The fight for the NFC #1 seed (Week 15 Updated)

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
All results updated for Week 14.

The Rams have the toughest opponents left, facing two teams with winning records, but the toughest match up will be the Saints against the Chiefs, who are chasing the #1 seed themselves. The Titans are finding form and will be a difficult match for the Packers, so there's sitll a chance the Seahawks can do it.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Unless crazy things happen (which is possible obviously), it's looking like the Rams/Seahawks week 16 winner will host Tampa Bay in the wildcard round, while the loser will travel to Washington.

Afterward, it seems unlikely that either team will host the NFCCG if they make it, although I could see the Rams and Seahawks winning in round 1 and round 2 and then playing each other, in which case the NFCW champ would be at home. But homefield isn't as relevant this year.

The only caveat in this is that I believe the NFL waits to assign primetime matchups for the wildcard round? And I sincerely doubt they put the WFT in primetime, so it's possible it could be an early start in the Sunday slot, I believe.

For the Rams/Seahawks, I'm not sure it really matters who wins the NFCW this year. Weird season.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
Very positive games on at the moment, with both the Saints and the Rams losing. The Rams are now down 20-3 against the Jets, with 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Hold on...

W

Welshers

Does anyone know what happens if the Hawks, Saints and Packers all finish 12-4? How will they decide a 3 way tie.

Rat

Reaction score
Welshers":cxzciqyp said:
Does anyone know what happens if the Hawks, Saints and Packers all finish 12-4? How will they decide a 3 way tie.
Team with the most positive fans gets the #1. Conference record is the tiebreak.

OP
OP
BoltonWanderer
Reaction score
All results updated.

The Packers have taken charge but they have two difficult games remaining. The Titans are on a roll, Henry is looking great, and the Titans are tied with the Colts at 10-4 in their division. They will be very motivated to win this game. The Bears also have something to play for, with an off chance they can make the playoffs but they'll want to spoil the Packers momentum anyway.

I also think there's a good chance the Saints lose to the Vikings too, so if the Seahawks can do their bit and win their remaining games, the #1 seed is possible.

renofox

Reaction score
Welshers":nnx082c1 said:

Conference record.

Packers 10-2 (unless loss is to Bears, then 9-3)
Saints 10-2
Seahawks 9-3

Seahawks 3 seed.

Latest posts