The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":34h0ume4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":34h0ume4 said:
Marvin49":34h0ume4 said:
"Kelly is completely unproven in the NFL".

LOL.

That is of course true, but it ain't like Carroll was on top of the world. He was very successful at USC but had flamed out it two previous attempts in the NFL....
"Flamed out". LOL right back at you Marv. Pete was 27-21 on NE and the owner (Kraft) has since stated firing Pete was "a mistake".
But hey, it fits your narrative right?

"Mistake". Right. That Belichick guy can't coach a lick.

:sarcasm_off:

...and BTW, we have no idea how Kelly will work out in SF or Peterson in Philly or what Lurie will be sayin in 10 years.

Well we here don't need ten years to see how something works out, hell we were able to see how Tomsula was going to work out after his Fart interview.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2k5n3rfe said:
Marvin49":2k5n3rfe said:
hawksfansinceday1":2k5n3rfe said:
Marvin49":2k5n3rfe said:

LOL.

That is of course true, but it ain't like Carroll was on top of the world. He was very successful at USC but had flamed out it two previous attempts in the NFL....
"Flamed out". LOL right back at you Marv. Pete was 27-21 on NE and the owner (Kraft) has since stated firing Pete was "a mistake".

...and BTW, we have no idea how Kelly will work out in SF or Peterson in Philly or what Lurie will be sayin in 10 years.

Well we here don't need ten years to see how something works out, hell we were able to see how Tomsula was going to work out after his Fart interview.

...and BTW, Kelly was 26-20 in Philly...guess he was a success in Philly too by previous poster logic.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":4cfuzem5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":4cfuzem5 said:
Marvin49":4cfuzem5 said:

LOL.

In all seriousness, didn't Carroll himself admit that he needed to get away from the NFL and learn how to do it properly?

He never lacked the football smarts....just missed a piece or two.

Nothing wrong with that.

Don't forget Belichick coached for Cleveland once.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":1zrz1xgn said:
Marvin49":1zrz1xgn said:
hawksfansinceday1":1zrz1xgn said:
Marvin49":1zrz1xgn said:

LOL.

In all seriousness, didn't Carroll himself admit that he needed to get away from the NFL and learn how to do it properly?

He never lacked the football smarts....just missed a piece or two.

Nothing wrong with that.

Don't forget Belichick coached for Cleveland once.
Yep, but again that doesn't fit the narrative. As for Chippy, we'll see. He is a step up from Tomfoola, but that's a very short ladder. I am predicting a college HC job after two seasons.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Marvin49":9sdw4ae9 said:
...and BTW, Kelly was 26-20 in Philly...guess he was a success in Philly too by previous poster logic.

Again.. with Reids roster. Which he promptly dismantled and worsened to the point of being canned.

I love how your comparison is to belichick and the Browns. That is so insanely the best case scenario and utterly unlikely. If Kelly eventually works out he's not likely going to be one of the greatest coaches of all time just based on the scarcity of that reality.

And Carroll did say he was so glad to have the usc opportunity to reestablish himself and evaluate how he really wanted to run a program. Unfortunately for you Kelly hopped directly from his last team to yours without that benefit. If this forced analogy does work out then it wouldn't be for the niners.

That's not even going into how his offensive scheme kills his defense or his reported ego problems and how long that will work with baalke.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Archer":3aqepdbd said:
Marvin49":3aqepdbd said:

Again.. with Reids roster. Which he promptly dismantled and worsened to the point of being canned.

I love how your comparison is to belichick and the Browns. That is so insanely the best case scenario and utterly unlikely. If Kelly eventually works out he's not likely going to be one of the greatest coaches of all time just based on the scarcity of that reality.

And Carroll did say he was so glad to have the usc opportunity to reestablish himself and evaluate how he really wanted to run a program. Unfortunately for you Kelly hopped directly from his last team to yours without that benefit. If this forced analogy does work out then it wouldn't be for the niners.

That's not even going into how his offensive scheme kills his defense or his reported ego problems and how long that will work with baalke.

Archer, this is a great post. Carroll found out he needed a learning curve. He used it and learned what he needed available to make a full concept operate. Kelly is still not there, but he has potential to make it happen if he takes the time to learn. Unsure if he will take that time?????

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":i0dl6lbx said:
Popeyejones":i0dl6lbx said:
:lol:

Yeah, if you make the 2010/11 Hawks comparison you also gotta make the once-every-three-years Browns comparison in the same breath.

Hindisght is just WAY too powerful of a force to include one without the other. :2thumbs:

So who the hell did you land on to root for this year?

Punted on it when Rex Ryan started stumping for Trump. Waiting to watch the pre-season and not gonna pick until right before Week 1 starts.

If I'm gonna pick up a new team I want it to be one I wanna stick with for awhile.

