The elephant in the room will Aaron Rodgers play against us?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, he’s a genuine role model :roll: Lie about your vaccination status, then blame those evil witch-hunting reporters for ‘making him do so’.

Twaddle Erin, pure twaddle, and as to compliance with the NFL rules to a T, video evidence, team Halloween party evidence, numerous press conferences prove that is TOTAL BS TOO.

He should just shut up b/c each time he opens his mouth he deepens hole he’s dug for himself.

Nothing to see here but just another self-entitled, self absorbed, egomaniac, pampered athlete behaving badly, then blaming someone else. Nothing see here worth watching. :177692:

Tical21

Reaction score
Dude should be kicked out of the league. At the least, suspended for a long ass time. Just saying "I'm Aaron Rodgers, screw your rules, what are you gonna do?"

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":nk595k0a said:
Nothing to see here but just another self-entitled, self absorbed, egomaniac, pampered athlete behaving badly, then blaming someone else. Nothing see here worth watching. :177692:

You just described all of them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yes, AR is playing us.

The league is not suspending its star QBs because that impacts money the league gets for the games.

We need to deal with it because it isn't changing.

AR is playing.

We know why this matters so much. Because we know we stand little chance of even being competitive if AR is allowed to play. But those are the breaks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Does the timing even meet protocols ?

What if the Seahawks said no we are not playing, it will be interesting to see if there is a surge in infections after the Chief game with the Packers.

We do know that you can't trust the Packers now to tell the truth about exercising the testing and separation of Vaccinated and Non Vaccinated.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tical21":2k1w8kgd said:
Dude should be kicked out of the league. At the least, suspended for a long ass time. Just saying "I'm Aaron Rodgers, screw your rules, what are you gonna do?"

I'm not going that far, but I do agree that Rodgers should be suspended for a couple of games.

The media reports are that the league is not considering suspension because they don't consider him to be a repeat offender, which is what it would take to suspend him according to the agreement the league signed with the union back in September. However, there is a clause in that agreement that speaks to intentional violations that would seem to kick the issue over to the Personal Conduct Policy where suspension is obviously an option. From Page 90 of the NFL-NFLPA COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR THE 2021 REGULAR SEASON:

Should a Club employee or other member of the Club’s staff knowingly and materially fail to follow these protocols, they will be subject to discipline for conduct detrimental to the league.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload ... 8nmvib.pdf

"Conduct detrimental to the league" is the exact same language that's used in the very first paragraph of the Personal Conduct policy so it's obvious that the league and the union intended the Covid protocols to be linked with that policy in the case of intentional and willful violations.

There's no question that Rodgers intentionally broke the protocols on multiple occasions as there is plenty of video evidence not only his maskless press conferences, but of his boarding the team plane when he's supposed to be traveling separately and the Halloween party he attended. Heck, his own public statements indicate that he was intentionally violating the rules.

The way I read it, the league definitely has the authority to suspend Rodgers and make it stick. The question is why won't they?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You know why. Because the world would crumble to the ground if Lord Rodgers didn't play. If this was an average player, he would be suspended imo. He shouldn't play, but he will. Again, some players have their own set of rules. It's unfortunate, but it's reality. Not only will he play, the media has plenty of members who are already making excuses for the guy. They'll build him up as some God who is all the sudden the victim here. He has so much heart etc.
He didn't have to lie about it, that's what makes it even more ridiculous. The league has plenty of unvaxxed players. They just chose to actually stick the rules w/out having to get the shot.

