This Team Isnt Going Anywhere

massari

Reaction score
RiverDog":2r4bal1e said:
massari":2r4bal1e said:
Agreed, definitely not a hot take there since the Hawks are one of only 5 teams that hasn't made the NFC championship game since 2015.

Lions
Bears
Giants
Redskins
Seahawks

Better make that 6 teams. The Dallas Cowboys haven't made the NFC Championship game since 1995.
True

Just looked at the number of times these 6 teams have made the playoffs since 2015:

Lions 1
Giants 1
Bears 2
Redskins 2
Cowboys 2
Seahawks 5

Seahawks with far more opportunities to make NFC championship, because of the elite, future hall of fame QB, but come up short year after year since they made the SB.

Superbowl 48

Reaction score
This team is going lots of places, just look at their schedule. Arizona, California, and Minnesota to name a few places. Whether or not this team makes it to the Bowl, will not negatively effect my mental state, but will be entertained in some fashion no matter how far they go in the post-season, if they make it there or not.

Yes, the loss was a little bit of let down, but let's face it, if you don't think there are more loses to come in the future, your in for a rude awakening. The Seahawks have gone a long way over the years from being a Raiders play toy, to Super Bowl winner, let's never forget that. Paul Allen and Pete Carrol gave the Seahawks a complete face lift, and that should not be over looked.

I will publicly share a belief that is not commonly accepted, so that it might benefit those who are overly committed, to emotionally involved, or possibly have an unhealthy addiction to professional sports. I'm of the opinion that professional sports are not only scripted, but have about the same predictable outcome as professional wrestling. If you don't agree, that's entirely up to you, but I think there is enough evidence to prove that this belief is more than correct.

You can say what you want, but my opinion will never change. If you don't agree, re-watch Super Bowl XL, and maybe watch games more proactively once in awhile, instead of being completely intoxicated, stoned, or being hypnotized by all the modern day gladiators, moving a leather ball down the field.

If you watch sports for entertainment value, rather than die hard fandom, and believe the outcome is already determined, you will fare much better over the long haul. You could also just believe that game is determined by honest efforts by team and individual efforts, and maybe slightly disrupted by bad calls by the refs. The choice is yours!

The Breh

Reaction score
We are an XP away from winning and a Minnesota kicking blunder away from AZ losing.
And we played like absolute shit.

Over reaction Monday.
Week 2 edition.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BASF":3flzm9at said:
pittpnthrs":3flzm9at said:
SoulfishHawk":3flzm9at said:
Does this feel good to you? Being right when they lose? Honest question, do you enjoy this?

No it doesnt feel good. Especially since this will be the 7th year in a row with the same issues that people refuse to admit to. This team will be more of the same.

Who are these mythical people that won't admit to these issues?

It is funny because you have always been about Pete handcuffing Wilson. Yesterday Wilson was given the reins in the second half and failed. Peteball would have been running Carson and Collins to burn clock, but Carroll let Waldron call Wilson's number and Wilson failed. He even admitted in his press conerence that he was the one deciding to go away from the TEs. Yet you fail to admit that Wilson has the same hero ball issues.

You for one. Pete Carroll is a hindrance to this team at this point and just too much for Wilson and company to overcome. The regularity of him getting outcoached anymore is astounding and the people that still stand by him is even more astounding.

Yeah, Wilson crapped the bed in the 2nd half. Its just a shame that he has to play at such a high level in order for the team to win. The only chance the team has to win is when he plays out of his mind so you might as well give him the chance to do so. When you have a head coach thats playing checkers while the others are playing chess, what other alternative is there?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15zfjt1w said:
Don’t judge a team by their worst game, and don’t judge a team by their best game, those are both outliers.

There's also the saying that you're only as good as your last game, or in this case, our last 40 minutes of football.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":29kxtfi3 said:
HawkNuts":29kxtfi3 said:
pittpnthrs":29kxtfi3 said:
Honestly, how long are some fans going to be fooled? The 'Its Only One Loss' crowd are delusional. I'm not even upset about the loss today, but the game just highlighted the warts this organization has had for years now. A horrid defense with a terrible coordinator who wont be fired until it's 3 years to late, an offense that lays an egg at the most inopportune times, players that produce during game days not getting enough touches if any at all (Collins, Dissly), and a head coach thats the cause and wont fix any of it. Its a prototypical Pete Carroll Seahawk team. Same thing year in and year out.

