Thursday night football sucks...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
During one of the first days of training camp, the channel broadcasting day one or 2 said they will be carrying all 3 preseason games. May want to check it out. I wish I could remember the channel....Kolo or some such. I was thinking about streaming it from them online.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3kwegrno said:
Year of The Hawk":3kwegrno said:
I hate how we face the 9ers on there turf on a short week two years in a row. Our biggest rival and they get an edge two years in a row. If we make it to the big dance again then no one can say we had an easy path there.

Not to mention we play the Cardinals the week before. The Niners get the Redskins.

But all good.. will just be that much sweeter when we walk out of their new stadium with a W.

Yup, worst part of the schedule. The NFL did us no favors in that stretch.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":3i8aljwa said:
Just rewatch the SuperB owl, its much more entertaining.

:les:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! :)
I think I'll do just that.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mc9k3f2 said:
The Radish":2mc9k3f2 said:

I guess. I dont know why you cant do both.

Anyone who says they dont watch/care for preseason because its pointless doesnt really like football all that much. They just like results. Preseason might not be the best ball of the season, but its still NFL football and its still the seahawks. For me, watching football comes first. Results come after the fact.

A

Anonymous

Cartire":1h2syolh said:
Sports Hernia":1h2syolh said:
The Radish":1h2syolh said:

Anyone who says they dont watch/care for preseason because its pointless doesnt really like football all that much. They just like results. Preseason might not be the best ball of the season, but its still NFL football and its still the seahawks. For me, watching football comes first. Results come after the fact.

Cartire, you may father my next offspring.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Sob...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":ekviihe8 said:
During one of the first days of training camp, the channel broadcasting day one or 2 said they will be carrying all 3 preseason games. May want to check it out. I wish I could remember the channel....Kolo or some such. I was thinking about streaming it from them online.

First of all, a small correction....there are 4 pre season games, not 3.

Local television networks show in market games live. The NFL network shows all games either live or tape delayed. Many of the pre season games are on at the same time, so for obvious reasons they cannot show every team's game live. They are showing at least parts of 3 of our 4 games on the NFL Network which is actually quite a bit compared to year's past and other teams.

Anyone who doesn't see the pre season games live can catch the replay on the NFL Network, just have to watch the schedule for when they air the replay.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seedhawk":ofo9mtii said:
One word of advice. MOVE! Preferably North. :p

or out of the country. NFL game pass is the sh!t.

can watch any game live, up to 4 at the same time. Watch old games, playoffS, super bowl, nfl network, redzone, coaches film, condensed versions. etc.

and the stream quality is great.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":ubhcvfnd said:
Cartire":ubhcvfnd said:
Sports Hernia":ubhcvfnd said:
The Radish":ubhcvfnd said:

Cartire, you may father my next offspring.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Sob...

+2. How any Seattle fan cannot wait to see the new additions to the Seahawks, not to mention practice squad guys like Bates, in a live game, is beyond me. There are so many potential storylines that preseason is about everything but the final score. That's why it's fun.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Regardless of all this chit- chat, you're right, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Thursday night football sucks

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":cwqrjql8 said:
Regardless of all this chit- chat, you're right, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Thursday night football sucks

We want MATLOCK! *shakes fist at cloud.*

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bigskydoc":20zxxx2t said:
Yep. Sunday ticket does not include any preseason games. Sunday ticket doesn't start until the first Sunday of regular season, Sunday, Sept 7th.

Wow, I had no idea. Weaksauce.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
I already can't sleep kickoff isn't for like a bazillion more hours!

:D

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thursday football just sux in general, imo. I will say I am grateful for the entertainment it provides (it's football) but if it came to a vote, I'd vote against it. I just see it as a HUGE disadvantage to the road team in a league where "every game counts". I understand the NFL's generosity in not playing Fridays / taking away from HS football or Saturdays out of respect for the NCAA, but with so much emphasis on "player safety" etc, I don't see Thursdays contributing to that goal. 3 less days of rest / recovery can't be a good thing, imo.

New rule: The teams that won their respective conferences the previous year don't have to play Thursdays the following year. I'd vote for that.

Latest posts