The fight for the NFC #1 seed (Week 15 Updated)

TypeSly

Reaction score
lacenterhawk":22ek65vs said:
xray":22ek65vs said:
The lambs are coming in hot right now , it's the Hawks or the Lambs @ the end .IMO[/quots

as are the Hawks :les:

ASn

Which Hawks are you talking about? The Seahawks have lost 2 out their last 3, and 3 out of their last 5.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I can't think of a year in which home-field advantage ever meant less. here are no or few fans in stadiums. Playoffs aren't 1000EST games, so the Hawks just need to get in.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
All results updated.

Looking at the remaining schedules, the Falcon's are potentially an awkward match up for the Saints, and with difficult games coming up, Hill has to start playing better. The 49ers win helps out Seattle a lot but they're looking good and will want to finish the season off on a high. We'll all be cheering on the Bears tonight.

W

Welshers

falcongoggles":37to77ia said:
I can't think of a year in which home-field advantage ever meant less. here are no or few fans in stadiums. Playoffs aren't 1000EST games, so the Hawks just need to get in.
Yes, but the 1st seed means a playoff bye. Which is gigantic. World need to win out and have the saints lose though

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Taysom Hill will lose games for the Saints if he has to keep starting.

Zap90

Reaction score
Green Bay has the easiest schedule than everyone.

Seattle has to worry the last 2 games Rams and 49ers. But that #1 seed is really important. If GB gets it, they have a good chance of going to the SB

pmedic920

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2l669b4t said:

This is true but.....

A bye week would be very nice, and could go a long way in getting healthy.
I’m expecting a few guys being banged up by then.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
Welshers":fminh0qk said:
falcongoggles":fminh0qk said:
Yes, but the 1st seed means a playoff bye. Which is gigantic. World need to win out and have the saints lose though
The Saints arguably have the toughest match up left, against the Chiefs who are chasing the Steelers for the #1 seed in the AFL. That's a tough game for them, but I'm honestly not convinced by Hill either. I think the Saints could easily lose a game before then and the Vikings will be tough for them too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
These last 6 weeks are gonna' be a blast to follow. Saints, Hawks, Pack, Rams etc. Any of these teams are in the mix. Makes it more entertaining when the conference is strong and even.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
pmedic920":3fgko7p7 said:
falcongoggles":3fgko7p7 said:

This is true but.....

A bye week would be very nice, and could go a long way in getting healthy.
I’m expecting a few guys being banged up by then.
Agreed on that, there's a big difference between teams who get a week off and those who have to go through the wild card. It's a big factor, especially when some teams (like the Seahawks) had an early bye week and players are getting worn out. Having that extra week to recover is a big deal.

getnasty

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jifkph9 said:
Taysom Hill will lose games for the Saints if he has to keep starting.

I'll be suprised if Sean Peyton doesn't switch to Jameis next week. He has to know NO can win doing what there doing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Normal year yes #1 seed makes a difference especially for us, this year not as much with crowds and homefield, Weather is going to be the advantage mostly when everything else becomes more even.

I want the subtle edge, but I also like the team feeling a bit uncomfortable also and pushing themselves.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
After Week 12, the Saints lead the way on 9-2, with Green Bay and the Seahawks both improving to 8-3.

Solid win for the Seahawks today. The defence, once again, showed signs of improvement and other teams around the league will be thinking we're a more formidable team than they thought 3 or 4 weeks ago. Dunbar returning should help things but the defence is definitely getting on track.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
Hopefully the Falcons can put in a good performance and upset the Saints today! Let's go Falcons!

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
Updated after a worst case scenario Week 13.

On the positive side, the Rams schedule is now the toughest remaining so hopefully the Seahawks can beat them to the #1 in the NFC West. I like the Vikings too, so I'm hoping and expecting them to beat the Saints when they play.

Elemas

Reaction score
There's a chance we could miss the playoffs too. Unlikely but insane that it's even a possibility.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are going to be a wildcard.

Just like we are almost every year.

This is a pattern. We turn around after our bad loss and look like we fixed things. We will beat the Jets and then destroy the Washingtons.

It makes no sense to expect things would change when most of the key important pieces to this team have remained the same. You could argue Metcalf and Adams making more impact changes things, but the guy running the show is the same.

The Rams are built to beat us and they have a better coaching staff. We are losing that game.

The 49ers have a better coaching staff. We might lose this one too - maybe all the injuries to the 49ers will allow us to win this one.

We have to play both. We are ending this season like we always do, with a game to play for the division lead, which we will drop. And then we will get a wildcard berth.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":3p8fwaih said:
Updated after a worst case scenario Week 13.

On the positive side, the Rams schedule is now the toughest remaining so hopefully the Seahawks can beat them to the #1 in the NFC West. I like the Vikings too, so I'm hoping and expecting them to beat the Saints when they play.

Week 14 - Patriots - I'm fully expecting a loss here because anything tied to the Patriots has been a struggle for us

Week 15 - Jets

Week 16 - @Seahawks

Week 17 Cardinals - you guys probably didn't watch the game, but this was a beatdown. Our trash special teams made this game 17 points closer than it should have been - I saw nothing yesterday that makes me think they can hang with us when we play again

Seahawks:

Week 14 - Jets - just stop with the "if we lose to the Jets talk" - stop

Week 15 - @Washington - similar to our game at home against the Patriots, since it'll be across the country and an early start - their DL is nasty

Week 16 - Rams

Week 17 - @Niners - same as us against the Cardinals, maybe tougher for Seattle if SF brings some guys back

I see these as about equal difficulty.

Here's the good news for both the Seahawks and Rams - since we'll both beat the Jets, it really doesn't matter if we lose to the Patriots or y'all lose to Washington - either way it'll be week 16 for the division.

So let's say we win the next two, Seattle goes 1-1 - we'd be 10-4, Seattle 9-5 - since Seattle has to beat us to win the division anyways, we'd both then be 10-5 - but we'd have 3 division losses while Seattle has 2.

What would be more interesting is if we both go in at 10-4, Seattle win, then lose to SF and we beat AZ. We'd both finish 11-5, 3-3 division record. Next goes to common opponents. That breakdown would be:

Currently Seattle is 6-3 (4-2 outside the division) with games against Jets, FT and Niners left

Currently LA is 5-4 (4-2 outside the division) with games against the Jets, FT and Cardinals left

If my scenario above played out, we'd both be 8-4 in common games. Next would be conference games, which would go to the Rams.

So Seattle's path for the division actually needs wins against both the Rams and Niners (unless the Rams go into Seattle down a game, then a Seattle win would clinch).

RCATES

Reaction score
One seed is gone. I see us dropping at least 2 in these last 4 and losing the division and getting in a wild card. Likely getting steamrolled by Giants again, Packers, Rams.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
Looks like the Saints are about to lose, which is fantastic for the Seahawks.