If this team even makes the playoffs, you can count on another first or second round loss. And people wonder why some of us are crying out for change.

“Cry out”, yes that is what you excel at.

Should Andy Reid be fired in KC? They lost to a fairly banged up Baltimore team and they have the best QB in the league.

It’s the NFL, the separation between teams at the top and bottom is fairly slim.

You mean the Andy Reid that has been to two consecutive Super Bowls and was a fumble away from winning another game despite horrible defensive play in the 2nd half? Nah, he should be OK. Unlike Carroll, he rarely gets outcoached.

Yeah the same Andy Reed that didn't do Anything in Philly.. I think your the one that is delusional... I think you enjoy getting a rise out of people... it's really easy to take the negative side of things... there is always something negative even in a 12 win season... you will always have some angle to rip on...ok thats your thing... it is what it is...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pitt after the Hawks win on Sunday: "It's just the Vikings. I'll be impressed when they beat a good team"
"I want everyone to be miserable like me"

Then whatever team they beat after that..........rinse and repeat. Winning really does suck :?

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":3nqdl473 said:
pittpnthrs":3nqdl473 said:
HawkNuts":3nqdl473 said:
pittpnthrs":3nqdl473 said:
Honestly, how long are some fans going to be fooled? The 'Its Only One Loss' crowd are delusional. I'm not even upset about the loss today, but the game just highlighted the warts this organization has had for years now. A horrid defense with a terrible coordinator who wont be fired until it's 3 years to late, an offense that lays an egg at the most inopportune times, players that produce during game days not getting enough touches if any at all (Collins, Dissly), and a head coach thats the cause and wont fix any of it. Its a prototypical Pete Carroll Seahawk team. Same thing year in and year out.

If this team even makes the playoffs, you can count on another first or second round loss. And people wonder why some of us are crying out for change.

Should Andy Reid be fired in KC? They lost to a fairly banged up Baltimore team and they have the best QB in the league.

It’s the NFL, the separation between teams at the top and bottom is fairly slim.

You mean the Andy Reid that has been to two consecutive Super Bowls and was a fumble away from winning another game despite horrible defensive play in the 2nd half? Nah, he should be OK. Unlike Carroll, he rarely gets outcoached.

Yeah the same Andy Reed that didn't do Anything in Philly.. I think your the one that is delusional... I think you enjoy getting a rise out of people... it's really easy to take the negative side of things... there is always something negative even in a 12 win season... you will always have some angle to rip on...ok thats your thing... it is what it is...

LTH

Just stop. He took Philly to the conference title game 5 times and won their division 6 times. Yeah, he didnt do anything in Philadelphia. Good lord.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9xst20c5 said:
LTH":9xst20c5 said:
pittpnthrs":9xst20c5 said:
HawkNuts":9xst20c5 said:

LTH

LTH

Just stop. He took Philly to the conference title game 5 times and won their division 6 times. Yeah, he didnt do anything in Philadelphia. Good lord.

LMFAO!!!!! yeah he did not to much different from what Carroll has done but he never won a SB in Philly so with the way you think he should be fired LMAO!!!

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3b9wz9pm said:
Pitt after the Hawks win on Sunday: "It's just the Vikings. I'll be impressed when they beat a good team"
"I want everyone to be miserable like me"

Then whatever team they beat after that..........rinse and repeat. Winning really does suck :?

Are the Vikings the measuring stick you want to use? Seriously, they are a middle of the pack team in the NFC, so no, I wont be that impressed if Seattle beats them. Lets see what they do against division rivals and teams like the Steelers and Packers before we make assumptions. Last year they beat like 2 maybe 3 teams with a record above .500 and everybody seemed fooled by them. Looks like another season of the same thing.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2mgdrbw2 said:
pittpnthrs":2mgdrbw2 said:
LTH":2mgdrbw2 said:
pittpnthrs":2mgdrbw2 said:

LTH

LTH

LMFAO!!!!! yeah he did not to much different from what Carroll has done but he never won a SB in Philly so with the way you think he should be fired LMAO!!!

