TheUndefeated: Geno Smith and the backup black quarterback

olyfan63

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":17hec8p5 said:
olyfan63":17hec8p5 said:
Taysom Hill? NO. Actually, the absolute best backup QB this year? Ryan Tannehill.
Bridgewater probably could have done the same.
At first glance, it seems like Bridgewater would be a good comp for the Tennessee situation, but NO, not really. For one thing, Bridgewater is slower than Tannehill, and Tannehill is overall a better runner, not just faster. Counter to stereotypes. Tannehill's read-option run against the Ravens was a relevant data point. Their career rushing stats also bear this out.

Tannehill is also a much better receiver for trick plays. Seemingly a small thing for a QB, but this ability mattered in the SB for Nick Foles, Philly Special, the difference that wound up being the margin of victory. Tannehill was a WR in college and got converted to QB.

Bridgewater certainly did a good job against the Seahawks D, though. Did everything you would ever hope for a backup to come in and do for the Saints, undefeated while filling in for Brees IIRC.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This rare mention of Smith got put in nfl nation. Can we now agree that what he says should be in main forum?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
“Smith believes that he will be a starter again in the league someday. He has learned enough over the past few years from sitting behind Eli Manning, Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson that he believes will make him better the next time he’s given an opportunity. Also, he said, Seattle has allowed Geno to be Geno. He doesn’t have to be buttoned-up, which isn’t him.

“I don’t see my career coming to an end no time soon. I got a lot of years left in the tank,” he said. “Whenever that opportunity comes, wherever it is, that’s the main thing, to produce, to win, to lead and then keep being myself.”

BlueTalon

Reaction score
This rare mention of Smith got put in nfl nation. Can we now agree that what he says should be in main forum?
The reason for it getting put in the NFL Nation forum was stated earlier in this thread. So no, we can not agree.

Why are you reviving this zombie thread, anyway?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If Geno Smith did this interview today, you think this would have gotten moved to nfl nation? He was a quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks then As now, but because he wasn’t the starter, it got moved to the forum that’s not about uh…current seahawks players?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Dude, you seem to want to talk about race when it's not relevant to anything, and nobody else is talking about race. It's pretty disgusting.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Dude answer the question. Geno puts this interview out today, you question it should not be in main forum? why? Because the article focuses on race?

Personally, I find the whole thing racist.

He was a current Seattle player in 2020, and the main Is where we discuss what current Seahawks players do. It never should have been moved at the time because then as now he was on our team.

The premise of the article, like he shoukd be glad he’s seen on the level of Hoyer, well that is also racist.