Still guessing it'll be Jags/Raiders/Titans/Bills (in that order).

Will still be watching all four NFCW teams every week (mostly on rewind) tho.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":gtf2mu0q said:
Laloosh":gtf2mu0q said:
Popeyejones":gtf2mu0q said:
:lol:

Yeah, if you make the 2010/11 Hawks comparison you also gotta make the once-every-three-years Browns comparison in the same breath.

Hindisght is just WAY too powerful of a force to include one without the other. :2thumbs:

So who the hell did you land on to root for this year?

Punted on it. Waiting to watch the pre-season and not gonna pick until right before Week 1 starts.

If I'm gonna pick up a new team I want it to be one I wanna stick with for awhile.

Still guessing it'll be Jags/Raiders/Titans/Bills (in that order).

Will still be watching all four NFCW teams every week (mostly on rewind) tho.

Raiders look like a fun team to me on paper. I'll be watching their games for sure.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":22yzn2oi said:
Archer":22yzn2oi said:
Marvin49":22yzn2oi said:

Archer, this is a great post. Carroll found out he needed a learning curve. He used it and learned what he needed available to make a full concept operate. Kelly is still not there, but he has potential to make it happen if he takes the time to learn. Unsure if he will take that time?????
But, but, but.............it doesn't fit Marv's agenda so it can't be true.

Own The West

Reaction score
Popeyejones":31i6e3cz said:
Laloosh":31i6e3cz said:
Punted on it when Rex Ryan started stumping for Trump. Waiting to watch the pre-season and not gonna pick until right before Week 1 starts.

I can see the attraction. Rex said was going to make the Jets great again, but instead turned them into a joke.

Of course it took Rex a few years, whereas it's only taken Trump 10 months...

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":2qw5lliy said:
Marvin49":2qw5lliy said:

What on earth are you babbling about?

Who said a damn thing about the Browns? I was talking about Craft saying it was a "mistake" to fire Carroll when the guy he hired to replace him was one of the best Head Coaches in NFL history. I have trouble thinking he really views that move as a mistake. Had ZERO to do with saying Kelly was going to be like Belichick. Just another straw man argument putting words I never said in my mouth.

My point in regards to Kelly AGAIN had nothing to do with saying Kelly will be as good as Carroll or anything at all really in regards to how good an NFL coach he'll be going forward. Yet AGAIN putting words in my mouth. My point about stating the record was that saying Carroll was 27-21 is really meaningless as the coach you are trying to say can't be at all compared to was 26-20.

Pete Carroll is a great coach. Don't get this twisted. I wanted him to become the HC in SF when he was the DC.

My comments are all about the assumptions of what very well might happen but you present them as if they are foregone conclusions. I have stated several times on this board both before and after Kelly was hired that I had serious reservations about him in regards to his temperament, his system, and most off all the way he is viewed by players around the league.

DOn't try to make this out like I'm somehow saying he WILL be Belichick or Carroll...or even Shanahan. I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of your forgone conclusions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":myr3ucxb said:
Seahawkfan80":myr3ucxb said:
Archer":myr3ucxb said:
Marvin49":myr3ucxb said:

But, but, but.............it doesn't fit Marv's agenda so it can't be true.

...and exactly what agenda is that?

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Marvin49":30n2olfx said:
Archer":30n2olfx said:
Marvin49":30n2olfx said:

Who said a damn thing about the Browns? I was talking about Craft saying it was a "mistake" to fire Carroll when the guy he hired to replace him was one of the best Head Coaches in NFL history. I have trouble thinking he really views that move as a mistake. Had ZERO to do with saying Kelly was going to be like Belichick. Just another straw man argument putting words I never said in my mouth.

My point in regards to Kelly AGAIN had nothing to do with saying Kelly will be as good as Carroll or anything at all really in regards to how good an NFL coach he'll be going forward. Yet AGAIN putting words in my mouth. My point about stating the record was that saying Carroll was 27-21 is really meaningless as the coach you are trying to say can't be at all compared to was 26-20.

Pete Carroll is a great coach. Don't get this twisted. I wanted him to become the HC in SF when he was the DC.

My comments are all about the assumptions of what very well might happen but you present them as if they are foregone conclusions. I have stated several times on this board both before and after Kelly was hired that I had serious reservations about him in regards to his temperament, his system, and most off all the way he is viewed by players around the league.

DOn't try to make this out like I'm somehow saying he WILL be Belichick or Carroll...or even Shanahan. I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of your forgone conclusions.

Chill out a bit bud. Read the thread to find the comments regarding the Browns comparison. I quoted you to address that specific comment you made and the rest was directed to the remainder of the niner fan collective.

