The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The 9ers have "bigger issues to confront" than needing a top QB? Orly?

And that bigger issue is a 30 year old TE coming off a catastrophic injury?

This is the first thing I've seen from Wagaman since he took over for Gutierrez as ESPN's 9ers hack.

So far he's dumber than Guterrez somehow. Oh jeez.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":u6k13leb said:
NINEster":u6k13leb said:
rideaducati":u6k13leb said:
Popeyejones":u6k13leb said:
Yeah, it could be (a) defensive/offensive adjustment, (b) use of the spread, or (c) the line playing better.

Or it could just be the variance of small sample sizes.

I think you can take all three of those nobs and crank them as hard in any direction you want and you're still not going to see Wilson go for 50 tds and 2 ints OR 20 tds and 15 ints across a full season.

We'll find out if they ever get an offensive line to stay together, but I'd bet on Russell being a lot closer to the 50-2 than he is to the 20-15 guy.

No one has ever thrown for a 25:1 ratio, so it won't happen by any QB this season or for a long time, if ever. Many QBs have thrown for a barely better than 1:1 ratio, so it could happen to a good number of QBs this year.

Wilson still doesn't have the experience or supporting cast to get it done....good OL or not. Rodgers throwing 46 TDs to 6 INTs in 2011 was insane all in itself, and it wasn't even 8:1....

BTW, I cannot recall the last time a team won the SB with the QB throwing 40+ TDs. Cam last year, Brees in 2011, Rodgers in 2011....Romo close to that in 2014....Peyton Manning any number of seasons....Brady in 2007, 2011...

Quick stat check: Kurt Warner in 1999 did it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the only one to do so ever.
Wow. Sweet extrapolation on that hypothetical extrapolation, bro. Awesome stats work as well.

Feel free to post some cool 9er QB stats when your team gets some.

It wasn't an extrapolation on a hypothetical extrapolation. It was a well researched post that responded directly to a specific claim.

I know Ninestar messes with you guys sometimes but that's a quality post, IMO

(not that I'm delusional enough to think anyone here cares about what my impression of quality posts are :lol: )

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Popeyejones":tr75r36k said:
It wasn't an extrapolation on a hypothetical extrapolation. It was a well researched post that responded directly to a specific claim.

(not that I'm delusional enough to think anyone here cares about what my impression of quality posts are :lol: )
:lol:
That was some good stats research. Props to NINEster. :2thumbs:

I just couldn't pass up a chance for a dig about the 9ers QB situation. For all we know, the Kaep/Kelly pairing pays off and I won't be able to do that in a few months. ( :sarcasm_off: )

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :lol:

Fair enough.

I think the real tragedy of the 9ers QB situation will be if Kelly can squeeze blood from a turnip again, and the 9ers end up paying good money to the guy who was lucky enough to look like he's above replacement level because he got to play in Kelly's system.

I don't think this HAS to be what happens (Kap's a 90 pound headcase vegan now, I think he's done) as I was more surprised than anyone about Gabbert's ability to be mediocre last year (project across the season and he basically put up average QB numbers in one of the worst offenses I've ever seen), but even if he ends up looking good giving Gabbert Brock Osweiler-type money is as stupid as, well, giving Osweilier Brock Osweiler-type money.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":37zc0oyc said:

The claim was that Wilson was "closer" to the 50:2 end of the spectrum than the 20:15 end. Was it specific? Did it state that he'd go 50:2?

Given Wilson's Int% and efficiency numbers, was the claim unrealistic that he'd be closer to 50:2 than 20:15? His 2015 TD/INT ratio was 34:8. In a vacuum, someone with that ratio throwing 50 TDs winds up with a 50:11 ratio. Bit better than 50:37 which is what 20:15 projects out to isn't it?

I completely agree with the poster stating that he'd be closer to the 50:2 ratio than 20:15. Ninester's response was a bit of a straw man me thinks.