The end

AgentDib

Reaction score
I do think the Athletic article was probably informed by people in Russ's camp (with or without his involvement), and there was some underlying tension especially regarding the meeting that Russ apparently walked out on. I also think that CAA wouldn't mind Russ moving to LV or Chicago and generally saw this as a way to change the narrative from Russ having a poor second half of the season.

However, most of the reports do seem heavily exaggerated at the least. It was immediately apparent that the four teams that were released as trade partners were not going to be suitable trade targets due to the dead money hit and lack of draft capital involved. Russ's involvement in hiring the new OC was largely overlooked and the lack of public communication from both Russ and the FO was made into a much larger issue than it was.

toffee

Reaction score
pinksheets":m2fl97i4 said:
JustTheTip":m2fl97i4 said:
pinksheets":m2fl97i4 said:
Maulbert":m2fl97i4 said:
Again, I think there was legitimacy to the earlier rumors, as I stated. The stories SINCE the Chicago deal was nixed are the ones I'm calling $h!t on.

Reading comprehension is a hell of a thing.

So is writing with precise phrasing. C-

I had no trouble understanding his post.

I'm happy for you, but this can be read two ways:

Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t

1. That he believes none of the stories since that time.
2. That his belief in the legitimacy of most of it throughout was eliminated by news the Seahawks rejected an offer

Given that he was specifically replying to my critique of someone who has been denying the legitimacy of it from the beginning, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he was going for the latter.

Knowing now what he meant now, I guess my reply would be, ".....Good for you, I guess?"
Nailed it

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think there def. was a beef. I just think it was blown out of proportion. And, as usual, I got blasted for it.
I am NOT of the belief that there isn't some tension, there clearly is. And it's justified frustration. He'll be here in 2021, and hopefully beyond. But, I certainly COULD see him get traded in 2022 if things don't improve. He's not the first QB who has voiced his frustrations, it just took him 9 years to say something. Guys like Rodgers whine every year, meh.
And come on John, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that all the media stuff is crap, but then say that another media comment is true.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Exaggerated by the media, absolutely. That's their job, to get clicks, create drama. That being said, as much as I tell myself there is no way he was going to be traded, that's just not really an absolute. I still think the chance was very slim. And that's MY opinion.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not sure what it is about having a Top 5 QB, who was clearly the #1 earlier in the season until <insert what you think but it’s because PC took over>, pisses people off.

Like SFish mentioned, he spoke up once....in 9 years.

Let Brady get hit like that. It would be the headliner on CNN. Holding the ball too long or not. Have people ever considered that we throw downfield....like...a lot? Takes time to get open. If PC was ok with going up the middle more (he’s not), time to throw and the hit rate would decrease. Not taking it all off of RW but, cmon.

Anyways, I too believe there is tension but also believe John and Pete aren’t crazy and want to win. That being the case, you don’t trade Russell Wilson. Period.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2z3tt654 said:
I think there def. was a beef. I just think it was blown out of proportion. And, as usual, I got blasted for it.
I am NOT of the belief that there isn't some tension, there clearly is. And it's justified frustration. He'll be here in 2021, and hopefully beyond. But, I certainly COULD see him get traded in 2022 if things don't improve. He's not the first QB who has voiced his frustrations, it just took him 9 years to say something. Guys like Rodgers whine every year, meh.
And come on John, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that all the media stuff is crap, but then say that another media comment is true.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Exaggerated by the media, absolutely. That's their job, to get clicks, create drama. That being said, as much as I tell myself there is no way he was going to be traded, that's just not really an absolute. I still think the chance was very slim. And that's MY opinion.

:ditto: Very well said. I agree

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
There has been a definite shift in WIlson's social media since the Bear trade thing got shot down. There was little to no Seahawk stuff before that. Now he's tweeting about moves (and there were a few prior to last week that happened that he didn't tweet on). But along with free agency moves reposted an Instagram clip of DK's TD vs the Pats, wished Damien Lewis happy birthday etc.