There are no foregone conclusions. Obviously time will tell. I would have the same reservations regarding Kelly that you have if he were our coach.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Archer":391wh52x said:
Marvin49":391wh52x said:
Archer":391wh52x said:
Marvin49":391wh52x said:

Chill out a bit bud. Read the thread to find the comments regarding the Browns comparison. I quoted you to address that specific comment you made and the rest was directed to the remainder of the niner fan collective.

There are no foregone conclusions. Obviously time will tell. I would have the same reservations regarding Kelly that you have if he were our coach.

No need to chill as I'm not worked up. :D

In a quote of my post..."I love how your comparison is to belichick and the Browns".

uh...how else could I have interpreted that?

No worries tho. There are a lot of things I've really liked from Kelly so far, but we really don't know anything till they start playing games. One big thing...the team has not had nearly the same negative reaction the Eagles did to his practice habits because a number of them have been in place since Harbaugh (like customized shakes after practice). The team was TRYING (and failing badly) to run uptempo LAST year...so while still something to get used to, not nearly the adjustment it might have been.

Regular Season should be nothing if not interesting.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":dokjj29h said:
Archer":dokjj29h said:
Marvin49":dokjj29h said:

Kraft didn't say it was a mistake firing Carroll, he said he regretted firing Carroll and that Carroll hadn't failed in New England but that Kraft had failed Carroll. I'll admit this is a case of the Hawks fans love of Pete reading into Kraft's comments, but I do believe Kraft can regret firing Carroll without thinking of it as a mistake.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":lkcyhv50 said:
Marvin49":lkcyhv50 said:
Archer":lkcyhv50 said:
Marvin49":lkcyhv50 said:

Kraft didn't say it was a mistake firing Carroll, he said he regretted firing Carroll and that Carroll hadn't failed in New England but that Kraft had failed Carroll. I'll admit this is a case of the Hawks fans love of Pete reading into Kraft's comments, but I do believe Kraft can regret firing Carroll without thinking of it as a mistake.

...and I'm sure Roseman and Lurie will think they failed Kel....ok....nope. Can't even say that in jest. :)

I have no idea if it'll be the right move long term, but pretty clear Roseman wanted to set alight ANYTHING that had anything to do with Kelly on his way out the door. LOL.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Kraft said he didn't give Pete a fair chance. Pretty sure it was based on Pete's success since and that Kraft didn't understand Carroll's vision for how to build a team.

Pete very probably failed where Harbaugh succeeded in that he was given a talented roster but couldn't get the most out of it and much of that had to do with the players not buying in and the FO not supporting Pete.

Kelly was given a talented roster and leeway to make wholesale changes and that is what he did. He proved he could have limited success with a talented roster but like Pete really couldn't get the players to fully buy in so he began swinging the ax. Ultimately destroying a talented roster.

Pete failed because his system requires 100% commitment from top to bottom. He didn't have that until he came here and I still don't think he could go into a system like Harbaugh did and get it firing the way Jim did without complete support. That's ok though because Pete has proven he can build a team from ashes and get it to championship caliber as long as he has the support needed.

Will Kelly have complete support from the FO? Will he be able to get the players to buy in? Will Baalke swing the ax if Kelly believes one of Trent's picks won't buy in?

Kelly is an offensive guy and Baalke is a defensive guy. Both are stubborn as mules and have been labeled "doesn't play well with others". Can they coexist without fighting over what players are worth developing or not? Will Baalke bring in the guys Kelly feels he needs to succeed? At the probable cost of passing on guys that Baalke thinks will be needed?

Is there any truth to the rumor that Kelly and Baalke already had their first tiff? Coincidentally right around draft time too.

From my view this is a bad situation that has very little chance to work. Even if they have some success the probability of wanting credit for the success could cause power struggles.

definitely going to be interesting that is for sure.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
The eagles were 8-8 & 4-12 the 2 seasons before kelly came to the eagles. Your argument for him being handed a talented roster is a bit of a stretch. Kelly is gonna get some time with the 49er organization , I'd say at least 3 seasons. So we're gonna find out who he is. This roster is young and has some talent along with quite a few guys who may turn Inot darn good players

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":2l1jl6t7 said:
The eagles were 8-8 & 4-12 the 2 seasons before kelly came to the eagles. Your argument for him being handed a talented roster is a bit of a stretch. Kelly is gonna get some time with the 49er organization , I'd say at least 3 seasons. So we're gonna find out who he is. This roster is young and has some talent along with quite a few guys who may turn Inot darn good players
I give him 2 years before the combo platter hits. First where he wears out his welcome with Jedthro and the Trentster, and secondly, he figures out how big of tools Jedthro and the Trentster are to work for. Then it's the mutual agreement to part ways press conference.

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: .....And after the implosion of last year, the great news for 9er fans is it will keep going.