apart, and we haven't been able to replace him yet.

It goes further back. Before Johnson, we had Langston.

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ap9m7g5 said:
Threedee":1ap9m7g5 said:

Langston was the best pitcher up until that point, and he had a decent career. I guess he counts since I included Freddy in my list, and the two are comparable to one another overall.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":310ua6dh said:
Maulbert":310ua6dh said:
Threedee":310ua6dh said:

Langston was the best pitcher up until that point, and he had a decent career. I guess he counts since I included Freddy in my list, and the two are comparable to one another overall.

Considering we dealt Langston to get Johnson, it's quite fair, I think.

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":2obh930r said:
Threedee":2obh930r said:
Maulbert":2obh930r said:
Threedee":2obh930r said:

Considering we dealt Langston to get Johnson, it's quite fair, I think.

I will never get over the loss of Johnson. It's not even 20/20 hindsight. I was 12, and a huge fan of the Big Unit. Letting him go hurt my feels. Had no idea that he would get even better down in Zona.

For me it was Edgar, Randy, Griffey. I guess I took Junior for granted, seeing as how he was no mere mortal. As a lefty, it's a testament to Edgar that he was at the top of my fandom.

Ruminator

Reaction score
4-2 going to the bottom of the 9th. Why do I get the feeling this is going to tie at 4 and go extra innings?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Got to close this out, would be huge since Boston and Yankees lost today.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Servais trying to lose another game by having Moore bunt, it didnt work last time and it didnt work tonight either

Latest posts