Yeah Carroll has his team in the conference title games with regularity. Quit reaching man.

Beren

Reaction score
It's all about expectations.

The majority of this forum seem perfectly contented, if not happy, with the last few years very predictable pattern - which is already playing out again. Happy days, enviable days for the majority of other franchises around the league, and a far cry from the pre-Carroll era.

However, I want the Seahawks to be the best, and while the Seahawks have this Pete Carroll, in this era, they will be less than the sum of their parts and the best QB the franchise has ever had will have his remaining years here wasted (which I equate to really challenging for a Superbowl).

This team is going nowhere if you have dreams of another ring. If you just want a nice ride, this team will give you entertainment, nailbiters and plenty of false dawns.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":17mqecq4 said:
LTH":17mqecq4 said:
pittpnthrs":17mqecq4 said:
LTH":17mqecq4 said:

LTH

LTH

Yeah Carroll has his team in the conference title games with regularity. Quit reaching man.

Yeah but does it really matter if you dont win those games? That's your philosophy what difference does it make if you dont make it to the SB? I agree with you about Reed but not with Carroll..

LTH

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Beren":1y8ldut7 said:
It's all about expectations.

The majority of this forum seem perfectly contented, if not happy, with the last few years very predictable pattern - which is already playing out again. Happy days, enviable days for the majority of other franchises around the league, and a far cry from the pre-Carroll era.

However, I want the Seahawks to be the best, and while the Seahawks have this Pete Carroll, in this era, they will be less than the sum of their parts and the best QB the franchise has ever had will have his remaining years here wasted (which I equate to really challenging for a Superbowl).

This team is going nowhere if you have dreams of another ring. If you just want a nice ride, this team will give you entertainment, nailbiters and plenty of false dawns.

Exactly

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I look forward to the next 28 of these threads next week.

For people who love to bemoan the predictability of this years team, y'all sure put out some predictable content.

Why watch if the outcome is determined? Seriously. Why?

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":312oyac1 said:
pittpnthrs":312oyac1 said:
LTH":312oyac1 said:
pittpnthrs":312oyac1 said:
LTH

Yeah but does it really matter if you dont win those games? That's your philosophy what difference does it make if you dont make it to the SB? I agree with you about Reed but not with Carroll..

LTH

Why do you agree with Reid but not Carroll? Reid had way more success in Philly than Carroll did in New York and New England. They both moved on and won a Super Bowl and lost a Super Bowl, but Reids team is primed again for another deep post season run and possible Super Bowl appearance while Carrolls team will be fighting for a Wild Card spot. No matter how you want to swing it, Reid has a much better NFL resume than Carroll and it will only increase in size as time goes by.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
The Titans are a nightmare matchup for the Hawks. They also generally play mistake free ball and Tannehill is actually a top 10 quarterback but this was a very winnable game. Take away the bunk roughing the passer penalty that extended their drive and it was game over. Also hats off to Vrabel he went in at halftime and made adjustments. Pete got outcoached

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love how some people ASSUME that people are content because they don't freak out. You have NO idea how people feel and/or are reacting away from this site. Been plenty p***** since this loss. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of my seat, as I was losing it. Often.
But if someone doesn't go full sky is falling on here, that somehow means they are content. Wrong
The Hawks were massively outplayed and outcoached, period. On to Sunday.
Fan how you want, enjoy your doom and gloom.
If they lose, you'll be content to tell everyone how "right" you are. If they win, you'll do everything you can to downplay the Hawks win. All while telling people how stupid they are for actually believing in the team. Or, god forbid, actually enjoying a win.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ajx61ar said:
Why watch if the outcome is determined? Seriously. Why?

Its entertainment. Even knowing the outcome of the season before it starts, its still fun to watch.