That being said, if the Jags can beat the Bills? Anything is possible.
Let's just get Russ back and go shock the world. I mean, l doubt many give the Hawks a chance.
And yes I wanted him out for selfish reasons. No team in the league wouldn't be stoked to play the Packers w/out Rodgers. It's no different than teams playing the Hawks w/out Russ or any other of the top tier QB's.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2h6hxi0h said:
You know why. Because the world would crumble to the ground if Lord Rodgers didn't play. If this was an average player, he would be suspended imo. He shouldn't play, but he will. Again, some players have their own set of rules. It's unfortunate, but it's reality. Not only will he play, the media has plenty of members who are already making excuses for the guy. They'll build him up as some God who is all the sudden the victim here. He has so much heart etc.
He didn't have to lie about it, that's what makes it even more ridiculous. The league has plenty of unvaxxed players. They just chose to actually stick the rules w/out having to get the shot.

That being said, if the Jags can beat the Bills? Anything is possible.
Let's just get Russ back and go shock the world. I mean, l doubt many give the Hawks a chance.
And yes I wanted him out for selfish reasons. No team in the league wouldn't be stoked to play the Packers w/out Rodgers. It's no different than teams playing the Hawks w/out Russ or any other of the top tier QB's.

I was asking a rhetorical question. I know why the league likely won't suspend Rodgers, and my opinion as to why they probably won't is pretty close to yours although I'll include that they have dirty hands in this issue as well. Legitimate questions as to why the league didn't intervene when they saw Rodgers willfully violating protocols may motivate them to go easy on him so he accepts the punishment and they don't have to defend a suspension in arbitration where their behavior could be revealed.

However, I don't want Rodgers suspended simply because it gives us a better chance to win. I want to beat teams at full strength so there is no doubt in anyone's mind who the better team is. When the Deflate Gate scandal broke just before SB 49, I did not want Brady to be suspended as had we won, particularly had we won by a narrow margin, countless people would have discounted our win as not having gotten it vs. the GOAT. If I were a Steelers fan, I would not have been happy with the officiating in XL as it tainted their win.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hope so. Not because he deserves to, but it's the only way to gauge this team coming off a bye and being generally healthy going into the second half of the season. Let's see just how improved the defense is according to some folks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I never once thought that he would be suspended, so it is what it is. But to say that a team wouldn't happy to face the Packers w/out Rodgers just doesn't feel realistic. I'm sure the Chiefs and their fans have zero apologies for that game yesterday. GB is a much better team, period. But, you still gotta' lace em up.
Russ and Rodgers on Sunday, I'll take it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2li6afs2 said:
I never once thought that he would be suspended, so it is what it is. But to say that a team wouldn't happy to face the Packers w/out Rodgers just doesn't feel realistic. I'm sure the Chiefs and their fans have zero apologies for that game yesterday. GB is a much better team, period. But, you still gotta' lace em up.
Russ and Rodgers on Sunday, I'll take it.

There's been some backlash from other NFL owners and executives about the Packers and Rodgers getting special treatment:

Multiple coaches and front-office executives have complained that their teams apparently were held to different COVID-19 protocol standards over the summer than the Green Bay Packers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ay-packers

I still don't expect Rodgers to be suspended, but I also don't think that it's completely off the table, either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As there absolutely should be. All he had to do is say he's not going to get vaxxed and follow the rules. It's not that hard.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
RiverDog":2pzrjqu7 said:
My understanding of the procedure for unvaccinated players that test positive have to isolate for 10 days after which they must have been free of any symptoms for 24 hours prior to being allowed to rejoin their team. There is no mention of additional testing. Rodgers said that he had experienced symptoms so it's assumed that he falls under the following section:

Any individual (including players) who is not “fully vaccinated” and tests positive
for COVID-19 will NOT be allowed to travel, access any Club facility or have
direct contact with any other players, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 Individuals or other
Club employees, or contractors other than the medical staff unless and until each
of the following occurs:

For Club employees/contractors who test positive and experience
symptoms of COVID-19:
1. At least 10 days have passed since the date symptoms of COVID19 were first reported to Club medical staff; and
2. At least 24 hours have passed since the individual last had a fever
without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
3. Other symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved;
and
4. The Club’s Head Team Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician,
after consultation with ICS and notification of the NFL Chief
Medical Officer, determines that the individual may return to the
Club facility and interact with other, Club employees/contractors;
and
5. Any local regulations or requirements are satisfied.
6. For symptomatic infections that are categorized as mild, prior to
team training and game play, player must complete a minimum 3-
day progressive exercise protocol under team medical staff
supervision with appropriate clinical monitoring before returning
to full participation. For moderate to severe infections
(hospitalized), it is recommended that prior to team training and
game play, the player complete a progressive exercise protocol for
a minimum of 7 days or equal to twice the duration of the
hospitalization.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload ... hi377l.pdf

I have mixed feelings about this NFL policy you have shared. I wasn't aware of these specific rules so that's good to know.

On one hand I feel like players should be able to play if they are healthy and I'm not 100% confident in the PCR testing... on the other hand the NFL's rules don't make a whole lot of sense to me. It seems like they have a lot of wiggle room where they could allow certain players to make a game and block others from playing as they see fit.

For example:

Rule #1 states that 10 days must have passed.

Rule #2 and #3 state that they must have not had symptoms in the last 24 hours, and that their health has improved overall... if they haven't been allowed access to the facility then it seems IMPOSSIBLE to determine whether they had symptoms in the last 24 hours or if their other symptoms have improved.

Rule #6 states "For symptomatic infections that are categorized as mild, prior to
to full participation."

Aaron Rodgers CANNOT reasonably meet this requirement if he is not allowed to return to the club facility until the DAY BEFORE OUR GAME!

Let's say the team's medical staff COULD go outside the club facility to meet the requirements for Rule #6 (technically they are according to the statement above the rules)...

Then that opens up a whole new can of worms why were they not testing him for Covid-19 during these 10 days which if he tests positive he would miss 10 more?

Overall it just seems like a very shady set of rules where teams and the NFL can essentially do whatever they want on a player by player basis.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tokadub":337fai8s said:
RiverDog":337fai8s said:
My understanding of the procedure for unvaccinated players that test positive have to isolate for 10 days after which they must have been free of any symptoms for 24 hours prior to being allowed to rejoin their team. There is no mention of additional testing. Rodgers said that he had experienced symptoms so it's assumed that he falls under the following section:

Any individual (including players) who is not “fully vaccinated” and tests positive
for COVID-19 will NOT be allowed to travel, access any Club facility or have
direct contact with any other players, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 Individuals or other
Club employees, or contractors other than the medical staff unless and until each
of the following occurs:

For Club employees/contractors who test positive and experience
symptoms of COVID-19:
1. At least 10 days have passed since the date symptoms of COVID19 were first reported to Club medical staff; and
2. At least 24 hours have passed since the individual last had a fever
without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
3. Other symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved;
and
4. The Club’s Head Team Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician,
after consultation with ICS and notification of the NFL Chief
Medical Officer, determines that the individual may return to the
Club facility and interact with other, Club employees/contractors;
and
5. Any local regulations or requirements are satisfied.
6. For symptomatic infections that are categorized as mild, prior to
to full participation. For moderate to severe infections
(hospitalized), it is recommended that prior to team training and
game play, the player complete a progressive exercise protocol for
a minimum of 7 days or equal to twice the duration of the
hospitalization.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload ... hi377l.pdf

I have mixed feelings about this NFL policy you have shared. I wasn't aware of these specific rules so that's good to know.

On one hand I feel like players should be able to play if they are healthy and I'm not 100% confident in the PCR testing... on the other hand the NFL's rules don't make a whole lot of sense to me. It seems like they have a lot of wiggle room where they could allow certain players to make a game and block others from playing as they see fit.

For example:

Rule #2 and #3 state that they must have not had symptoms in the last 24 hours, and that their health has improved overall... if they haven't been allowed access to the facility then it seems IMPOSSIBLE to determine whether they had symptoms in the last 24 hours or if their other symptoms have improved.