The way it looks now, yeah he is frustrated at the hits he takes, was upset about not having more say, but never really actually wanted out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now I'm thinking of the classic Doors tune: The End

this is the end.......my only friend.....the end.........

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It is funny how news we like is always "credible" but news we don't is not.

"Russ wants out!" Not credible.
"Russ is staying" (Same source) Totally credible.

I heard from "sources" that it is extremely unlikely the Seahawks win more than one playoff game this next season if they even make the playoffs. It is funny how my "sources" believe the same tings I do. LOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":1pedjece said:
Maulbert":1pedjece said:
pinksheets":1pedjece said:
You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

You're in a very specific bubble.

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t, especially with this tweet yesterday:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1374520308569313283[/tweet]
You're moving to an extreme conclusion.

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.
"Maybe, Maybe, Maybe", sounds like someone's grasping. :roll:

knownone

Reaction score
Fowler said that a Wilson trade was "inevitable" a few weeks ago, so it's unclear how reliable he is. It's also worth noting his source is, in all likelihood, Mark Rodgers.

I'm assuming Wilson and his camp are doing some backtracking after realizing the best situation for him is in Seattle. It looks likes Pete and John are allowing Russ to save face by not commenting on how their moves have "appeased" him. This has been a pretty standard offseason by the Seahawks standards, so if that's what it takes to appease him, then he should have been happy the entire time.

pinksheets

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1wgfuqbq said:
pinksheets":1wgfuqbq said:
Maulbert":1wgfuqbq said:
pinksheets":1wgfuqbq said:
You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

You're in a very specific bubble.

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t, especially with this tweet yesterday:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1374520308569313283[/tweet]
You're moving to an extreme conclusion.

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.
"Maybe, Maybe, Maybe", sounds like someone's grasping. :roll:
Or like someone who isn't on pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes definitively, even.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Once again here is what we know for a fact

Wilson said he wanted to stay in Seattle

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

Again Wilson said he wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Let it go, man. He's staying. Who cares who was "right" or "wrong" at this point?
On to more Free Agency and the Draft. NONE of us truly know what is going on behind closed doors, NONE of us.
Enough of the personal attacks over something we no have control over. What does it accomplish?
Russ will be under center in 2021, Pete will be coaching. Like it or not, let's rock.

Move on........

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We have a new OC, with hopefully a new offense.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

Wilson has 2 goals right now(not in order):

1 - Get legit opportunities to compete for the MVP

2 - Fix his playoff record by getting playoff wins

We likely have little shot at #1, given Pete's proclivities.

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
massari":ptzu1f5w said:
[youtube]tGr78m5A8PI[/youtube]

Well the video is wrong he has said many times he wants to stay in the Seattle. So that well lie or omission makea this video worthless.

knownone

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":21ozppcb said:
We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We have a new OC, with hopefully a new offense.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

Wilson has 2 goals right now(not in order):

1 - Get legit opportunities to compete for the MVP

2 - Fix his playoff record by getting playoff wins

We likely have little shot at #1, given Pete's proclivities.

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.
I understand the logic, but I'm not sure why everything has to be framed through the lens of what Wilson wants. He's under contract for 3 more seasons. From a leverage standpoint, they are equals. I'm largely on the do whatever it takes to keep Russell side of things, but it feels like people are trying to remove Wilson's agency from the situation.

What if Seattle does everything right and Wilson fails to meet his own standards? Is that Pete's fault? Is it the front office's fault? If we follow your framing, no matter what happens, everyone but Wilson is to blame. The thing is, that can't possibly be true of a player who exerts more control over the outcome of games than anyone else.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
John63":zr39zl7k said:
massari":zr39zl7k said:
[youtube]tGr78m5A8PI[/youtube]

Well the video is wrong he has said many times he wants to stay in the Seattle. So that well lie or omission makea this video worthless.
Let it go Russ...not going anywhere until next year.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":dq2a4ck3 said:
Once again here is what we know for a fact

Wilson said he wanted to stay in Seattle

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

Again Wilson said he wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.
So, what you're basically saying is:

1. You take all public statements as true on their face
2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.

Latest posts