The Legend of Gardner Minshew.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ckmcjxb said:
What puts Minshew a step beyond many young QBs is accuracy.

IMO, it's his poise. He doesn't act like a rookie that lets things get in his head. He's got plenty of swagger, as the hipsters would say.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35ffanmr said:
Minshew is not the hero we asked for, but he's the hero we need.

Gardner minshew swag

Go Cougs.

LMAO. That is awesome. Glad the rest of the country gets to experience this guy. Had a lot of fun last year watching the cougs and this dude made it happen. Hope he's in the league for many years.

Gusbusser

Reaction score
ivotuk":jwonvdpb said:
What's with all the fumbles? Does he have Dave Krieg hands?

As a Jaguar fan I can answer this. Our free agent acquisition last year Andrew Norwell was literally driven into Minshew as he was throwing the ball and the ball came out. That's not on him. The fumble to Fournette was a rookie mistake as he didn't realize the FB/TE was behind him on the play and the exchanged was fumbled. The last one was him trying to make a play and buying time when the ball was ultimately stripped. He was trying to do too much because our defense was struggling.

Minshew is still a rookie and will have growing pains. Despite it all he is a winner. The guy has been down like 2 touchdowns the past 2 weeks and either won the game against Denver and put us in position to win at the last second against Carolina. Ultimately, our defense couldn't stop McCaffery who ran wild on us. The defense couldn't get off blocks. They gave up a long TD to their back up running back also. Minshew did everything to carry the team on his back. As a 6th round rookie that is a lot to ask for but he did it. As someone who has witnessed garbage QB's for the Jags for years I can tell you that Minshew is the real deal.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Gusbusser":2hfk2p8s said:
ivotuk":2hfk2p8s said:
What's with all the fumbles? Does he have Dave Krieg hands?

As a Jaguar fan I can answer this. Our free agent acquisition last year Andrew Norwell was literally driven into Minshew as he was throwing the ball and the ball came out. That's not on him. The fumble to Fournette was a rookie mistake as he didn't realize the FB/TE was behind him on the play and the exchanged was fumbled. The last one was him trying to make a play and buying time when the ball was ultimately stripped. He was trying to do too much because our defense was struggling.

Minshew is still a rookie and will have growing pains. Despite it all he is a winner. The guy has been down like 2 touchdowns the past 2 weeks and either won the game against Denver and put us in position to win at the last second against Carolina. Ultimately, our defense couldn't stop McCaffery who ran wild on us. The defense couldn't get off blocks. They gave up a long TD to their back up running back also. Minshew did everything to carry the team on his back. As a 6th round rookie that is a lot to ask for but he did it. As someone who has witnessed garbage QB's for the Jags for years I can tell you that Minshew is the real deal.
Thanks for the Jags fan perspective. As someone who grew up in eastern Washington and is a Cougars fan it's great seeing Minshew doing so well. He does look like the real deal though it still is early for sure. The league will adjust to him as it always does and hopefully he'll be able to handle that and thrive. The one thing that's very evident about him is that no moment is too big and he's always within himself. I think you guys got a good one. I'm hoping so anyway.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Minshew is the REAL DEAL. The Jags made the wise choice and unloaded Nick Foles to make way for Minshew. I was thinking who is the best comp for Minshew, and a flash came to me... he's a lot like a slightly taller Drew Brees. The love child of Drew Brees and Snake Stabler.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":hbay00tc said:
Minshew is the REAL DEAL. The Jags made the wise choice and unloaded Nick Foles to make way for Minshew. I was thinking who is the best comp for Minshew, and a flash came to me... he's a lot like a slightly taller Drew Brees. The love child of Drew Brees and Snake Stabler.

And Joe Namath or Jim McMahon.

Latest posts