Rule #6 states "For symptomatic infections that are categorized as mild, prior to
to full participation."

Aaron Rodgers CANNOT reasonably meet this requirement if he is not allowed to return to the club facility until the DAY BEFORE OUR GAME!

Let's say the team's medical staff COULD go outside the club facility to meet the requirements for Rule #6 (technically they are according to the statement above the rules)...

Then that opens up a whole new can of worms why were they not testing him for Covid-19 during these 10 days which if he tests positive he would miss 10 more?

Overall it just seems like a very shady set of rules where teams and the NFL can essentially do whatever they want on a player by player basis.

You do know they can test and send results to the team, there are clinics all over that are staffed with Professionals that are and have been doing this for almost 2 years now.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tokadub":kjhhxvgr said:

For example:

to full participation."

You make some good points, but we have to keep in mind how complicated making a policy that covers so many activities such as those involved with a professional football team. It was negotiated through the union so almost by definition, there's going to be what appears to an outsider to be nonsensical rules. It's the result of a committee with widely varying POV's. There's politics and compromises involved. I'll agree to this rule if you'll agree to that one.

Covid protocols are confusing everywhere. International travel is a nightmare. Some countries accept the rapid antigen test, others don't. Some require all new arrivals to isolate for 14 days, vaccinated or not. Some require you to test upon arrival. Some won't accept certain vaccines. It's a genuine cluster phuck.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
RiverDog":hzyuxwee said:
HawkFreak":hzyuxwee said:
At least in a recent CNN article AR seems to be manning up and taking responsibility for his actions...

"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So, before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I would like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself."

Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.

Rogers added he has been following the strict NFL protocols for unvaccinated players to a "T." Rodgers described the daily testing he is subjected to every day, even on off days, and believes the rules are in place to shame unvaccinated people. Rodgers said he has been tested over 300 times before testing positive this week.

Rodgers said certain strict NFL protocols were not based on science, noting if he tested negative for Covid-19 every day and was surrounded by vaccinated people, why should he be "shamed" into wearing a mask throughout the Packers facility.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/05/sport/aaron-rodgers-packers/index.html

I don't see anything that Rodgers has said regarding this issue that would qualify as "manning up and taking responsibility for his actions." To the contrary, everything he's said leaves me to believe that he's on this victimization kick, that he thinks he's untouchable, that because of his success that he's entitled to special treatment.

Manning up involves saying something like "I'm sorry I misled people into thinking I was vaccinated. I should have answered that question differently."

Sarcasm my friend. Sarcasm.
I thought the obvious difference between my statement and AR's statements made that obvious.

Sorry I forgot the required :sarcasm_on:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, let's just rock on Sunday and see what happens. The Packers are clearly a better team, but can still be knocked off. Rodgers decided to lie when he didn't need to. He has a right to not want the shot, but the way he has handled this is ridiculous. But, he's clearly "the victim" here :?
Kind of done with this crap. Go Hawks, and F the Packers and Lord Rodgers.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2k1gfhdu said:
Meh, let's just rock on Sunday and see what happens. The Packers are clearly a better team, but can still be knocked off. Rodgers decided to lie when he didn't need to. He has a right to not want the shot, but the way he has handled this is ridiculous. But, he's clearly "the victim" here :?
Kind of done with this crap. Go Hawks, and F the Packers and Lord Rodgers.

I am at the point where I agree.
We would all do well to immunize ourselves against all things Aaron Rodgers.
Focus on the Seahawks.
Maybe they get OBJ.
Playoffs still a possibility.
Chins up buckaroos.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkFreak":1ip44myo said:
Sarcasm my friend. Sarcasm.
I thought the obvious difference between my statement and AR's statements made that obvious.

Sorry I forgot the required :sarcasm_on:

Yeah, it's sort of hard to figure out intent in the absence of tone of voice, facial expressions, and other cues and having to relying exclusively on text. Glad that we're in agreement.