OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":flzd8beh said:
John63":flzd8beh said:
Once again here is what we know for a fact

Wilson said he wanted to stay in Seattle

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

Again Wilson said he wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.
So, what you're basically saying is:

1. You take all public statements as true on their face
2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.

So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
knownone":eigcz5x2 said:
TwistedHusky":eigcz5x2 said:
We likely have one year to make the case for Wilson that he is better off here.

We have a new OC, with hopefully a new offense.

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

Wilson has 2 goals right now(not in order):

1 - Get legit opportunities to compete for the MVP

2 - Fix his playoff record by getting playoff wins

We likely have little shot at #1, given Pete's proclivities.

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.
I understand the logic, but I'm not sure why everything has to be framed through the lens of what Wilson wants. He's under contract for 3 more seasons. From a leverage standpoint, they are equals. I'm largely on the do whatever it takes to keep Russell side of things, but it feels like people are trying to remove Wilson's agency from the situation.

What if Seattle does everything right and Wilson fails to meet his own standards? Is that Pete's fault? Is it the front office's fault? If we follow your framing, no matter what happens, everyone but Wilson is to blame. The thing is, that can't possibly be true of a player who exerts more control over the outcome of games than anyone else.

ahh where did he say "everyone but Wilson is to blame. " he did nto in fact Wilson himself said he ,meaning Wilson needs to play better. So not sure were you are coming up with this.,

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":116b931o said:
John63":116b931o said:
massari":116b931o said:
[youtube]tGr78m5A8PI[/youtube]

Well the video is wrong he has said many times he wants to stay in the Seattle. So that well lie or omission makea this video worthless.
Let it go Russ...not going anywhere until next year.

Might want to tell that to the others in this thread who can't seem to let it go.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":1izq8su8 said:
pinksheets":1izq8su8 said:
John63":1izq8su8 said:

His agent when asked mentioned teams he would accept a trade to if that is what the Hawks wanted but also reiterated Wilson wants to stay in Seattle

I posted the article because despite the FACT that all these article don't use any real verifiable evidence but mostly speculation and most focus on the negative there are some that focus on the positive and the article I posted while also has some speculation it unlike all the others have a great deal of fact. The article said Wilson wants to stay in Seattle, well guess what Wilson said it. It says Wilson likes the moves so far well again look on Twitter Wilson said it.

So what we have is a bunch of articles with a bunch of unnamed sources, and then we have the article I posted which Wilson himself has substantiated a lot of what is in it. That the difference between most of the article sand the one I posted.

For those who can't understand that I am sorry for you. For those who refuse to again I feel sorry for you.

2. There are only good faith actors so public statements are not strategic or manipulative
3. Any behind the scenes talk from unnamed sources that contradicts a public statement is false because the public statement is true by virtue of it being a public statement

That's sweet, I guess. It would largely invalidate the PR industry if true, but it's a nice thought.

So under your scenario even if Wilson and PC came out and said all his good, Wilson is our QB etc etc we should not believe it? Must suck to not be able to trust anyone. Believe what you want until PC or Wilson come out and say otherwise I will go with what we know form the source itself not a bunch of unnamed sources. that is as WILSON has said many times now. Wilson wants to stay in Seattle. oh and as to PR firms if you believe them without doing research that is on you., Again the only statement from the source themselves meaning PC or Wilson is Wilson wants to stay in Seattle.
Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1aqxxqms said:

We appear to be adding to the defense (but keeping our DC and getting rid of Carlos seem like they will come back to bite us later).

So we have to deliver on #2. If we can, we might be able to keep Wilson. If not, we probably lose him.

This all rests on Pete's hands now. Not very confident but I realize this is our only chance.

Maybe Russ has one more year to make a case that we are better off with him here, rather than whatever we can get for him on the open market.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm more curious why people are so obsessed with this crap and/or why it bothers people so much if someone thinks this is blown a little out of proportion by the media. Something is CLEARLY there, but my god. Give it a rest.....
He's going to be the QB in 2021. Get over it and get ready for the 2021 season.

Jville

Reaction score
This thread is about ESPN.

It's not "The End" until ESPN decides it's the end. ESPN and other entertainment outlets will continue to blow air into this narrative as long as it benefits their bottom line or until some other hot narrative comes along and displaces it.

It's not about informing. It's about playing the public. It's simple bait and hook entertainment.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":2yq2phwf said:
John63":2yq2phwf said:
pinksheets":2yq2phwf said:
John63":2yq2phwf said:

Why wouldn't you believe a PR firm? They're making a public statement, which is all it takes.

If Pete and Russ hold a press conference together stating all is well and they're moving forward together, especially if there was something symbolic like a contract extension, worked in, I'd be pretty well convinced they had mended fences.

They have not, though. Does that mean they haven't resolved all of their issues? No, of course not, but there's hardly anything definitively convincing here. Russ saying he wants to be a Hawk isn't good enough - players often say stuff like that before getting traded - even if they want out, they want to keep up appearances. That's by no means convincing unless you want to believe it from the outset.

Barring a big public statement like I noted above, I won't say "definitely not happening this year" until the draft is over.

