The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Can't worry about the other guys. Just have to keep winning and let things fall where they fall.

:snack:

sutz

Reaction score
Castillo just can't help himself. Just seems to have to give up at least 1 run. :34853_doh:

Threedee

Reaction score
Kaz was obviously the greatest Mariners closer of all-time. How do you guys think Sewald compares to Ayala, Charlton, Putz, Wilhelmson, Rodney, and anyone else I'm omitting.

sutz

Reaction score
Threedee":r2lj5f5g said:
Kaz was obviously the greatest Mariners closer of all-time. How do you guys think Sewald compares to Ayala, Charlton, Putz, Wilhelmson, Rodney, and anyone else I'm omitting.
Sewald has definitely had a season for the ages. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Castillo is giving me a definite Rodney vibe. Has good stuff but gives up cheap runs at inopportune times.

Up by two, top 9, Steckenrider on the mound. :snack:

Threedee

Reaction score
sutz":15r99q34 said:
Castillo is giving me a definite Rodney vibe. Has good stuff but gives up cheap runs at inopportune times.

Up by two, top 9, Steckenrider on the mound. :snack:

Yeah, that made me nervous.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Torrens is carrying the bottom of the line up. They needed someone to step up and he has. Angels should rest Ohtani no point in risking injury when you aren't making the postseason.

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":91xzllav said:
Torrens is carrying the bottom of the line up. They needed someone to step up and he has. Angels should rest Ohtani no point in risking injury when you aren't making the postseason.
JK has been carrying his weight, too. I was tough on the kid when he first came up (actually I blamed the front office for bowing to pressure and calling him up too early) but he's swinging the bat pretty well since August and he's back to being the dynamite CF he is known to be.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1m3c514k said:
Thank you Baltimore.

Tied for the final wild card spot.

Worst team in the league get 2 of 3. Boston kind of pulled a play out of the Mariners playbook losing 2 to them.