Again WILSON SAID He wants to stay in Seattle how hard is that for you to understand. That is all I am saying the only PUBLIC statement is Wilson saying he wants to stay in Seattle. All the rest is conjecture with no facts at all.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2oiemoyf said:
TwistedHusky":2oiemoyf said:

Maybe Russ has one more year to make a case that we are better off with him here, rather than whatever we can get for him on the open market.

OR Maybe the FO has 1 year lef to prove they deserve a top QB

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":l51exv3i said:
pinksheets":l51exv3i said:
John63":l51exv3i said:
pinksheets":l51exv3i said:

Again WILSON SAID He wants to stay in Seattle how hard is that for you to understand. That is all I am saying the only PUBLIC statement is Wilson saying he wants to stay in Seattle. All the rest is conjecture with no facts at all.
I literally addressed that in the post you're quoting.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2af9bten said:

Really they need pressure, a CB, for Pete to keep his hands off the offense, to get out fast and play fast for 4 quarters. take the red flag away from Pete, not try to work the play clock to .001 second and call time outs.

Think they can accomplish this?

Really isn't much to ask for.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bla bla bla.

Seriously, aren’t y’all tired of this BS yet?

It’s ridiculous that thread after thread is full of the same crap.
Slightly different spin/angle does not change anything.

I’m a “Seattle Seahawk” fan.
I’ve been a fan through the good times and bad.
I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster, ownership,or current coaching staff.

I understand the frustrations that y’all have, I have the same ones.

Ten threads hashing out the possibilities of a players status / trade possibilities is not good for this board/community.

Simply my take, y’all do you.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":3s8czvxl said:
Bla bla bla.

I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster or current coaching staff.

Ten threads hashing out the possibilities of a players status / trade possibilities is not good for this board/community.

Go back to your day job, you and Fresno should have lunch.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2a0jb8sv said:
pmedic920":2a0jb8sv said:
Bla bla bla.

I root for the Seahawks no matter or in spite of the roster or current coaching staff.

I’m up for lunch anytime, even at breakfast or dinner time.
Hell I’d even break bread with you, but who da Phuc is Fresno?

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":1y5xa4n6 said:
chris98251":1y5xa4n6 said:
pmedic920":1y5xa4n6 said:
Bla bla bla.

I’m up for lunch anytime, even at breakfast or dinner time.
Hell I’d even break bread with you, but who da Phuc is Fresno?

Your new Mod, look in the Shack !

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":2u2weit2 said:
John63":2u2weit2 said:
pinksheets":2u2weit2 said:
John63":2u2weit2 said:

I know but you saying it is not good enough means little. Nor doe sit change the fact he said it or that it is the only first person form one fo the people in the know to say anything. If you choose not to take that for what he said that is on you.

What it means to anyone that listens is despite all the supposed talking heads saying he wants out of Seattle it means he does not. I Mean if we go your way and say well players say that before they get traded, why would you believe PC and Wilson coming out and saying anything., They could just say it to hide the fact he is being traded. again in the end you either take them at their word or not. you choose not to, that's on you, Until I hear form PC or Wilson otherwise I am going with he wants to be here and as of now will be., I do feel sorry for you, i mean under your stance and ideas basically we can't believe anything anyone says and can't trust anyone.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":2ptuzafr said:
pinksheets":2ptuzafr said:
John63":2ptuzafr said:
pinksheets":2ptuzafr said:

I know but you saying it is not good enough means little. Nor doe sit change the fact he said it or that it is the only first person form one fo the people in the know to say anything. If you choose not to take that for what he said that is on you.

What it means to anyone that listens is despite all the supposed talking heads saying he wants out of Seattle it means he does not. I Mean if we go your way and say well players say that before they get traded, why would you believe PC and Wilson coming out and saying anything., They could just say it to hide the fact he is being traded. again in the end you either take them at their word or not. you choose not to, that's on you, Until I hear form PC or Wilson otherwise I am going with he wants to be here and as of now will be., I do feel sorry for you, i mean under your stance and ideas basically we can't believe anything anyone says and can't trust anyone.
You're starting to get it, a little. The reason I'd believe a big press conference and an extension more is because those are real tangible things where they'd be going out there and making a huge point of being aligned and moving forward together.

Saying "I want to play for the Hawks" in an interview is a far cry from that. There's no actual commitment there, no real reputational risk. People say they want to be with someone all the way up until the breakup. It's evidence of nothing. You have to keep up a certain front until things are official to avoid stepping over the line. Again- I'm not saying that I believe Russ was lying when he said that, I'm saying it doesn't really tell anyone anything

The point is: yeah, the bigger the statement and commitment, the more I believe in the statement and commitment. It's not complicated.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":q86tyije said:
John63":q86tyije said:
pinksheets":q86tyije said:
John63":q86tyije said:

You're starting to get it, a little. The reason I'd believe a big press conference and an extension more is because those are real tangible things where they'd be going out there and making a huge point of being aligned and moving forward together.

Saying "I want to play for the Hawks" in an interview is a far cry from that. There's no actual commitment there, no real reputational risk. People say they want to be with someone all the way up until the breakup. It's evidence of nothing. You have to keep up a certain front until things are official to avoid stepping over the line. Again- I'm not saying that I believe Russ was lying when he said that, I'm saying it doesn't really tell anyone anything

The point is: yeah, the bigger the statement and commitment, the more I believe in the statement and commitment. It's not complicated.

Whatever I don't think you get it, so we can agree to disagree

Latest posts